Trouble with nieghbour

besty57

Any one been in this sort of situation before .Advice needed please.long story short,I was out with the dog about a month ago,when his dogs attacked mine.when I said they should be muzzled I just got abuse.reported him to the plod online.then they rang and I told them what had happened.ive had no comeback from them since.today out with the dog again ,when I get home he's at his garage door with his dogs giving me daggers,so I ask him what his problem is,and he replies I'm the problem.then he says why don't we put the dogs away and go round the corner out of sight of anyone and sort it.so I walk away and as i do I get abuse again,so what do you think I should inform plod again .or let it go.seems he's trying to goad me into having a go, I'm not sure what to do at the mo

Edited by besty57

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As above, all too easy to let pride get the better of you when someone is mouthing off and you have to turn away, but there is much more than lost pride at stake in your case. That might mean you have to swallow really hard, but you have a lot to lose.

Doesn't matter if he is giving major provocation if you indulge in a scrap then plod may well have your guns off you. Only if the guy actually starts to attack you then you need to defend yourself, but try and avoid that at all costs.

Yes inform police. He's possibly committing a Section 4 public order offence by shouting abuse to you. Is he being violent using degrading language? Do you feel as if he may cause you any unlawful violence by the nature of his actions? If so give them a ring back

Edited by WinchesterDave

Can you live happily with him skulking in the background?

If you can , then do nothing apart from maybe a quick call to your FEO and explain you don't want to escalate but need there advice.

Does he know you have firearms?

He doesn't sound the kind of guy to plan that far ahead or be able to manage the phone that well!

John

Oh log it all down as said by someone else.

Edited by spinach

get one of ya buddy,s to knock the ***** out

just a mad thought, ,,,,,he sounds like a normal gob ****, all mouth and when it comes to it he will back down

on a serious note, just let the plod know mate, idiots like him are not worth it

Don't take him up on his offer of a fight, especially if you have a shotgun/firearm licence. I would contact the police again, and tell them that he is trying to provoke you into a fight. The police 'may' do something, but at least it 'should' be logged as a complaint by them.

This ^^ but when you contact the police tell them you feel harassed and threatened by his actions. These are the magic words, they must investigate the incident.

I ask him what his problem is,and he replies I'm the problem.

Thats the mistake you made he could say you started the confrontation. Giving somewone a dirty look is not a crime and does not need a responce, i would advice ignoring him and if he starts anything ring the police.

Edited by ordnance

Playing devils advocate. I'd be concerned that if I was to tell the police they may decide that due to the ongoing tension and close proximity of your neighbour they might want to look after your guns until the matter is resolved. Just a thought.

you could do worse than listen to a policeman

Had this from my neighbour & I documented everything over 12 mths.I then got my solicitor to write to him listing every event in detail & a threaten to take legal action.Hes never bothered me now for about 5 yrs,we don't even look at each other.He sent his wife over to ask if he could come round and paint the fence about 2 yrs back,I simply told her politely to write to my solicitor and he will reply.Sounds silly but document everything.

I would go out of my way to be pleasant, well mannered and smile sweetly at him. It works for me, all my neighbours think I'm a nutter, in fact probably the whole street.

Nice one .if only it was that simple.i had never even spoke to him until the first incident,he lives opposite me and don't even know his name.