Norfolk Police Are Using Buses To Catch Drivers With No Seat Belts Or Using The Phone.

marsh man

Norfolk police are using local buses to catch drivers who are not wearing seat belts or are on a mobile , they then relay the driver to there colleagues and then are stopped a short while later , on the first day they detected 39 drivers who were breaking the law . Whatever next ?       MM

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, marsh man said:

Norfolk police are using local buses to catch drivers who are not wearing seat belts or are on a mobile , they then relay the driver to there colleagues and then are stopped a short while later , on the first day they detected 39 drivers who were breaking the law . Whatever next ?       MM

Well it appears to work if they caught 39 on the first day.

Just now, Weihrauch17 said:

Policing is no longer about solving crime, just making money from petty offences.  

thats about it............................degree qualified waisters

4 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Policing is no longer about solving crime, just making money from petty offences.  

I think somebody that has had someone injured or killed by a driver using a mobile phone may not judge it a petty offence 

I am all in favour in using any method to cut down on motorist who are breaking the law , they are now saying that there are more caught being over the limit with drugs than drink and most of them who are caught have got no insurance , certainly a lot of them about .   MM

10 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

But how long has the seat belt or the mobile phone one been law and folk are still ignoring them 

Great idea. Whatever next? Why not reward people that can dob in some one not wearing a seat belt or using a mobile phone. Insurance being made void (other than 3rd party) if your found to have committed these offences. 

Good for the police, having a large tipper wagon driving towards you on your side of the road and you see the driver got his head stuck in his phone texting any fine is not enough. I was lucky he'd finished his message and looked up in time. 

As for solving other crimes, i agree they should be doing allot more to solve crime.

Many forces are solving 0% of burglaries, truly pathetic because they don't even attempt to.  They seem consumed by misgendering and Motoring offences. I got the head lights ripped out of my Discovery 2 parked outside my house, the Police response was you should be more careful where you park.  Didn't attend to take finger prints and cost me £500 for the excess.  I live in a decent area.

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Many forces are solving 0% of burglaries, truly pathetic because they don't even attempt to.  They seem consumed by misgendering and Motoring offences. I got the head lights ripped out of my Discovery 2 parked outside my house, the Police response was you should be more careful where you park.  Didn't attend to take finger prints and cost me £500 for the excess.  I live in a decent area.

What forces are at 0 percent? 

5 minutes ago, ph5172 said:

I can’t read the whole lot due to a paywall but it appears to say in half of neighbourhoods not forces. 

No it says the Police solve 0% of burglaries in half the country. As an aside what on earth is the difference, the Police have stopped Policing.

image.gif

Edited by Weihrauch17

They use tractor units loaded with cameras on most of the motorways now, so they can see clearly into other tractor units. They then radio ahead to motorway police to pull them over, apparently they fine a lot of foreign drivers for watching videos etc on there i pads and smart phones. I've delivered a few of these trucks and they can move pretty quick (or so i've been told 😀).

S

8 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

No it says the Police solve 0% of burglaries in half the country. As an aside what on earth is the difference, the Police have stopped Policing.

image.gif

I agree the headline states that but in the leading paragraph it states in half of neighbourhoods. 

a quick look states 

In the worst-performing force, Hertfordshire, just one in 50 (2.2 per cent) burglaries resulted in a charge last year compared with 9.6 per cent in the best, South Wales. 

so the worse performing force has solved 2.2 percent and they are the worse implying the others have performed ‘better so I can’t quite see where the 0 percent comes from?

there are 43 forces in the uk so 22 forces have failed to solve a single burglary in 3 years according to the headline?

3 hours ago, Genghis said:

Texting/scrolling the internet while driving is a much more dangerous offence than driving 5 mph over the limit. I dislike overreaching police officers as much as the next man, but I have no issue with this.

I'd agree with this, it does my head in the way motorists are targeted because its easy,  police on motorway bridges is a definite peve of mine, average speed cameras are there to issue fines, but there's no need for folk to be on their phone when driving,  it's dangerous simple as that.

16 minutes ago, ph5172 said:

I agree the headline states that but in the leading paragraph it states in half of neighbourhoods. 

a quick look states 

In the worst-performing force, Hertfordshire, just one in 50 (2.2 per cent) burglaries resulted in a charge last year compared with 9.6 per cent in the best, South Wales. 

so the worse performing force has solved 2.2 percent and they are the worse implying the others have performed ‘better so I can’t quite see where the 0 percent comes from?

there are 43 forces in the uk so 22 forces have failed to solve a single burglary in 3 years according to the headline?

I don't get your point, the Police have stopped Policing whatever the miniscule % they investigate but don't solve.

Policing does seem to have moved from enforcing the law and actually investigating crimes, to selectively enforcing some laws whilst totaling ignoring others.

Protests demos, stop oil etc, seem to be above the law whereas motorists get the full weight.

I applaud them taking this particular action. It is effective and catches law breakers. I just wish they would use the same zeal in the rest of their duties.

That said, it isn't the lower ranks who decide priorities. I make no apology for saying "Where is the new James Anderton"? The country is crying out for you.