Coronation.

oowee

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

I hope your lad made it on to the TV coverage.

Unfortunately we didn't see him, he was interviewed by BBC Radio and hopefully the Sunday Telegraph. 

The weather spoiled what was meant to be a cracking day.

Almost all of the aircraft took off, went out over the Wash and waited to be scrubbed. Hence only the helicopters and the Red Arrows.

Poor old BBMF with the Lancaster never even started their engines.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Harry or Andrew!.

Wrong! On 2 counts.

Andrew made a quick appearance dressed in his Knight of the Garter robes but do not know where he went after that.

Harry was sitting immediately behind the Princess Royal (She had a red hackle in her hat.)  He was in the 3rd row near to the passageway. He was dressed in morning suit.

I watched it all and have to say I found it fascinating both from the historical aspects and all the pomp and circumstance. King and Queen did very well given the pressure on them to do so.  Didn't all our serving Lads and Lasses do really well in their parts of the whole thing. In fact every one did very well..

:good:

Pushkin

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

i tell you what would wee me off and that is sitting behind Katy Perry who is wearing a pink hat the size of a bleedi' dustbin lid.............

if i were there i would be wearing a small facinator made from the whspy pubic hair of a dozen Grimsby virgins....

Given the scarcity of such that'd be an expensive piece of headwear to manufacture.

4 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

No Harry or Andrew!.Wrong! On 2 counts.Andrew made a quick appearance dressed in his Knight of the Garter robes but do not know where he went after that.Harry was sitting immediately behind the Princess Royal (She had a red hackle in her hat.)  He was in the 3rd row near to the passageway. He was dressed in morning suit.I watched it all and have to say I found it fascinating both from the historical aspects and all the pomp and circumstance. King and Queen did very well given the pressure on them to do so.  Didn't all our serving Lads and Lasses do really well in their parts of the whole thing. In fact every one did very well..

Yes I know, they were BOTH sidelined!

i think im getting strange in my old age..............i was totally surprised at the lump in my throat when Chas 3.was stripped down to his ole shirt...and went in for annointing...........the abbey fell silient....im not terribly religeous but i felt i had witnessed something terribly archaic and powerful.

to re-address the balance of sensability i wish to say that Penny Mordaunt looked stunningly georgeous.......she should be given a crown............my god she is a fine looking woman

5 hours ago, manthing said:

How can they book a day out of you holiday entitlement for a bank holiday?

My contract I only get 3 days bank holiday, taken out of my yearly entitlement. Xmas day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day. Last month they decided it was beneficial for the company NOT to open bank holidays at all…… so any shift I’m on at bank holiday comes out of my entitlement. They haven’t changed my contract. Not happy, just need some professional advice before I hit HR with at whopping great snot-o-gram. 

7 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

My contract I only get 3 days bank holiday, taken out of my yearly entitlement. Xmas day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day. Last month they decided it was beneficial for the company NOT to open bank holidays at all…… so any shift I’m on at bank holiday comes out of my entitlement. They haven’t changed my contract. Not happy, just need some professional advice before I hit HR with at whopping great snot-o-gram. 

Erm, thats not allowed as far as I know, I could be wrong.

Speak to citizens advice or your lawyer.

For me, if you normally work on  Monday and they decide not to allow you to work by closing they should give you the paid day, not take it from your entitlement so you're missing a day of your days of.

Something smelly going on there.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

Penny Mordaunt looked stunningly georgeous.......she should be given a crown......

She also held that sword absolutely vertical throughout the procession, never wavered at all.   Very skillful weapon handling.   I got the impression she would probably be able to use it, as well as carrying it.

2 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

The coronation was an additional bank holiday, you should have gotten an extra day in your annual allowance to cover this. They’re breaking the law if they’ve not done this.

19 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, will Camella live up to our late Queen Elizabeth ??

Queen Elizabeth was 27 when she was crowned and she is a tough act to follow.

Queen Camilla is 75 and there is no way she can achieve what the late Queen did. She is not in the same position. I am sure she will be a good Queen and support to Charles for however long they reign.

3 hours ago, manthing said:

Erm, thats not allowed as far as I know, I could be wrong.

Speak to citizens advice or your lawyer.

For me, if you normally work on  Monday and they decide not to allow you to work by closing they should give you the paid day, not take it from your entitlement so you're missing a day of your days of.

Something smelly going on there.

Company I worked for made us work Tuesday to Saturdays so we missed out the bank holidays which are mostly Mondays so they didn’t have to give us days off. Worst company I worked for .

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

i think im getting strange in my old age..............i was totally surprised at the lump in my throat when Chas 3.was stripped down to his ole shirt...and went in for annointing...........the abbey fell silient....im not terribly religeous but i felt i had witnessed something terribly archaic and powerful.

to re-address the balance of sensability i wish to say that Penny Mordaunt looked stunningly georgeous.......she should be given a crown............my god she is a fine looking woman

Just for you Simon . She should have been our PM

Screenshot_20230506-210903_Facebook.jpg

36 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

It came too soon after the jubilee and the funeral. 

All that pageantry looses it's impact if you see it too often

Some of the marching, negotiating the tight bends and arches was absolutely brilliant.

loved how well they did 12 into 6 to get thro the arches

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

Yes... I  would 

Edited by Minky

Well,  The Mrs and I  watched all of it.  This country can be proud of what we as a nation are capable of. It did leave a fair amount of emotion with the ancient ritual.  At one point you could see the weight that was on Charles face. He really looked grey at at one point I thought that he looked as if he might throw up. When you realise that some here may say that it doesn't concern them they should consider the hundreds of millions of people from all over the world who hold the royal family in high esteem.   When the reporter was speaking to people on the mall a lot of them seemed to come from other countries.  AND IF the royal family weren't in that position, who would be.  The Beatles, Arthur Scarghill. Jeremy corbin, the spice girls.?  What about Keir starmer.  OR someone who has been born to fulfil the role as a figurehead above it all, who only wants good for the country and it's people.  They say that young people don't  care but all four of our daughters, their friends and families were very keen to watch it as a spectacular event full of pomp and pageantry.  Two of the youngest daughters friends went up and camped out overnight on the Mall and they are late twenties. AND I didn't mind  watching Penny Maudant.

Edited by Minky

41 minutes ago, Minky said:

Well,  The Mrs and I  watched all of it.  This country can be proud of what we as a nation are capable of. It did leave a fair amount of emotion with the ancient ritual.  At one point you could see the weight that was on Charles face. He really looked grey at at one point I thought that he looked as if he might throw up. When you realise that some here may say that it doesn't concern them they should consider the hundreds of millions of people from all over the world who hold the royal family in high esteem.   When the reporter was speaking to people on the mall a lot of them seemed to come from other countries.  AND IF the royal family weren't in that position, who would be.  The Beatles, Arthur Scarghill. Jeremy corbin, the spice girls.?  What about Keir starmer.  OR someone who has been born to fulfil the role as a figurehead above it all, who only wants good for the country and its people.  They say that young people don't  care but all four of our daughters, their friends and families were very keen to watch it as a spectacular event full of pomp and pageantry.  Two of the youngest daughters friends went up and camped out overnight on the Mall and they are late twenties. AND I didn't mind  watching Penny Maudant.

Completely agree with all of this, well said.