Is Sunak trying to lose the election on purpose?

Lloyd90

3 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Hopefully, enough third party MPs will be elected to frustrate, or at least publicise the worst excesses, of Starmer's cabinet.

My prediction is that the more threatening elements to Starmers leadership and policies, will come from within his own party.
Either too extreme, or not extreme enough.

Either way, its going to be a bumpy ride.

Just as an aside, the tories could have won this, simply by achieving practical goals, like curbing immigration, pumping some money into fixing our woeful transport system, curbing the excess's of the energy companies, and electing an czar or overseer to root out the wastage within the NHS.
They CHOSE not to do any of these things, and the people now think labour might as well have a crack at it.
It couldnt get much worse, could it...?

The tories are banking that it can, and will, then everyone can forget how much of a mess THEY made of it in 14 years, as labour made it worse.

Labour are already saying they need 2 terms to fix the country, but after 10 years of labour, and likely 5-10 million more mouths to feed as they import future voters, they can back out and blame the previous government for leaving the country in such a mess.
Just like the tories did for much of their term in power.

We DO need something different in the UK, but no one around today knows any different than labour or the tories, left or right, most would be too scared to branch out and go for radical, the media paints these as 'extremist' especially if they drift too far to the right.
PR isnt the answer either , as most governments made up of this dither, or gravitate towards left and right alliances anyway.

Its sad, but things need to get REALLY bad before the electorate vote for something radical.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

i often wish we still had the old Saxon way of leadership ...where each cheiftan REGARDLESS OF WHICH SEX were chosen to make the desisions to protect us and for the betterment of the people........

....... why not go even further back than Saxon times?   Britons were once led by a woman who really did know how to handle a sword, and maybe it could happen again.

Image3.jpg.1ffdc76bfae6b69a31fccf1691756e68.jpg

Just now, McSpredder said:

....... why not go even further back than Saxon times?   Britons were once led by a woman who really did know how to handle a sword, and maybe it could happen again.

Image3.jpg.1ffdc76bfae6b69a31fccf1691756e68.jpg

Totally agree............would you let her handle your sword ?

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

My theory is this , when labour make a mess of things, at least the tories can say ' Nothing to do with us' and I believe the tories are repeating this same strategy at the GE.
The tories havent done a good job, through Brexit, covid, and immigration, so they are going to hand the whole sorry mess over to labour, who will likely make a much bigger mess of it.
Come 2029, or before , the country will be crying out for the tories back, with new leadership, new policies and leadership, and the cycle continues.

The tories are taking a sabbatical, and so they should, but god help us for the next 5 years.

100%, people might want a change, but Labour will do nothing,  unfortunately it might well be longer than 5 years, Labour will spend the first 3 or 4 years blaming things on the Tories saying its not our fault.

Three things need sorting,  stop the boats, send back those in hotels all across the country and fix the roads,  that I'd vote for.

4 hours ago, Red696 said:

Irrespective of the Left / Right argument this Country needs someone with the strength of character and determination that Maggie showed.  We need a leader!

If only, there's not a leader out there, just a few puppets.

36 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Three things need sorting,  stop the boats, send back those in hotels all across the country and fix the roads,  that I'd vote for.

So would 70-80 % of the electorate, and yet , the tories made little to no effort to do this, read into that what you will.

Now we are going to have a massive majority labour government for at least 5 years, who will cause more boats to come, knowing they will get a pleasant welcome, a worse housing crisis, as those in hotels are given amnesty/right to remain and will need housing.
The roads ? Well where do we start, estimates are wild 100-200 billion to get the roads back to some kind of standard, while labour can only promise a nationalised train system, costing billions, and even more expensive fares, carbon taxes, higher VAT....

The funny thing is , like turkeys voting for Xmas , we can see it coming, and were STILL going to vote for it :lol:

Are we stupid , apathetic ?

Put your affairs in order, and get ready for some tough times, first off will be a deep recession.
Then social depression, because that labour money tree doesnt exist, and the only way they can do anything at all within their great plan, is to tax us ALL to the hilt.

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The funny thing is , like turkeys voting for Xmas , we can see it coming, and were STILL going to vote for it 

propaganda truly the means to manipulate minds of simpletons! 

5 hours ago, TOPGUN749 said:

We need a true British prime minister, one who has white British ancestry going back hundreds of years ,not one from  a rich foreign family who happens to be born here.

Somone like Benjamin Disraeli perhaps?

I see Starmer stayed to the end. He understands service and the scale of the moment, not least the opportunity to stand shoulder to shoulder with world leaders. I doubt any Tory leader in history would have walked off such a stage.

29 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The funny thing is , like turkeys voting for Xmas , we can see it coming, and were STILL going to vote for it 

That would have been Boris and Brexit. Somethings are a no brainer but many cannot see the wood for the trees. 

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

Totally agree............would you let her handle your sword ?

Yes please😉 I reckon she'd do a better job running the country than Sunak or Starmer given half a chance. 

Edited by PhilR

7 hours ago, TOPGUN749 said:

We need a true British prime minister, one who has white British ancestry going back hundreds of years ,not one from  a rich foreign family who happens to be born here.

