17 weeks I do not want back

bakerboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, excellent news.

Went through a similar situation in October 2000. Had a renal tumour removed myself and after being monitored tested scanned and blood tested for ten years was given the all clear. Now 14+ years on I've had no problems.

Just mentioning it to encourage you, don't look back onwards and upwards.

Great news for both of you.

I know how you must have been feeling all this time as my brother has had an operation for the big C only a couple of weeks ago and we will be going through hell till hopefully we,ll have some good news. I do not know you Terry, but I do wish for you and your good lady all the best from now on.

Great news bakerboy I hope there are many many good years for you and your missus to come. Just take it each day as it comes and try not to now focus on the checkups.

My Father was diagnosed with probably prostate cancer before Christmas 2012 and went for a biopsy (huge set of needs shoved up you) on Christmas Eve 2012, Jan 2013 he was diagnosed with early stage prostate cancer and early Feb 2013 he had it removed. He was a mess to start with and started to finally come to terms with it but he was always extremely worried about the 6 monthly checkups which meant he could never fully get over it. About 3 weeks ago he got the results back from over 2 years since the op and he has been given a 5% chance for it to come back and the hospital has officially handed him back to his GP for yearly checks instead fo 6 monthly. It's been a massive weight off his shoulders and hes now starting to live again.

Take it as it comes mate, get through those checkups as each one comes around and don't look for the worst, stay positive and all the best in the future for you and your missus

So glad for your outcome, the weight of the World has now been lifted from your shoulders so go and enjoy many Happy years together.

We are waiting for the 'same news' tomorrow for my mother ( went through it all with my father a few years ago) and it's a constant in your mind.

ATB.

Jay