Boris

scolopax

To some extent I agree, but come the election Labour will produce policies which they claim to have costed. As Yellow Bear has said, straight from the money tree, costed by their mathematical geniuses, Diane Abbott or Angela - I'm was a single mum at 18, from a council estate and left school with no O levels - Rayner.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Winston Churchill left school with the reputation of being a dunce, and only just scraped into Sandhurst at the third attempt. Early education failure need not define anyone's life.

By the way, the Shadow Chancellor is Rachel Reeves - a PPE graduate from Oxford with a master's from LSE.                        I expect she can do sums (also an anti- Corbynite).

10 hours ago, Gordon R said:

To some extent I agree, but come the election Labour will produce policies which they claim to have costed. As Yellow Bear has said, straight from the money tree, costed by their mathematical geniuses, Diane Abbott or Angela - I'm was a single mum at 18, from a council estate and left school with no O levels - Rayner.

Left school with no O levels, surely she should be working in a minimum wage menial type of job at best....

I am not knocking the fact that she left school with no O levels. Some of my friends left with the same, but prospered in business.

What I don't take to is the way she boasts about it. It is nothing to boast or be embarrassed about. Why do we need to be constantly reminded about her child at 16, her zero O levels and her council estate background? Do these factors make her more honest than Boris? I suspect neither would willingly take a polygraph test.

44 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

A.R. would have been truly talented if she had left school with O levels, as these exams effectively ceased when she was still at primary school. Still, don't let the odd fact get in the way of misogyny and snobbery.

👍😣 This is Pw a small fact like it didn't exist then is nothing 🤣🤣 this is not the first time she has been mentioned she is from a council estate with no o levels the Labor party fights for the working class and that is most likely where they came from myself included here in the valleys where i was born 

1 hour ago, Pushandpull said:

A.R. would have been truly talented if she had left school with O levels, as these exams effectively ceased when she was still at primary school. Still, don't let the odd fact get in the way of misogyny and snobbery.

No O Levels then - but she has got 8 GCSE's :whistling:

just listening to a key note speech by the prime minister (live) from Blackpool..............the mans a dreamer........i have come finally to the conclusion that i dont believe a word he says of what he is going to do or has done..........itis all spin for the weak of mind..........he is spinning more untruths that Blair or corbyn...............

for me the political class is now totally non-functional as a tool for managing this country

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

just listening to a key note speech by the prime minister (live) from Blackpool..............the mans a dreamer........i have come finally to the conclusion that i dont believe a word he says of what he is going to do or has done..........itis all spin for the weak of mind..........he is spinning more untruths that Blair or corbyn...............

for me the political class is now totally non-functional as a tool for managing this country

Started with lets get Brexit done. 

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

Hello, well said Simon, talking of Mr Blair did you see the report on his sons enterprise, talk about his dad getting rich 🤔 

17 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I am not knocking the fact that she left school with no O levels. Some of my friends left with the same, but prospered in business.

What I don't take to is the way she boasts about it. It is nothing to boast or be embarrassed about. Why do we need to be constantly reminded about her child at 16, her zero O levels and her council estate background? Do these factors make her more honest than Boris? I suspect neither would willingly take a polygraph test.

100% wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her along with Hunt and most of the others.   Just heard that in some parts of the USA petrol(gas) is $8 a gallon and an American gallon is slightly less than ours. It was 78 cents when I first went to Texas and remember the weeping and wailing when it went to a dollar.

55 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well said Simon, talking of Mr Blair did you see the report on his sons enterprise, talk about his dad getting rich 🤔 

i just felt a little bit of sick in my throat........

On 08/06/2022 at 22:25, stumfelter said:

Left school with no O levels, surely she should be working in a minimum wage menial type of job at best....

She was, she worked as a care assistant in a care home but like many before her she discovered the Union. Her rise through the Union ranks was pretty rapid. I wonder why that was? 

On 09/06/2022 at 07:09, Rim Fire said:

the Labor party fights for the working class 

The labour party tells the working class it is fighting for it but really it doesn't. To survive as a party they need to maintain an underclass who will vote for them.

If they raised everybody out of poverty more would vote Lib Dem or Conservative. So they need to keep the workers poor and disgruntled.

What they do is raise the grudge factor by pointing out how unfair this is or that is. With Labour everything is unfair, and they 'sort of' imply they would do something about it. Somehow though it just never happens

The SNP is the same, grudge grudge grudge, but no answers.

Edited by Vince Green

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The labour party tells the working class it is fighting for it but really it doesn't. To survive as a party they need to maintain an underclass who will vote for them.

If they raised everybody out of poverty more would vote Lib Dem or Conservative. So they need to keep the workers poor and disgruntled.

What they do is raise the grudge factor by pointing out how unfair this is or that is. With Labour everything is unfair, and they 'sort of' imply they would do something about it. Somehow though it just never happens 

Exactly this /\

It is not in their long term interests to see Labour voters do well and come off benefits and start to prosper - or they (or at least enough to cause electoral problems will) will tend to vote elsewhere once the original reasons for voting Labour have passed.