Hainault, armed police ?

islandgun

the govt want control/security............but they are too woke and frightened of the back lash of someone being shot....and when someone is shot (protecting the people) they are the ones that get the flack and blame and treated as murderers.....no wonder many officers carrying firearms are handing their certificates back in

when i was young ..the police were like Judge Dredd.....they were the law....and whenthey wandered around the village they put the fear of god into you even if you wernt doing anything wrong

Edited by ditchman

29 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Looking at the video made me wonder, that if it had been anywhere else in the world he would have been shot at the first opportunity. there is no question of his guilt. It would have saved court cost's and the inevitable long prison sentence. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68927702..

I agree, put lives at risk and long term will cost the Tax payer millions.

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Looking at the video made me wonder, that if it had been anywhere else in the world he would have been shot at the first opportunity. there is no question of his guilt. It would have saved court cost's and the inevitable long prison sentence. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68927702..

:good:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

the govt want control/security............but they are too woke and frightened of the back lash of someone being shot....and when someone is shot (protecting the people) they are the ones that get the flack and blame and treated as murderers.....no wonder many officers carrying firearms are handing their certificates back in

when i was young ..the police were like Judge Dredd.....they were the law....and whenthey wandered around the village they put the fear of god into you even if you wernt doing anything wrong

:good:

It’s not fair to ask the Police to put their lives at risk to tackle a guy with a samurai sword armed only with tasers. It all needs sorting out the Police needs guns and the authority to use them without redress in this type of situation.

26 minutes ago, chesterse said:

...... the Police needs guns and the authority to use them without redress in this type of situation.

Neither my daughter nor son-in-law, both serving police officers, would carry guns, and indeed, would resign if required to do so.

My daughter won't even carry a taser.

28 minutes ago, chesterse said:

It’s not fair to ask the Police to put their lives at risk to tackle a guy with a samurai sword armed only with tasers. It all needs sorting out the Police needs guns and the authority to use them without redress in this type of situation.

this isn't my view, it's the view of the brother of an ex girlfriend who was ex RM and was an active S, Yorkshire AR cop and firearms instructor.

"unless the cop is ex forces,they are not worth a w*** and only want to use the gun issued as a **** extension"

"I wouldn't trust any of 'em with a spud gun"

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

The argument to arm all police crops up time and time again, to be honest some of the police i have worked with in the past and know now i wouldn't trust with a water pistol.
The system we have on the whole works well, incidents like this one are rare.

And i remember my little brother getting drunk at 16 (who didn't) picked up and thrown in the cells only to be given a good kicking by the local police Sgt bully, who left my brother black and blue,we may think the old days were good, but there were many fit up and confessions given after a good kicking that later cost the public lots of money.

Many years later my brother who grew up and filled out met the retired bully (thrown out of the force) on a night out, lets just say the bully started on my Brother, he wished he hadn't.Karma.

45 minutes ago, amateur said:

Neither my daughter nor son-in-law, both serving police officers, would carry guns, and indeed, would resign if required to do so.

I'm surprised at the taser, the way things have gone over recent years there's a good chance most copers are going to come across some lunatic high or drunk.

I've haven't looked into this latest incident,  but I was shocked the bloke wasn't shot being in London. 

10 minutes ago, Mice! said:

.... I've haven't looked into this latest incident,  but I was shocked the bloke wasn't shot being in London. 

It appears that he was tasered by a regular response team before the ARV arrived.

18 minutes ago, amateur said:

It appears that he was tasered by a regular response team before the ARV arrived.

AND it took 'em 3 shots as the first 2 missed🙄🙄🙄

imagine the misses being Sig/Glock 9mm or  .40 rounds hurtling through your kitchen window😮

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

2 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

AND it took 'em 3 shots as the first 2 missed🙄🙄🙄

imagine the misses being Sig/Glock 9mm or  .40 rounds hurtling through your kitchen window😮

Tasers are only good if you are standing still..... You know like Joe public standing off an officer... If some one is moving fast with a sword, tasers are not effective

That's the same with a fire arm though .it's so fast to close a distance and make an significant  strike with a knife .often faster than a man with a gun can react and get off an accurate/effective shot .you see it in America  armed officers running backwards away from an advancing knife man at the same time  Trying to get a shot off .

A tazer actually stops a person faster than a bullet .and is actually  the better more effective  tool .certainly safer for all involved  . 

We all mock the police but who would want to carry a gun for the same money and risk prison.

WE ALL NEED TO SURPORT THE POLICE  and back them up that is why so many are  leaving the Met leave canceled to go to a riot that does not concern us.

Then they get the back lash by the we must not do that groups . 

Let them return home to fight for there country will they No  

Edited by bottletopbill

This type of crime is now getting a everyday event and no one have mentioned the young lad who got up yesterday morning like any other day who left his house to go to school and is never going to return home , same as the people he injured and the police lady who had major surgery to try and join her arm back together , what on earth is going on ?      MM

Just now, marsh man said:

This type of crime is now getting a everyday event and no one have mentioned the young lad who got up yesterday morning like any other day who left his house to go to school and is never going to return home , same as the people he injured and the police lady who had major surgery to try and join her arm back together , what on earth is going on ?      MM

Exactly! I’d sooner trust a cop with a gun than a maniac with a samurai sword!

1 hour ago, bottletopbill said:

We all mock the police but who would want to carry a gun for the same money and risk prison.

WE ALL NEED TO SURPORT THE POLICE  and back them up that is why so many are  leaving the Met leave canceled to go to a riot that does not concern us.

Then they get the back lash by the we must not do that groups . 

Let them return home to fight for there country will they No  

Agreed

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

That was my thoughts in the Op. shoot the obviously guilty man before he can kill/maim anyone else

24 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Agreed

That was my thoughts in the Op. shoot the obviously guilty man before he can kill/maim anyone else

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

14 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Agreed

and what if the witness is correct on the chap ranting about god or do we now blow someones brains out for suffering a mental issue which is not the same as just being guilty 

5 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

SO WHY are so many forces now doing humane dispatch work when yesterday proved we don't have enough firearm units on our streets.

The Met had a lot of firearm  resign after the last officer shot through the window screen killing a known guy. when volunteers cost nothing  putting police work back on the streets this works for every force in the country

Edited by bottletopbill

There is no circumstance where an officer of the law should be forced to take down nutters such as this in a hand to hand manner. There needs to be a means to put a stop to it from far enough away to ensure they are with there families at the end of that day. Be it 9mm, a long club or a plastic/rubber slug. 

And one warning is all it needs.

44 minutes ago, clangerman said:

and what if the witness is correct on the chap ranting about god or do we now blow someones brains out for suffering a mental issue which is not the same as just being guilty 

"blow someone's brains out"😂😂😂😂😂

they'd have all on to hit centre mass🙄

4 hours ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

this isn't my view, it's the view of the brother of an ex girlfriend who was ex RM and was an active S, Yorkshire AR cop and firearms instructor.

"unless the cop is ex forces,they are not worth a w*** and only want to use the gun issued as a **** extension"

"I wouldn't trust any of 'em with a spud gun"

They seem to manage here armed on and of duty, an they are not x forces :hmm:

4 hours ago, amateur said:

Can I ask why your daughter went into policing if not willing to carry tools to protect herself and colleagues? That's a genuine question, I respect her decision but surely that puts her at unnecessary risk when responding to some jobs

Rubber bullets would have stopped this nut job sooner than tasers that seemed to take too long to show up.