Tea

frankydiver

1 hour ago, frankydiver said:

Just seen on news that tea supplies are a bit tight due to the Red Sea crisis.I bet there isn’t a tea bag on the shelves in two hours 

Oh my Lord! Yes I fear that will be so. Problem for me is I've no room as I am rammed jam packed still with hoarded bog rolls. 

9 minutes ago, RCB56 said:

You can't beat a pint pot of strong Yorkshire tea even though I've never seen a tea plantation up in Yorkshire.

Yorkshire tea! I had three clients that made Yorkshire tea. I told them that was the best place for it to stay. Yorkshire. Awful stuff!

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

When the Mrs broke her shoulder i went shopping in bulk To Bookers warehouse 1400 teabags something like £16 only just finished them over a year later 

I was meant to go last Sat but went shooting instead, and i have just emptied the last few of the 1400 Yorkshire Tea bags into the smaller tin. I'm going to be in the cart if we run out now. 

Edited by Dougy

I ship several hundred containers a year of commodities from & to various destinations. Used to be many thousands, but I'm semi retired.

As an example, Taiwan to London through Red Sea is 11400 Nautical miles. Taiwan to London via Cape / Durban is 12200. Container vessel 20knots/ hour = 40 hours more. Transit & queueing time Suez 2 days. Longer route is faster. Shipping lines all BS to raise rates (again).

PS. Yorksire tea is dire.

Edited by Eyefor

9 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Here's my 2p worth about Yorkshire tea. Why save time and not just empty them straight into the lavatory bowl (rather than drink them) and cut out the middleman?

You could say that about most things that goes into your mouth, Beer, Venison Burgers, a nice slice of steak. 

I dont mind it, but what i do detest is bloody smelly perfume tea earl grey, lemon tea whats that all about ???

I drink Rooibos (Red Bush) tea. It only grows somewhere just North of Cape Town. Very refreshing and naturally caffeine free. Not for everybody, but I like it.....a lot. 
There is nowt wrong wi’ Yorkshire tea. Or any other tea I have ever tasted yet. I’m English. Englishmen drink tea. **** and ***** drink coffee.

18 minutes ago, Dougy said:

You could say that about most things that goes into your mouth, Beer, Venison Burgers, a nice slice of steak. 

I dont mind it, but what i do detest is bloody smelly perfume tea earl grey, lemon tea whats that all about

think earl grey tea tastes and smells of rotton smokey bacon...........rum stuff boi

17 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Ok you just lot just take it steady Yorkshire tea brewed to the point where you can stand a spoon up in it !

As for the loo water that goes in to brew the beer !

yes born and bread it Yorkshire 

Agriv8

Born and bred in Yorkshire?

Ay, then, tha should kna that tha mashes tea.

23 hours ago, mellors said:

Just read it i didn't know tetley was owned by the TATA group. 

Was talking to a farmers wife yesterday and it came up in conversation and she told me the same that TATA had something to do with Tetley i was very surprised