Russell Brand

Vince Green

1 hour ago, Wymondley said:

I must admit that having no TV I've only read what was in the online news, and I only skimmed through that so maybe I don't know all that's been alleged.

I always thought he was an odious little twerp, however...

I just can't get my head around why people make accusations years after the event, if it was so terrible why not speak up at the time?

They did by the sound of it and no action was taken.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the ones who have replied to this thread I can't see anybody who liked the man , I don't like him either but on the box last last night it stated he got a standing ovation after one of his last gigs , so it seem a lot of people do like him , so are we the majority or the minority ?                        

6 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

The new cash convertors    £££ in TV fees and compensation

So Brand and his accusers get (a), in his case publicity (and he has never been to particular as to whether it is good or bad), and in (b) his accusers cases compensation (i.e. money).

Who pays - the good old license payer?

Given what was about to be broadcast on TV, I have to assume that those who turned up for his show thought he was wonderful and a standing ovation was hardly a shock. An audience of people who are not his fans would have been more interesting.

In these cases, people question (as do I) why the matters were not reported to the Police at the time. We are invariably told that they were reported, but not acted upon. It is almost impossible to know just who is lying.

1 minute ago, marsh man said:

it seem a lot of people do like him , so are we the majority or the minority ?

He has a (probably quite small), but very devoted following.  He is/was a very 'hard left' Corbyn supporter - but apparently is now an "alt right" conspiracy theorist.

3 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

It is almost impossible to know just who is lying

I suspect both sides have form there

8 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

He has a (probably quite small), but very devoted following.  He is/was a very 'hard left' Corbyn supporter - but apparently is now an "alt right" conspiracy theorist.

I suspect both sides have form there

He has 6.6 million followers on you tube and 3.8 million on instagram.

Just now, welsh1 said:

He has 6.6 million followers on you tube and 3.8 million on instagram.

I guess that is not so small then.  I actually have no idea (in an international cyberspace) if that is `big, huge or enormous'.

I have never heard anyone I know saying that they found him funny, and most (like me) find him repellent, but maybe that says more about my circle of friends!

It was reported that his place on tv gave him opportunity to practise his ‘predatory’ inclinations.
I wonder how much of a predator he had to be when women literally pursued him? 
Rod Stewart, Marc Bolam, Tom Jones, Englebert Humperdinck, Elvis Presley and hundreds more. Predators or just taking advantage of what was ( literally ) on offer? 

I never liked him and didn’t think he was funny at all, until I was persuaded to go to one of his gigs. Came out of the gig with my mind completely changed. Superb live act, very intelligent and most of all very, very funny.

If he is guilty of the accusations, then the book should be thrown at him. However trial by the media is wrong and I suspect it is being done because he has spoken out against the woke brigade, the covid scam, WEF and a whole raft of other things that go against the MSM but are mostly true.  If there are accusations to be answered, it should be done through the police and the courts.

35 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Out of the ones who have replied to this thread I can't see anybody who liked the man , I don't like him either but on the box last last night it stated he got a standing ovation after one of his last gigs , so it seem a lot of people do like him , so are we the majority or the minority ?                        

I must admit I do like him, always found him genuinely funny and he is undoubtedly a clever guy. It seems unfortunate that he has put his drug taking, womanising ways behind him and settled down with wife a kids and all this comes to light. As another poster mentioned nobody complained at the time and they would have been aware of his reputation.

Think I’ll reserve judgement until he has his day in court.

1 hour ago, MrPhantom said:

I must admit I do like him, always found him genuinely funny and he is undoubtedly a clever guy. It seems unfortunate that he has put his drug taking, womanising ways behind him and settled down with wife a kids and all this comes to light. As another poster mentioned nobody complained at the time and they would have been aware of his reputation.

Think I’ll reserve judgement until he has his day in court.

Do you really reckon it will get to court?

5 hours ago, London Best said:

I always thought that if I was ever in his company it would not be long before I thumped him.

Yes me too!

5 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I never liked him ...... but I could say that for several 'new style' comedians/entertainers.  However after what he (and Jonathan Ross) did to Andrew Sachs (Manuel in Fawlty Towers), I won't watch him (or Ross) ever again.  To do that to an old man in the early stages of dementia as a 'prank' to make money was below despicable.  No one in respectable entertainment should ever have booked either of them after that.

As to the present allegations, I think it has been an open secret (and one over which he has boasted frequently) that he has 'bedded' a great many - and that some now claim they were 'unwilling partners' doesn't come as a great surprise.

One good thing may be that we never see him on our screens again, but if actually guilty of any criminal act (such as rape), he should be treated according to the law of the land.

Yes that was absolutely unforgiveable!

2 hours ago, Humblepie said:

I never liked him and didn’t think he was funny at all, until I was persuaded to go to one of his gigs. Came out of the gig with my mind completely changed. Superb live act, very intelligent and most of all very, very funny.

If he is guilty of the accusations, then the book should be thrown at him. However trial by the media is wrong and I suspect it is being done because he has spoken out against the woke brigade, the covid scam, WEF and a whole raft of other things that go against the MSM but are mostly true.  If there are accusations to be answered, it should be done through the police and the courts.

