Channel migrants

12gauge82

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

What utter nonsense, we have a huge number of friends across the globe and a similarity in trade and systems thanks to our old commonwealth, while the EU economy shrinks, many in the rest of the world is expanding, the EU need us more than we need them! Case in point Australia did it and they are doing fine, I remember the babies being hung off the side of boats by migrants demanding to be let in or they'd throw them off.

I guess we have friends in Rwanda. The Tories have friends in Russia. A friend in need is a friend indeed 🤣 How are they helping?

We have very different geography from Australia. I would like to think our standards are far higher. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Rewulf said:

As much as Id like to see radical change to the way we are 'governed' in the UK , it just isnt going to happen.

You could replace the tories with a party like Reform, give them an 80- seat majority, and you would still have the whole rotten wokey civil service to contend with, lefty councils wasting money on an industrial level, and the labour dominated unions, hell bent on bringing down transport, education and the NHS.

The rot is that far ingrained into British society now, we are probably an incurable case, destined for a major collapse.
The time will come , within our lifetimes, when there will be more people leaching from the social state, than those who are actively contributing into it.
The system is barely sustainable now, and will continue to get worse, until we reach a critical mass, leading to meltdown, and those who rely on state money, will simply stop receiving it, as there will be no more money left.

All it takes is a major recession, a natural disaster , maybe another pandemic, to usher this in faster, but sheer weight of numbers will do it eventually anyway.

Sadly succinct?

6 minutes ago, old man said:

Sadly succinct?

3 hours ago, oowee said:

I guess we have friends in Rwanda. The Tories have friends in Russia. A friend in need is a friend indeed 🤣 How are they helping?

We have very different geography from Australia. I would like to think our standards are far higher. 

Sadly not, maybe we exported all of the common sense along with the convicts?

We are being destroyed from within? Noted that along with a lack of a constitution there doesn't seem to be a specific crime to protect the masses from the ruling class, I wonder why?

Willing to be proved wrong of course?

4 hours ago, oowee said:

What's our geography got to do with sending migrants back?

It could be done, very easily, very cheaply and it would be very effective. The reason we don't is because our spineless political system are more concerned about their image, than doing what's right.

51 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

It could be done, very easily, very cheaply and it would be very effective. The reason we don't is because our spineless political system are more concerned about their image, than doing what's right.

And apparently, completely legal under current international law.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Just saying ,if the French can't see them leaving . Then surely they can't see them arriving back .....simples 

9 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Histroy would probably agree with you, although I still believe it worth trying a different vote, what have we got to loose.

Agreed👍

6 hours ago, oowee said:

We cannot blame France for problems of our making

That doesn't make sense. 

If France didn't just let them walk in, reside there undocumented, and assist them in getting to the UK, then we wouldn't have a problem at all, France/the EU is deliberately aiding the economic and social  damage being done to us, and we are paying them for it 😂

If the roles were reversed, our gallic cousins would put up the barricades, and would send them straight back. 

Of that I have NO doubt. 

49 minutes ago, steve1066 said:

Good point, but I think the French put extra guards on to make sure none can return😜

It really doesn't matter, we have a right as a country to control who crosses our borders, we simply intercept anyone crossing, confiscate their boat and drop them straight back onto a French beach, whether the french like it or not, we are simply returning their people from where they came from.

The french would call us all sorts, but ultimately what could they do, absolutely nothing.

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

It really doesn't matter, we have a right as a country to control who crosses our borders, we simply intercept anyone crossing, confiscate their boat and drop them straight back onto a French beach, whether the french like it or not, we are simply returning their people from where they came from.

The french would call us all sorts, but ultimately what could they do, absolutely nothing.

It wont happen there are to many people making lots of money from these migrants , human rights layers , hotel chains , politicians getting back handers from building companies that are turning disused airfields into accommodation camps !

the list is endless and none of them want to stop the gravy train !

1 hour ago, derbyduck said:

It wont happen there are to many people making lots of money from these migrants , human rights layers , hotel chains , politicians getting back handers from building companies that are turning disused airfields into accommodation camps !

Spot on.

8 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Oh yes they could, it would be a violation of international law and they would not hesitate to protest to United Nations etc. Just because they are like that.

the French are clever enough not to document the migrants in any way so there is no way we can demonstrate they came from France 

That's why we need Rwanda

Edited by Vince Green

57 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Oh yes they could, it would be a violation of international law and they would not hesitate to protest to United Nations etc. Just because they are like that.

the French are clever enough not to document the migrants in any way so there is no way we can demonstrate they came from France 

So what, ultimately it would result in hurty words and nothing more.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

So by your logic , if they haven't  documented. Them , they can't  prove they did not come from France 

8 hours ago, johnphilip said:

So by your logic , if they haven't  documented. Them , they can't  prove they did not come from France 

That's what happens and it appears to be their official policy. The migrants cannot be returned to the safe country from which they came.

Anyway, whatever the arguments, France won't let us return them

I don't normally post on this type of thread as it is useless but i will say this the Rwanda farce is the biggest crock of 💩 going and we are paying £millions for it 

I was watching politics live the other afternoon and there was a tory minister and a labour minister arguing about the boat crossings  and the tory more or less said that the Rwanda scheme was not a solution but as a deterrent and it's like the labour minister said 64 migrants have died since 2018 now if death is not a deterrent to these people then the chances of being 1 in 100 thousand to be picked to go to Rwanda 

As i am writing this i see a boat has sunk in the med crossing to Italy 41 migrants die in shipwreck off Italy's Lampedusa island   The Rwanda policy will not stop them 

Edited by Rim Fire

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

That's what happens and it appears to be their official policy. The migrants cannot be returned to the safe country from which they came.

Anyway, whatever the arguments, France won't let us return them

And how are they going to stop us? we simply intercept the migrants, put them on a boat, or a hovercraft if necessary and land them straight back onto a French beach of our choosing.

In his meeting with the Italian and Albanian Heads of State Sunak is saying that we are in danger of being overwhelmed by illegal immigrants which will soon destroy our culture and that much of it is being supported by hostile states keen on destabilising the West.
It has taken him a long time to wake up.
But, sadly, I fear they are words which will not be followed by actions.

17 hours ago, derbyduck said:

You forgot to mention they're a source of recruitment for criminal gangs.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

And how are they going to stop us? we simply intercept the migrants, put them on a boat, or a hovercraft if necessary and land them straight back onto a French beach of our choosing.

As much as I agree with sending them back to France, what happens when they wont get off the boat and it all gets physical and someone dies?

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Funny how this awakening, just happens to coincide with a looming election.

Indeed, too little too late though.

23 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

You forgot to mention they're a source of recruitment for criminal gangs.

As much as I agree with sending them back to France, what happens when they wont get off the boat and it all gets physical and someone dies?

Indeed, too little too late though.

Exactly the same as when we deport them currently, or put someone in prison who doesn't want to go, we forcibly put them there.