Didn't hear any Cuckoos this year - anyone?

KFC

Heard one a month or so back whilst out running. Same location they've been in for decades just over into the next river valley. There was always one in our valley area as well but I'm probably just out of range to hear it if they're still there - this area is under threat of housing development. I haven't heard them every year but perhaps I was just out at the wrong time. It will always be a special sound to me.

Two weeks ago we were walking around Burrow Head at Luce Bay in Wigtonshire when we had a cuckoo moving ahead of us along the wire fence. It was apparently a feldgling as it was being attended by two pippits one carrying a grub or caterpillar to feed its,'offspring'. This is the first of this species I have seen in a lifetime of rural dwelling. It is many years since I heard a cuckoo around the Borders but heard several in 2009 at Bettyhill on the Pentland coast.

Blackpowder

I heard and saw good numbers this year, certainly a dozen a day in Aberdeenshire, probably 6 weeks ago.

also heard plenty and saw one or two as well, I was surprised that they call on the wing always assumed they called from a perch dont know why :/

also heard plenty and saw one or two as well, I was surprised that they call on the wing always assumed they called from a perch dont know why :/

I was on a weeks holiday beginning of june west coast of Scotland touring , heard and seen plenty of cuckoos ,a few years since ive heard or seen one in my part of west lancs .