Of course this is I belive about his popularity  on youtube. His outspoken views. On the subjects. You have. Mention.  I have watched the odd  videos. He has done. , and some do make sense  to me. .

They never seemed to bother with him before. He started his youtube views. .

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Given what was about to be broadcast on TV, I have to assume that those who turned up for his show thought he was wonderful and a standing ovation was hardly a shock. An audience of people who are not his fans would have been more interesting.

In these cases, people question (as do I) why the matters were not reported to the Police at the time. We are invariably told that they were reported, but not acted upon. It is almost impossible to know just who is lying.

At least one was reported the next morning. The victim went to a rape centre and it was all documented. 

But like Savile before him the victims were up against the production companies and their lawyers. 

18 hours ago, Scully said:

It was reported that his place on tv gave him opportunity to practise his ‘predatory’ inclinations.
I wonder how much of a predator he had to be when women literally pursued him? 
Rod Stewart, Marc Bolam, Tom Jones, Englebert Humperdinck, Elvis Presley and hundreds more. Predators or just taking advantage of what was ( literally ) on offer? 

Exactly.

16 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes that was absolutely unforgiveable!

Agreed.....

But, Ill give my probably unpopular take on the latest allegations.
First of all , I do believe this is a smear campaign, Brand has become rather popular on his Youtube channel, a channel that regularly attacks the mainstream media, politicians and the like.
His pieces on Ukraine for instance, have been hard hitting, and are backed up with evidence, so he has to be 'stopped' or 'cancelled' as its known these days, he knew it was coming, and its fair to say , one way to do this is using the Metoo style of accusing someone of completely unprovable and often anonymous sex crimes.
Not one of these women have gone to the police, now or then.

This kind of media assassination is very common these days , when social media can quickly spread this type of gossip, and claims that will NEVER be heard in court, but the subjects reputation will be forever tarnished because of it.

For the record, and Ive stated this before, as a person , I dont like Brand as a person, even his new 'mellow' persona comes across as arrogant.
However, this does not mean that he doesnt tell the truth as he sees it.
The truth that some in power find highly embarrassing.

There are plenty of people on social media , who now refer to him as a nonce, due to his relationship with a 16 year old girl when he was 31, as unsavoury as that might sound , this was a 6 month consensual relationship within the law, but mud sticks.
Brand has 'had' a lot of women, yet Channel 4 managed to find a handful of them who would 'testify' anonymously that hes a 'wrong un' and various other 5 minutes of fame grabbers will say on camera that they had 'heard' he was a predatory sex pest, one of them was literally wheeled out on stage, a 'celebrity' comedian (who Ive never heard of ) Daniel Sloss>
Now Daniel had evidence because he 'heard' Brand was a bad man from some women he knew....
And to back up his claims , he knows about these things because he had a friend who was raped, and he beats himself up about it because didnt prevent it happening ?
He was also groomed 'online' 20 years ago, when if you had internet , it was a dial up connection, there were no smart phones, and social media didnt exist until 5 years later, but hey , if he says he was groomed online , it must have happened right ?
He also uses these fascinating stories in his comedy stage routine.

The Metoo movement is a powerful tool to remove those who speak out, or drift from the MSM storyline.
Theres a long list of victims, some deserving , some not so deserving.
Whether Brand has done wrong or not , it should be determind by factual evidence, not a media kangeroo court, who have little morality anyway.
Lets just be aware of that.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Whether Brand has done wrong or not , it should be determind by factual evidence, not a media kangeroo court, who have little morality anyway.
Lets just be aware of that.

I agree that it should be a police matter to investigate accusations and IF they find a genuine case to prosecute - a court matter to decide guilt.

I find it hard to believe that multiple 'accusers' are all making it up ......... especially given his 'reputation'.

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

whatever the "truth" is he and his carreer are toast................

Which is the general idea.
Youtube are yet to cancel his channel,  that is his main mouthpiece, and likely best earner.

But as much as we dont 'like' him , is it right to destroy someones life on the basis of an accusation, that may have no substance ?
If it is , then literally anyone can be taken down if the powers that be , dont like what you are saying ?

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I find it hard to believe that multiple 'accusers' are all making it up ......... especially given his 'reputation'.

Multiple accusers who have all congregated around a certain media channels hatred of anything 'alt right'
Who have all made public statements that may well attract legal action, no doubt with promises that they will be protected , legally and identity wise.
And quite possibly paid for their 'contributions'

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree that it should be a police matter to investigate accusations and IF they find a genuine case to prosecute - a court matter to decide guilt.

Bit late now though isnt it , the people who blindly follow MSM have already decided hes guilty?

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Multiple accusers who have all congregated around a certain media channels hatred of anything 'alt right'
Who have all made public statements that may well attract legal action, no doubt with promises that they will be protected , legally and identity wise.
And quite possibly paid for their 'contributions'

Bit late now though isnt it , the people who blindly follow MSM have already decided hes guilty?

IF it ever comes to court, they (the accusers) will have to give evidence on oath ........ and risk perjury if not true.

Saville (allegedly) got away with his crimes for so long because he thought that no one would dare stand up against him ......... maybe Brand is following similar lines?

It is up to the police/CPS to see if there are charges to be brought.  Maybe they will find nothing?