Don't really like him, but simply brilliant.

Penelope

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must agree I am very indifferent to piers at the best of times but…….well done that man πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

48 minutes ago, oowee said:

Funny but she is right and he is wrong but it will take time to turn the super tanker

I’d love for you to quantify that statement! It’s not about right or wrong, it’s about as he said, living together without casting judgement, you want to be vegan….cool you do that and let me eat meat and consume animal products without judging. Vegans are hypocrites simple as that, animals die in the production/ transportation of all food types, end of! And therefore veganism itself is impossible.Β 

A few simple questions he could/shouldΒ  have asked

1 When a plant based diet becomes law who will kill all the farm animals ? they cant just be set free as they will multiply and destroy the newly re-wilded farms,Β 

2 Should food imports[vegetables] stop as it makes little sense to ship large quantities of food across the world with the aim to reduce emissions

3 Will the now redundant workforce [agriculture food and fisheries] be made to give up their land, factories and equipment and retrain if so what in

4 Can we live on a diet of root crops and cereals

Im sure there are many more...in my view sustainability and freedom of choice should feature in any further debateΒ 

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2022/09/06/animal-rights-protesters-film-themselves-drilling-holes-in-muller-lorry-tyres-at-willenhall/

45 minutes ago, islandgun said:

A few simple questions he could/shouldΒ  have asked

1 When a plant based diet becomes law who will kill all the farm animals ? they cant just be set free as they will multiply and destroy the newly re-wilded farms,Β 

2 Should food imports[vegetables] stop as it makes little sense to ship large quantities of food across the world with the aim to reduce emissions

3 Will the now redundant workforce [agriculture food and fisheries] be made to give up their land, factories and equipment and retrain if so what in

4 Can we live on a diet of root crops and cereals

Im sure there are many more...in my view sustainability and freedom of choice should feature in any further debateΒ 

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2022/09/06/animal-rights-protesters-film-themselves-drilling-holes-in-muller-lorry-tyres-at-willenhall/

A woman asked CP on social media if he could throw his weight behind the banning of horse racing. I asked her what would happen to all those race horses if they did. That was some time ago now and she still hasn’t got back to me. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

9 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

I’d love for you to quantify that statement! It’s not about right or wrong, it’s about as he said, living together without casting judgement, you want to be vegan….cool you do that and let me eat meat and consume animal products without judging. Vegans are hypocrites simple as that, animals die in the production/ transportation of all food types, end of! And therefore veganism itself is impossible.Β 

Yep let's carry on as we are for now. As we need more food and reducing carbon, we will move to a more plant based diet and I guess synthetic based foods. Carbon tax will push meat to levels few can afford. The death of a few animals and insects will be inconsequential.Β 

38 minutes ago, Scully said:

A woman asked CP on social media if he could throw his weight behind the banning of horse racing. I asked her what would happen to all those race horses if they did. That was some time ago now and she still hasn’t got back to me. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Its a simple fact that's never asked.. perhaps next would be a call for the removal of all pets, or a hands on approach to human overpopulation, all over 50's form a queue [at the cliff edge]πŸ˜‰

1 hour ago, Scully said:

That's easy, horse meat is quite tastyΒ :lol:

An Irish woman too.πŸ™ˆ.tut tut..!Β  Probably a city girl. Well played Piers Morgan.

Morgan's views and response is similiar to what Kevin Costner's character ''John Dutton''Β  in the hit TV series Yellowstone, told the vegan protester. I can't find a decent link for it, but it was a powerful scene that went out to a worldwide audience.Β 

8 minutes ago, SuperGoose75 said:

An Irish woman too.πŸ™ˆ.tut tut..!Β  Probably a city girl. Well played Piers Morgan.

Morgan's views and response is similiar to what Kevin Costner's character ''John Dutton''Β  in the hit TV series Yellowstone, told the vegan protester. I can't find a decent link for it, but it was a powerful scene that went out to a worldwide audience.Β 

This one?

Β 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Yep let's carry on as we are for now. As we need more food and reducing carbon, we will move to a more plant based diet and I guess synthetic based foods. Carbon tax will push meat to levels few can afford. The death of a few animals and insects will be inconsequential.Β 

None of which is going to happen in the lifetime of anyone currently on PW

2 hours ago, oowee said:

"The death of a few animals and insects will be inconsequential"

Here are some facts, just a "few" animals ?

www.statista.com 2021 numbers.
22.8 m lambs and sheep.
9.4m beef cattle
1.1m dairy cattle
4.76m pigs
Too many chickens to count (incl domestic ownership)

Β 

Β 

Just watched it, but couldn’t to the end. He makes some valid points, but he’s let everyone down by talking over her and stifling her input. She would no doubt just have added to the rope with which she could be hung, but talking over someone so they can’t put their point across, isn’t debate.Β 
He hasn’t shone in my opinion, and just appears to be a harassing bully.Β 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

None of which is going to happen in the lifetime of anyone currently on PW

There is so much land around you and me and many othersΒ  were crops won't growΒ  my cousin is a sheep fell farmers in the lakesΒ  now mid 80sΒ  done it All his life what are we to do with all this land. It has to be managed as its part of the environment. Eric Bogle wrote a song that sums it up " now I'm easy "

https://youtu.be/WYCPXVpO18w

Β