Shop looting

countryman

We need to select a suitable cold  coastal island and instal basic accommodation or moor a barge. Pay a premium wage to serving service personnel or ex military and teach them that the majority of the population this is not acceptable.

The courts could then send them away to learn a lesson on human behaviour.

We currently have a minority rules society which is not representative. We have police no go areas, in which I do not drive due to the intimidation of pedestrians and so called drivers. My father went to war to protect freedom of speech which it seems has been lost as I’m frequently told by my siblings that my attitude is wrong and I should embrace all as individuals.

A few years ago my lifelong friend who I have know for fifty years cautioned me when I went, once more, to visit my wife's family in Nigeria. Staying at Lagos and then onward to Benin City. Admonishing me that I'd be kidnapped or even murdered. To which I told him that I actually felt safer there walking about than I did in parts of Leicester. 

me and my mate/boss drove thro leicester about 20 years ago...as we entered a certain part ..he told me to lock my  door and wind my window up as we drove thro this part ..i didnt see a single white man...and there were so many shops with bolts of cloth hanging up outside them ..other shops had metal buckets and wheelbarrows and bits and peices.........we drove thro slowly ..and way behind the car infront...so we had no need to stop..............there were so many blokes just staring at us maleveontly.......i was very nervous....it is something i never want to do again

14 minutes ago, ditchman said:

me and my mate/boss drove thro leicester about 20 years ago...as we entered a certain part ..he told me to lock my  door and wind my window up as we drove thro this part ..i didnt see a single white man...and there were so many shops with bolts of cloth hanging up outside them ..other shops had metal buckets and wheelbarrows and bits and peices.........we drove thro slowly ..and way behind the car infront...so we had no need to stop..............there were so many blokes just staring at us maleveontly.......i was very nervous....it is something i never want to do again

You even get that in certain white areas of Salford.  Ordsall is a little better now but you still lock your doors and close your windows at the A57/M602 roundabout and all down Regent Road just out of habit and precaution.  We, as fire crews, were attacked on a VERY regular basis in the late 80's and early 90' but things have improved somewhat with only isolated attacks now.  CCTV and central locking on all doors and lockers on the appliances has stopped most of the thefts of equipment.  I still wouldn't walk round Ordsall day or night as a stranger.  We have got one Ordsall resident moved into a HMO locally with all his feral kids with him at weekends. Within 24 hours he was begging for money off the myself and the neighbours saying he has all these children to feed yet he smokes 80 a day and has an endless supply of Stella (always blind drunk) and only rides in taxis.  His 14 year old son smokes and drinks too.  He lives in a one room bedsit and has upwards of five of his eight kids staying overnight Friday and Saturday.  Despite informing the landlord and Salford Council of breach of HMO licence (only two occupants allowed in a bedsit HMO) and Salford Children Safeguarding Team absolutely nothing has been done.  They only do something when a tragedy has occurred and then 'lessons have been learned' and 'we have identified a training need'.  All talk and no action.  I have no intentions of selling up and moving but that HMO has knocked £10k+ off house prices locally and it's only going to get worse with money grabbing developers turning everything into HMO's due to the high return on their investment.  The planners give not one jot about where they allow them and who occupies them and it's down to local residents to take action but this one sneaked in under the radar. There were five objections but, amazingly none were put in front of the planning committee! It would seem corruption is still rife and living in Salford.

All the evidence is that it is the surety of being caught rather than the severity of potential punishment that makes people less likely to offend,

Consider that a couple of hundred years ago many offenders could be hung for petty theft and other "minor" offences. The more fortunate (!) ended up on the shores of Van Diemen's Land. It didn't stop crime though !

I don't have an answer, but I do wonder how soon we will begin to see the South African system of the shop keeper controlling the door to high street shops, so that customers have to ring for entry. This is seen very widely, not just in obviously rough areas.

When you have teenage gangs telling people and Police "we are teenagers, you can't touch us" I'm afraid the battle is lost  ! Last night a 13 and 14 years old arrested and charged with the murder of a 16 years old   ??

A stabbing a day now in Liverpool, mostly committed by teenagers. These gangs run amok in the City centre and nobody will challenge them.  I stay out of the City because I could not stand by and do nothing, even though I'm nearing 80. I was stabbed with a hypodermic syringe when I confronted a shoplifter who had attacked a Staff member in the local Morrisons.  She got 6 months when later arrested at another store, having held Police and Security at bay, with the aforementioned hypodermic  !

Edited by Westley

2 hours ago, Pushandpull said:

the South African system of the shop keeper controlling the door to high street shops, so that customers have to ring for entry. This is seen very widely, not just in obviously rough areas.

The same system is not uncommon in American gun shops. I have been in some where the staff deploy to different corners and have hands on sidearms before they electronically unlock the door to let you in.

2 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

Some gun shops do this here - which is sort of understandable. But it happens in wee shops selling antiques.....woollen goods....pharmacy etc. even in up-country dorps. There are no doubt good reasons and I fear we have the same reasons here.

All the small independent shops near me do this almost now. Gun shops too

On 16/09/2023 at 10:12, countryman said:

What has happened to our country, shop looting by Feral gangs is out of control in a lot of the country, if there was the same amount of effort that’s put into ripping motorists off as stopping these scum maybe things would be different.

Nothing new there, 25 years ago it was just like that in parts of Birmingham. Have seen lone PC's duck away sensibly into shops.

Sadly now maybe has morphed into part of the parliamentary routine to keep the populace scared?

Edited by old man

On 16/09/2023 at 12:21, Fargo said:

It’s more of an ethnic thing now. Used to be crack heads stealing to find their habits but now it’s a “norm” for a few types of people

It's all a drag over from what is happening in the States; same demographic.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Edited by Penelope

1 hour ago, amateur said:

Ooh! You mustn't call 'em monkeys!

I wasn't. I was used an old term for copy catting, for that is what it is.

All tied in to BLM, reparations, the Democrats failure on law an order (intentional)-(over here, too). They see that on ####, Insta or whatever and think, Ýeah, bruv, I can do dat, innit'!

I know your comment is tongue in cheek 🙂