what washing machine you got? Miele seem great.

unapalomablanca

I tend to chage every 5 years after the bearings invariably go, but thats o.k. because i just buy cheap and it works out. At the moment its a 3 year old Beko going strong, and highly recommended. I notice currys were doing a machine for £189 recently (not a beko). Amazingly low price.

However on my travels i notice many ancient miele's and bosch's some back to the 70s still banging out a wash. The customers say they are bullet proof and have rarely had any callouts in their life cycle. The standard response is that they cost 3 times as much but go on for donkeys.

I might get one when this Beko goes bang! What you lot got?

Edited by unapalomablanca

I'm actually going to suggest the beko idea isn't so bad, with continuous improvements in efficiency and the likes having a new machine occasionally can save money. That said I have had a beko dishwasher for years and the most recent washing machine is as well as I've had no problems so far

all ours are bosch and we have had the washer for 14 years, the dryer for 15 and the dishwasher for a short 3 years. Quality is good these days but miele was the alternative. The reason we chose bosch was that the miele we looked at dried as well and that (for me ) was complicated 'stuff' to too high a level - hence bosch.

We have an LG. direct drive so no belt to go wrong and very quiet. Gets a massive load in it so the Mrs can't overload it. £500+ but worth it.

We have the same as my wife kills them in a couple years normally.

Nice and quiet and keeps her happy.

Figgy

Zanussi jet stream - been faultless.was just over £400 which I thought was reasonable. It's a 1600rpm 7.5kg load one so the wife seems to like it...(haven't seen her sitting on it yet! :lol:)

Zanussi first thing we bought when we married lasted 20 years never ever went wrong , just water a up grade yep another ,and it was used nearly every day we have four kids

We have the same as my wife kills them in a couple years normally.

Nice and quiet and keeps her happy.

Figgy

I have one of those too, wife that kills washers vacs fridges, don't know how but she manages. She hasn't done for the tumble drier yet but give her time. 5'4" wrecking machine.