Just how much longer will the BBC and ITV keep trotting out the pointless coverage?

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, captainhastings said:

He said he didn't care about the queen whoopie do. Lots don't it is fine. Seemed a nice lady and it is sad but I never new her so apart from the initial oh that is sad that is me done. 

Yep same.

Seems some people struggle to empathise with that point of view.

Though I will say, that my social media has been full of pictures of her with dogs, out shooting with her husband, driving round in Landies and even, yes, out with horses.  Seems like the kind of person most of us would appreciate.

to lead a nation requires morals and standards beyond reproach your integrity above price as you set the bench mark in life others aim for not one royal has come close to the above so respect them if you wish but don’t abuse or insult people who won’t take part in this pretence because that is the height of disrespect 

4 hours ago, captainhastings said:

He said he didn't care about the queen whoopie do. Lots don't it is fine. Seemed a nice lady and it is sad but I never new her so apart from the initial oh that is sad that is me done. 

If he doesn't care about the Queen,  that's his business, and I have no issue with that whatsoever, but , I found that comparing the death of the Queen to his neighbours dead dog particularly offensive. 

7 hours ago, mel b3 said:

If he doesn't care about the Queen,  that's his business, and I have no issue with that whatsoever, but , I found that comparing the death of the Queen to his neighbours dead dog particularly offensive. 

On 11/09/2022 at 18:40, mel b3 said:

You're right , it's about choice . You have the choice of listening to it , or turning it off 👍.

If you find other peoples opinions offensive take your own advice and stop reading.

I won't lower myself to respond to the personal slur you made against me, (that's since been removed) as I believe once you're reduced to insults you've lost the argument.

Perhaps the mod's should close this thread?  Because I have enough respect to know that perhaps now is not the time to debate the merits or otherwise of the Royal family.

Finally, Mr mel b3, we have a strong difference of opinion, I hope we can agree to disagree and move on.

3 hours ago, Wymondley said:

If you find other peoples opinions offensive take your own advice and stop reading.

I won't lower myself to respond to the personal slur you made against me, (that's since been removed) as I believe once you're reduced to insults you've lost the argument.

Perhaps the mod's should close this thread?  Because I have enough respect to know that perhaps now is not the time to debate the merits or otherwise of the Royal family.

Finally, Mr mel b3, we have a strong difference of opinion, I hope we can agree to disagree and move on.

He finds anyone's opinion other than his own very offensive and gets very abusive.  He doesn't agree with free speech and prays at the Royal alter, my advice is to ignore him.

Edited by Weihrauch17

On 13/09/2022 at 20:51, Wymondley said:

I'm not being facetious but I'd care more if my neighbours dog had died, the Queen meant absolutely nothing to me.

27 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

He finds anyone's opinion other than his own very offensive and gets very abusive.  He doesn't agree with free speech and prays at the Royal alter, my advice is to ignore him.

Not how I see it, he took offence at the above comment,  and who wouldn't,  it's fine to not be bothered,  not everyone is in favour of the royals, but who puts something like that?

I was stunned by it, I'm sure others were as well.

Personally I won't be queuing to see the Queens coffin,  I don't see the need, but lots of others do want to so that's up to them.

I'm happy to watch bits and pieces and will watch the funeral on Monday as that's my way of showing respect.

At a time like this if I was anti royal or thought there was too much coverage I'd simply keep quiet and turn over.

If you  put in to context he might know the neighbours dog well and be attached where as he like every one else does not know the queen more than likely never met her and her passing will have zero affect on any one. That said she seemed a lovely lady and from field sports view was on our side so of course it is a shame. But she lead a long privileged life so was very lucky in a lot of ways 

Reactions to the Queen’s death have been an eye-opener. 

I will be treating people differently in future, based on their lack of empathy and basic common decency. To be fair, my friends and acquaintances are all similar in outlook, Club memberships, education, etc. so there have been no shocks. However, I will review colleagues and friends of friends if they cannot be civil to those in mourning. 

Treat others as you wish to be treated is a very simple concept. 

Thread still going then?

I'll explain my remark for those who find it so shocking.

I have absolutely no interest in the royal family, I find their existence irrelevant and pointless.

I didn't know the Queen, she brought nothing to my life.

Why on earth would or should I feel the slightest grief on her passing?

I made an analogy with the death of my neighbours dog, (he's fine by the way) who I do know and who brings some pleasure into my life. 

A simple statement of fact, nothing disrespectful in that.

On 15/09/2022 at 19:43, Wymondley said:

didn't know the Queen, she brought nothing to my life.

You may not have known her personally, but I'd disagree that she bought nothing to your life. Directly then yeah okay but alot in the background I'd imagine has impacted your life, and probably in more ways than anyone would know 

I have no issues with what you are saying and understand where you are coming from but we all have our opinions and they are neither right or wrong, they are just opinions. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well I watched some of this mornings service and procession.

Same pictures for all TV Companies. 

The ITV coverage was far better than the others because they manged to comment less and let the pictures do the talking.

I watched it on BBC iPlayer, where one of the options is to have no commentary, so just the bands, marching feet, the occasional command and some cheers and clapping.

I was amazed at the faultless performance of the Royal Navy contingent. Considering that they do not usually perform ceremonial duties and the last time that they did this was in 1965, they should be proud of themselves.

The whole sad day made me proud to be British.

2 minutes ago, amateur said:

I watched it on BBC iPlayer, where one of the options is to have no commentary, so just the bands, marching feet, the occasional command and some cheers and clapping.

I was amazed at the faultless performance of the Royal Navy contingent. Considering that they do not usually perform ceremonial duties and the last time that they did this was in 1965, they should be proud of themselves.

Yes indeed a better option and well done to all who took part, they did the old girl and the country proud!   :good:

1 minute ago, amateur said:

There were faults, a rating only turning to his right instead of about, and a petty officer(I think, not up on Navy ranks) doing the same and being on camera when he corrected his mistake, no doubt it will be his round in the Mess.

But mistakes are expected on something on this scale, overall the armed forces did the Queen proud , and the bearer party were truly magnificent, there is no way i would have wanted to take that role on, hats off to them.

1 minute ago, welsh1 said:

There were faults, a rating only turning to his right instead of about, and a petty officer(I think, not up on Navy ranks) doing the same and being on camera when he corrected his mistake, no doubt it will be his round in the Mess.

But mistakes are expected on something on this scale, overall the armed forces did the Queen proud , and the bearer party were truly magnificent, there is no way i would have wanted to take that role on, hats off to them.

I missed those.

1 minute ago, welsh1 said:

The long walk into Windsor Castle was extraordinary,  so many people and horses in such a small area, so glad that it all went to plan, I'm sure there will be a lot of relieved people after that.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And a lot of people on the Kings Honours list!  :cool1:

Most likely and why not, pressure of the event and knowing that every move is being watched and scrutinised, some of the horses got twitchy but were quickly brought under control,  seems like everything went according to plan,  great respectful crowds and good weather.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Most likely and why not, pressure of the event and knowing that every move is being watched and scrutinised, some of the horses got twitchy but were quickly brought under control,  seems like everything went according to plan,  great respectful crowds and good weather.

Agreed regarding the honours, the bearer party were magnificent considering the occasion, interesting to see the navy carrying out the gun carriage duties which I thought were done well.