Dave-G

I watched some of his State of the union address this morning. Apart from a few very minor stumbles he was quite lucid and confident in his lengthy rousing statements and didn't seem to be reading an autocue. Maybe he's got a bit of health recovery going on.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so Biden was able to make a speech,stringing most of his words together "lucidly" and without falling over and because of this all is well with the senile old goat that is the leader of the free world.

this is the same man that,only a month since,the yanks said that they wouldn't make face a court because of his declining mental state🙄🙄🙄

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes it was far better delivered than I had expected it to be.   :good:

Unfortunately America will still end up with a FOSSIL in charge whoever gets the votes.   

Must of really upped his dose.

26 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Must of really upped his dose.

My thoughts exactly , I reckon if they can prep him, right levels of uppers into him, he actually can string a couple of sentences together,  but without that level of prep, you know it's going to be a car crash.

When his record of coherent speeches runs at about 50 % , you have to ask yourself what the dems were thinking.

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

My thoughts exactly , I reckon if they can prep him, right levels of uppers into him, he actually can string a couple of sentences together,  but without that level of prep, you know it's going to be a car crash.

When his record of coherent speeches runs at about 50 % , you have to ask yourself what the dems were thinking.

I heard some of the speech and thought at the time he sounded slightly intoxicated, or as if he'd recently had a dental anaesthesia where a 'numb tongue' gives you slightly slurred speech.

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

Two very strange and unfit to run candidates to battle for the big seat. Scary really. Both to be fair struggle to string a sentence together..

Yes, I think both are as bad as each other.

53 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, why do USA citizens think an 81 year old man is an ideal president , even trump is 77, is there no good candidates younger and more capable 🤔

it's votes that count in a democratic society.

in this case, unfortunately.

I'd rather have the Donald than sleepy Joe though👍

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

54 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The obvious answer, can't be anything else.

As for the Dems, who knows? The left are insane, for sure, but surely they can see it???

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I heard some of the speech and thought at the time he sounded slightly intoxicated, or as if he'd recently had a dental anaesthesia where a 'numb tongue' gives you slightly slurred speech.

Thats probably the cocaine :lol:

Always beats me how he reads any teleprompts when his eyes are shut...
I reckon half the time theres someone telling him what to say through an ear piece.

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

As for the Dems, who knows? The left are insane, for sure, but surely they can see it???

It certainly makes you wonder.

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

but surely they can see it???

I think the Dems are finally starting to 'get' it, now even CNN or MSNBC are reporting on his cognitive issues.  Trouble is, who do they replace him with? 

• Hillary? - Nope electoral kryptonite
  • Kamala - Even worse
  • Newsom -A lot of Dems outside the Republic of California think he's too much
  • Michelle Obama - A step too far even for political-dynasty loving US, surely?  Also has zero experience in elected office.

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

• Michelle Obama - A step too far even for political-dynasty loving US, surely?  Also has zero experience in elected office.

Could be their first fem….

oh - hang on!!😂🤣😂

19 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, why do USA citizens think an 81 year old man is an ideal president , even trump is 77, is there no good candidates younger and more capable 🤔

Well, the Trump years were the best I have seen in my lifetime. I was homeless living in a camper under Obama.  No work to be had.  First time I have ever had to turn down work was under Trump.  I am not good with money,  I didn’t finish school but I ended up with a uncomfortable amount of money in my checking account because I kept increasing my prices because I had so much work I couldn’t keep up. I couldn’t invest or spend it quick enough. Bought a farm in the mountains, a place at the beach, 9 acre estates in the city.  Stocks galore.  Now under Biden things are slowing down.  I haven’t had a side gig for a while.  My 9-5 is talking about layoffs.  Luckily all my properties are paid off and I have zero  debt.  My wife and I were talking the other day how wild of a ride it was the last few years.  

16 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I think the Dems are finally starting to 'get' it, now even CNN or MSNBC are reporting on his cognitive issues.  Trouble is, who do they replace him with? 

• Hillary? - Nope electoral kryptonite
  • Kamala - Even worse
  • Newsom -A lot of Dems outside the Republic of California think he's too much

I was born and raised Democrat, but my whole family are on the Trump Train.  Kennedy was the only person that could defeat Trump legitimately. 

4 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Well, the Trump years were the best I have seen in my lifetime. I was homeless living in a camper under Obama.  No work to be had.  First time I have ever had to turn down work was under Trump.  I am not good with money,  I didn’t finish school but I ended up with a uncomfortable amount of money in my checking account because I kept increasing my prices because I had so much work I couldn’t keep up. I couldn’t invest or spend it quick enough. Bought a farm in the mountains, a place at the beach, 9 acre estates in the city.  Stocks galore.  Now under Biden things are slowing down.  I haven’t had a side gig for a while.  My 9-5 is talking about layoffs.  Luckily all my properties are paid off and I have zero  debt.  My wife and I were talking the other day how wild of a ride it was the last few years.  

I was born and raised Democrat, but my whole family are on the Trump Train.  Kennedy was the only person that could defeat Trump legitimately. 

Hello, From your posts it looks like your years of hard work payed off so well done, we can only dream of such things in UK , keep on posting👍

On 08/03/2024 at 07:26, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes it was far better delivered than I had expected it to be.   :good:

Unfortunately America will still end up with a FOSSIL in charge whoever gets the votes.   

he is now A.I. generated....:lol:

37 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, From your posts it looks like your years of hard work payed off so well done, we can only dream of such things in UK , keep on posting👍

Sadly you seem absolutely correct?

Two different cultures?

America, land of the free (including it's problems?) where freedom largely, is sought and admired and has space to be achieved?

Here, land of the repressed, where every opportunity seems to be taken to remove freedom and restrict all things where ever possible to ensure the compliance of the population through mainly economic means due to a looming lack of space? Difficult to decide sometimes how this is achieved through either idiocy or compulsion?

5 hours ago, old man said:

Sadly you seem absolutely correct?

Two different cultures?

America, land of the free (including it's problems?) where freedom largely, is sought and admired and has space to be achieved?

Here, land of the repressed, where every opportunity seems to be taken to remove freedom and restrict all things where ever possible to ensure the compliance of the population through mainly economic means due to a looming lack of space? Difficult to decide sometimes how this is achieved through either idiocy or compulsion?

Good post.

It certainly feels like the entire structure of the UK is currently very, very broken and with either the Conservatives or Labour in charge, I see no light at the end of the tunnel to change any of that.

16 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Good post.

It certainly feels like the entire structure of the UK is currently very, very broken and with either the Conservatives or Labour in charge, I see no light at the end of the tunnel to change any of that.

Mm  in general conversation it's now difficult to find any optimism for the future at election time?

Mostly the default scenario now is to try to vote for the mob who may do your personal circumstances the least damage?

As they all seem to be programmed to lie there's not much enthusiasm left for the ballot box?

On 08/03/2024 at 07:47, ShootingEgg said:

Two very strange and unfit to run candidates to battle for the big seat. Scary really. Both to be fair struggle to string a sentence together..

This. 

On 09/03/2024 at 04:47, NoBodyImportant said:

The US economy is currently posting record performances. Trump's support for Putin his fawning over Orban, and his misogyny would rule him out for me, regardless of his politics. Add in his desire to move the US to a dictatorship and it's clear that much of the US population is easily led, unless of course they see China as a model for the future. 

1 hour ago, discobob said:

Perhaps, in Trump’s time money did flow down to people, whereas now it is staying at the top and not making it to the everyday people over there?

That was a topic here last week, a guy with a son over the pond confirmed it. He had record earnings.

• welsh1 locked this topic