Burglar shot and homeowner arrested

Rob85

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t steal for a living and this wouldn’t happen, I really can’t feel sympathy for anyone other than the poor chap who was burgled who will likely also have his life ruined by going to prison not to mention other ramifications. 

Looking at the Eccles Road on google maps there is only one farm on that road, more than likely had stuff stolen before, looks like this time he’s taken the law into his own hands, one dead, one wounded and one arrested.

Quote from the mail "Chief Superintendent Dave Kirby, of Derbyshire police, said he believed the incident was a 'targeted attack' and there was no wider risk to the public".

That to me implies it wasn't a common burglary, they were after something specific they knew was at that property, possibly the farmer was growing a particular type of crop, indoors?

I could be completely wide of the mark, it's the "targeted attack" part I find odd.

Either way, no sympathy for those shot, I'll reserve judgement on the shooter until we know more.

3 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Quote from the mail "Chief Superintendent Dave Kirby, of Derbyshire police, said he believed the incident was a 'targeted attack' and there was no wider risk to the public".

That to me implies it wasn't a common burglary, they were after something specific they knew was at that property, possibly the farmer was growing a particular type of crop, indoors?

I could be completely wide of the mark, it's the "targeted attack" part I find odd.

Either way, no sympathy for those shot, I'll reserve judgement on the shooter until we know more.

My reading of 'targeted attack' was that the farmer had only acted against those attacking his own property and was not going to go be a danger to anyone else

4 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Odd? Farms up and down the country are targeted every day for the machinery and live stock.

27 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

I could be completely wide of the mark,

Let's wait and see, I just found it an odd turn of phrase, we can all interpret things differently. 

To be clear, if the farmer was just protecting his legal property I'm right behind him, the man deserves a medal.

40 minutes ago, old'un said:

Looking at the Eccles Road on google maps there is only one farm on that road, more than likely had stuff stolen before, looks like this time he’s taken the law into his own hands, one dead, one wounded and one arrested.

At least it is one less 'Repeat Offender'  !

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

And I think the other two might think twice about robbing from farms.

I would like to think that old'un , however for some types it is just an occcupational hazard. Take for instance back in 2021 not half a mile from me, a gang of thugs broke into a local farm demanding money and valubles, they took firearms and shot the farmer at almost point blank range in the thigh and foot, he somehow survived, but sadly lost his foot. What a traumatic experience and a life changing one at that.

The gang had targeted other rural properties before for equipment and valuables.

That gang are all behind bars now.

2 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

I would like to think that old'un , however for some types it is just an occcupational hazard. Take for instance back in 2021 not half a mile from me, a gang of thugs broke into a local farm demanding money and valubles, they took firearms and shot the farmer at almost point blank range in the thigh and foot, he somehow survived, but sadly lost his foot. What a traumatic experience and a life changing one at that.

The gang had targeted other rural properties before for equipment and valuables.

That gang are all behind bars now.

BUT not for long  !