TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

What a lot of the media and the twitterati don't realise is the big world thinks differently to their little bubble of indignation and hate of all things that don't comply with their way. Boris is popular with a lot of voters stil, he is labours biggest fear

Agree and love it.

55 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Which politician would you have a pint and a laugh with, i bet starmer isn't on the list is it, and that is labours problem, starmer is a grey man, no charisma, no glint in his eye when he chats to the old ladies, no passion when he slaps the old lads on the back laughing heartely, Boris has that in buckets, he is a buffoon, but joe public like that.

People say you don't vote for the leader, but when you think the leader is a boring grey bloke with no appeal it won't help the party.

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

People say you don't vote for the leader, but when you think the leader is a boring grey bloke with no appeal it won't help the party.

and the party still contains Dianne Abbott, Tom Watson, Angela Rayner and is financed by the striking unions.

Makes Boris's failings seem minor.

8 hours ago, oowee said:

We have tens of thousands of vacancies in care, and hospitals. We have 10000 beds blocked in hospitals as there insufficient care places. The point is not the numbers but that the conservatives cannot have a sensible conversation with its supporters about how we get who we want into the country. The same goes for progressing Brexit, border security even down to the pensions triple lock. 

The same will be the case with Labour. I cannot see how either party will get us where we need to be. 

We do, but your not seeing this through the eyes of someone who gets up 5 or 6 days a week, goes to work and gets treated like dirt by their employer who pays them minimum wage, or less if you add all the hours they have to put in for free. They have to put up with it because if they don't their boss will get rid of them and replace them with someone else because there were more people than jobs to choose from. 

Since Brexit, there has been record employment levels and wages went up, this was no coincidence and is due to some of the cheap foreign labour force leaving and not returning. Yes it slightly hits the UK's growth figures, but is much better for some of the countries poorest grafters. Inflation is the problem at the moment but its a global problem and mostly due to Covid with money being printed and supply and demand due to nothing being produced for months during lock downs. 

Edited by 12gauge82

3 hours ago, amateur said:

and the party still contains Dianne Abbott, Tom Watson, Angela Rayner and is financed by the striking unions.

Makes Boris's failings seem minor.

I've no idea what your worried about😳😳

I'm sure they'll have some great ideas, the Math will work out, and Corbyn is still there as well isn't he 😱😱

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

We do, but your not seeing this through the eyes of someone who gets up 5 or 6 days a week, goes to work and gets treated like dirt by their employer who pays them minimum wage, or less if you add all the hours they have to put in for free. They have to put up with it because if they don't their boss will get rid of them and replace them with someone else because there were more people than jobs to choose from. 

Since Brexit, there has been record employment levels and wages went up, this was no coincidence and is due to some of the cheap foreign labour force leaving and not returning. Yes it slightly hits the UK's growth figures, but is much better for some of the countries poorest grafters. Inflation is the problem at the moment but its a global problem and mostly due to Covid with money being printed and supply and demand due to nothing being produced for months during lock downs. 

👍 So we need much more labour given the full employment and significant vacancies. My point is not about the wherewithal of the need but the lack of discussion on the subject. You would expect given brexit that we would have a series of white papers setting out a direction of travel for each of the topic areas. The lack of papers reflects the toxic nature of the subject areas with the voter base. 

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

You would expect given brexit that we would have a series of white papers setting out a direction of travel for each of the topic areas.

WARNING! Common sense alert. I would even venture so far as to say that a truly statesmanlike PM, realising that we are in a difficult situation right now, would have cross party appointments on the committees that have some relevant real life expertise. As a Brucie bonus getting buy in from the main parties would also result in more chance of policies being seen through even when there is a change in the majority party.

I cannot see, at the moment, any MP capable of this type of strategic planning.

16 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

The problem seems to me that politics for the average person is no longer about the left or right. You've got labour on the left who are primarily concerned about those on benefits, migrants and other left agendas. Then there's the cons who stand for the super rich while also pushing globalist agenda's that align with some leftist policy. There's no main stream party that stands for the working person, or the average man. The whole political system needs a massive shake up and that much needed change will never come from Labour or the Conservatives, they will tell us what we want to hear and carry on delivering nothing. 

Sadly correct IMHO.

Heading for third world status?

15 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Do we desperately need foreign workers? Filling jobs with cheap foreign labour benefits the rich far more than the majority of the UK population. 