Come off it that's ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Rem260 said:

The sad thing is I doubt less than half the country would have been watching or even know what it is about. A recent snap survey asking under 25s showed at least half didn't know what  D Day was.

So is that. Almost unbelievable.

Surely to God he was TOLD by David Cameron that there would be the event at Omaha Beach Memorial? If so then the man's a fool. If not then Cameron has let Sunak down.

Again which idiot...or was it Sunak himself...who had him read out Montgomery's Order of the Day of "Happy hunting in the fields of France"? I knew D-Day veterans and they told me on the sixtieth anniversary that when in June 1944 that was read out it was treated with laughter, cat calls, derision. A lot of D-Day veterans were not enamoured of Montgomery. Not at all.

A late friend who as an officer in the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry had to read it out told me his Sergeant's response was "Happy hunting in the fields of France, Sir? Well he can shove that up his XXX." As indeed they found out on Hill 112 in July and who's verdict on Montgomery was this "That XXXXXXX killed all my friends with his plans of attack."

Edited by enfieldspares

If you look back through political parties and leaders there hasn't been anyone or any party that hasn't been in a muddle and shambles.  It's no different to the Mrs.  There might be a few decent and effective ones but look at all the fiddles and ones that are just there to line their pockets.  No prime minister apart from Maggie has seen a problem and taken direct positive action to sort it out.  All of the politicians are quick enough to  pledge  millions for something but the situations with the poor blood scandle victims and the postmaster trials are a total disgrace.  ANYWAY....I can pledge that everyone in the country will have an ice cream IF the temperature goes over 40 ° .  Do you believe me. 

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Just as an aside, the tories could have won this, simply by achieving practical goals, like curbing immigration, pumping some money into fixing our woeful transport system, curbing the excess's of the energy companies, and electing an czar or overseer to root out the wastage within the NHS.
They CHOSE not to do any of these things, and the people now think labour might as well have a crack at it.
It couldnt get much worse, could it...?

Not that I wish to defend their record, but have a listen to the Triggernometry podcast episode featuring Steve Hilton.  Even if what he's saying is only 25% true, it's absolutely crazy how much power the civil service+its QUANGOs (AKA the blob) wield.

Will it be much different under the next lot?  The cynic in me thinks it will, as the civil service is a left-leaning organisation.  So the same policies, previously obstructed out of existence, might slide through, with the only difference being the name & party allegiance of the minister signing it off.

4 hours ago, oowee said:

see Starmer stayed to the end. He understands service and the scale of the moment, not least the opportunity to stand shoulder to shoulder with world leaders. I doubt any Tory leader in history would have walked off such a stage.

It beggers belief,  probably no bigger platform in the run up to an Election and he left early,  just watching the news, talk about making it easy for your opponents 🤦

10 hours ago, Mice! said:

It beggers belief,  probably no bigger platform in the run up to an Election and he left early,  just watching the news, talk about making it easy for your opponents 🤦

Exactly , but is he that stupid , or was it intentional?

11 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Not that I wish to defend their record, but have a listen to the Triggernometry podcast episode featuring Steve Hilton.  Even if what he's saying is only 25% true, it's absolutely crazy how much power the civil service+its QUANGOs (AKA the blob) wield.

Will it be much different under the next lot?  The cynic in me thinks it will, as the civil service is a left-leaning organisation.  So the same policies, previously obstructed out of existence, might slide through, with the only difference being the name & party allegiance of the minister signing it off.

I agree, but a government who really wanted change would have cleaned up shop.

21 hours ago, ditchman said:

ooooohhhhh dangerous..............what people think but dare not say ..

But that's the problem nowadays folk dare not say what they think because of the fear of upsetting some pc nonsense 🙄 

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

But that's the problem nowadays folk dare not say what they think because of the fear of upsetting some pc nonsense 🙄 

As you say the majority say nowt because, if you don't agree with the vocal "woke" minority (and get offended  by them) you are an offensive "ist"

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Exactly , but is he that stupid , or was it intentional?

I agree, but a government who really wanted change would have cleaned up shop.

it just tells you who's running the country when the lefty civil servants defy the "minister in charge" when he tells them to get back in the office.

the lefty fuelled wokerati have driven this country into the sewer AND in another 4 weeks there'll be worse to come.

On 07/06/2024 at 12:43, Rem260 said:

The sad thing is I doubt less than half the country would have been watching or even know what it is about. A recent snap survey asking under 25s showed at least half didn't know what  D Day was.

No real surprise maybe? Fed on a diet of woke and gender garbage most don't know what they are or can see past their phone screens?

Sunak is living history

whats comes next is what we should be exploring.........if labour carry out their "promises"......it will bring the country to its knees..........

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

Sunak is living history

whats comes next is what we should be exploring.........if labour carry out their "promises"......it will bring the country to its knees..........

We are already on our  knees but it will go lower if starmer is in number 10!

On 07/06/2024 at 12:41, 12gauge82 said:

What I don't understand is why more people aren't voting Farage in via Reform. The country is in a terrible state, woke policys are interfering in everyone's daily lives, illegal migration has become a virtual invasion and the current crop of political so called leadership in the uni party that is Lab/Con is an absolute joke. Reform almost certainly haven't got all the answers, but to most of the big issues I've listed above, they do!

Well said