Going home for Christmas

ditchman

23 minutes ago, Sweet11-87 said:

all articles i can find just lead back to LBC and LBC is and has always been paper thin journalism. no statistics, no numbers doesn't even mention the country or what type of migrants they are. id wager the story is actually  "Christmas sees an influx in economic migrants returning home to see families"

Yep, as I said, Eastern Europeans, economic migrants who have passports.

LBC link...https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/migrants-applying-for-asylum-are-going-home-for-christmas/

Edited by old'un

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

pin you ears back on this one.....................this is true NOT FAKE NEWS

"many of asylum seekers in the UK are flying home for the festive season"

im just TOTALLY SPEECHLESS

Think your age has got you totally confused. I will give you a brief, 1st April is when stupid stories abound, hence the name all fools day. As it is the festive season when one celebrates the birth of Christ , it is a bit away from April. If you need any help please phone the Nurfuk Age Dementia Society ( NADS ). Hope this helps. Merry All fools day.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

pin you ears back on this one.....................this is true NOT FAKE NEWS

"many of asylum seekers in the UK are flying home for the festive season"

im just TOTALLY SPEECHLESS

BUT it is though…

They are not asylum seekers, TOTALLY SPEECHLESS that you cannot tell the difference between a legal migrant who ( sadly,but necessarily ) has freedom of movement and an asylum seeker.

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

I think this is what Ditchy was on about if they are asylum seekers fleeing from persecution how can they go back for the holls  

Nana has got them weighed up saying why did they come on a boat when they have a passport 🤔  is it the free hotel, food, benefits etc 

I don't know what the answer is to stopping them but it just winds most folk up.

4 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Nana has got them weighed up saying why did they come on a boat when they have a passport 🤔  is it the free hotel, food, benefits etc 

I don't know what the answer is to stopping them but it just winds most folk up.

Certainly the golden giveaway?

10 hours ago, Bigbob said:

How can they go home if they dont have a passport , it was reported that a passport and any form of id was the first thing they throw off the boats before they land 

Maybe if they have been processed and been here for a couple of years they qualify for a passport as a british  citizen