This countrys political system has walked on the little people for far too long, I count myself in a privileged position but I'm disgusted at how this country works, people are being reduced to virtual slave labour for the benefit of a very privileged few,told they need to tighten their belts whilst the richest in society have become substantially richer from the labour of those who can't afford to pay their bills. Its disgraceful. 

This country needs radical political change if people want any hope of a fairer society that works for everyone. 

Again correct?

13 hours ago, oowee said:

We have tens of thousands of vacancies in care, and hospitals. We have 10000 beds blocked in hospitals as there insufficient care places. The point is not the numbers but that the conservatives cannot have a sensible conversation with its supporters about how we get who we want into the country. The same goes for progressing Brexit, border security even down to the pensions triple lock. 

The same will be the case with Labour. I cannot see how either party will get us where we need to be. 

Why do we need to import people from other countries into the services and care sector. There are over 375,00 16 -24 year olds unemployed. What's stopping them filling these vacancies most are probably still living at home. Plus the rest of the unemployed who are happy to claim benefits. There is no stigma anymore for those milking the system. Labour only reinforces this type of lifestyle.

14 hours ago, oowee said:

Again, exactly so.

28 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

Why do we need to import people from other countries into the services and care sector. There are over 375,00 16 -24 year olds unemployed. What's stopping them filling these vacancies most are probably still living at home. Plus the rest of the unemployed who are happy to claim benefits. There is no stigma anymore for those milking the system. Labour only reinforces this type of lifestyle.

16 -24 year olds unemployed …..my nice is 24 she is qualified in child care, been out of work for two years, spends most of her time in her bedroom on social media talking to her mates who are in a similar situation, unemployed, I asked her the other day if she had managed to find a job, she replied, no, just waiting for the right job and money to come along, I honestly don't believe she really wants to work, she dose not get out of bed till 10am.

17 minutes ago, old'un said:

16 -24 year olds unemployed …..my nice is 24 she is qualified in child care, been out of work for two years, spends most of her time in her bedroom on social media talking to her mates who are in a similar situation, unemployed, I asked her the other day if she had managed to find a job, she replied, no, just waiting for the right job and money to come along, I honestly don't believe she really wants to work, she dose not get out of bed till 10am.

I think the work ethic these days is to sit on your **** until you are head hunted with a top salary whilst not having to have gone through the steps to get there.

2 hours ago, 243deer said:

WARNING! Common sense alert. I would even venture so far as to say that a truly statesmanlike PM, realising that we are in a difficult situation right now, would have cross party appointments on the committees that have some relevant real life expertise. As a Brucie bonus getting buy in from the main parties would also result in more chance of policies being seen through even when there is a change in the majority party.

I cannot see, at the moment, any MP capable of this type of strategic planning.

"Cross Party appointments"... All parties have enough problems keeping their own MPs in line without having  "fifth columnists" within the government.

"Getting buy in from main parties", even when opposition MPs agree with the government they vote against as it is not "their" policy being put forward.

You would need a completely different election and governance system to even think about making this happen, starting with full Proportional Representation.

52 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

Due to Government, banking and economics system and policies it is a Ponzi or Pyramid scheme, you needfresh blood constantly at the bottom to enable everyone else to move higher and\or maintain their position.

Like all pyramid schemes, it collapses from the bottom upwards when no fresh blood (cheap labour) is available.

58 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

This ^^^ 100%

15 hours ago, oowee said:

It's not the job of the government to find staff for the NHS

The NHS should take care of its own needs. The fact that it doesn't is symptomatic of its general complacency and inefficiency

The NHS has plenty of overpaid managers. They don't seem to have much trouble filling those vacancies 

Edited by Vince Green

29 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

I think the work ethic these days is to sit on your **** until you are head hunted with a top salary whilst not having to have gone through the steps to get there.

Not quite maybe, possibly a socially engineered situation caused by a system whereby nearly every person was thought of as disadvantaged and in need of help by benefit or status?

The rest is history, why get off yer butt when there is no need to be half awake enough to sign on?

For sure all politicos irrespective of leaning love their current idle lifestyle, few years on. few off. Still plundering the pot irrespective of situation? Pretty sure they will fight tooth and nail to stay as currently of total freedom to ignore the wishes of the electorate and to walk off free after having caused immense damage however they please.