Roy Hodgson - England Football Team Merged Threads

felly100

Iceland are a team of part timers with passion and drive. England are a team of prima donnas that don't seem capable of playing a passionate yet cohesive game. They're out because they weren't good enough to be in. A pathetic performance that was more akin to a pub team after a few too many beers and a heavy lunch. Maybe we should be looking at why so much money is put into football just to produce such dross.

Can't disagree with you there,

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the England players will by now have got their plane tickets to Ibiza or Barbados or some other tacky spot booked and does anyone think they will actually care about a pride for their country. Multi millionaires don't care about passion and don't know what hunger is.. from Auntie.

All the England players will by now have got their plane tickets to Ibiza or Barbados or some other tacky spot booked and does anyone think they will actually care about a pride for their country. Multi millionaires don't care about passion and don't know what hunger is.. from Auntie.

The lure of granny grabbing!

I wonder if Mr Rooney will be ordered home by his Mrs before he gets to rattle a wrinkly? :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks England played well through the tournament?

Apart from Wales every team we played against just parked the bus and tried to absorb the pressure, usually successfully. Englands performance repeatedly just lacked the cutting edge to break down the oppositions defences during otherwise domineering performances.

There was no lack of courage or committment, just a lack of skill, principally from our much hailed forwards.

Been fed up with football for long time and just binned sky sports. Makes me realise my decision to stop watching was right.

I had the misfortune to see about half an hour of the second half...waste of 30 minutes of my life i will never get back.

He took players that are/were in their best form before the tournament. Yes I would of took Defoe just for his predatory skills but other than that there isn't any I would of taken instead. He took Kane and Vardy who had amazing seasons so can't moan at that one. Andy Carroll?!? Pffff. If he would of took those players like andros Townsend,Lennon etc then when he announced his squad everyone would of been saying what!!!! He couldn't win either way. Just boils down to the fact the players aren't mentally strong enough and the pressure we and the media put on them bears down on them too much.

Oh dear - how come they had forgotten how to pass the ball? So many poor passes from all of them. Their club managers will be embarrassed by this display although probably relieved they are back early. Hart again let's in a soft goal. Will Brexit limit number of foreign players and thus increase number of young, promising players coming through? Hate it when you watch a PL game and the only Englishman is the goalie. Rashford looked promising however - the only very very small grain of hope for me.

Hmmm. The manager has to take most of the blame. He picked the wrong players/formation etc etc etc.

I have to admit I was watching a film and when it finished I heard on the news that we had lost and it just made me burst out laughing listening to the radio yet again people are blaming the manager if the players cannot be bothered to play he is fighting a loosing battle.