What are you doing this afternoon

Adge Cutler

Well, I've just come back from a mornings shooting ( more later) called in at the local general store and bought one of their hot ( made on the premises) man sized Steak and Kidney pies, and 6 bottles of Bath Ales Gem ( 3 for a fiver )

I'm going to have hot bath, and settle down in front of the wood burner and the telly and watch the racing from Ascot and Wetherby.

Think the Nicholls, Twiston-Davies and local Stable of Tom George might be among the winners today.

Probably take the top off a bottle of Good Ordinary Claret for later.

Dogs seems happy to join me too.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've just come back from a mornings shooting ( more later) called in at the local general store and bought one of their hot ( made on the premises) man sized Steak and Kidney pies, and 6 bottles of Bath Ales Gem ( 3 for a fiver )

I'm going to have hot bath, and settle down in front of the wood burner and the telly and watch the racing from Ascot and Wetherby.

Think the Nicholls, Twiston-Davies and local Stable of Tom George might be among the winners today.

Probably take the top off a bottle of Good Ordinary Claret for later.

Dogs seems happy to join me too.

Getting worked up reading the Mails article about Tony Blair pushing for us to have another vote on Europe.

Did an asbestos removal job this morning. Home cleaning up after little one, putting a beef stew in the oven. Start a shop fitting job at 5 but I've pre cut all the sheets so should be back by 8 for stew and crusty bread.

Couple of bottles of gran reserva ensconced in the fridge

Been at work since four am till six pm and then off for a relax in the parents Hot Tub while there away with a nice malt or red wine decide later on which or both. Before doing it all again tomorrow. second shoot of the season next Saturday so looking forward the day off and working my dog.

Our not-quite two-year-old grand-daughter presented me with a damaged Iggle-Piggle spinning propeller LED toy with a "Gwanpa fix it?".

Well, I think it was a question rather than a demand, so Grandpa has the soldering iron and superglue out and has the motor spinning and the LED's momentarily flashing, but not quite working as it should.

Oh! to be in the power of one so young.

I'm going to give it another hour and then walk the dogs.

Edited by amateur