Remember clocks go back tonight.

Hamster

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it a modern phenomena to harp on for months and months about a result in politics ? One side one, the other (s) lost. No amount of protests, name calling or trawling the Internet will change the result.

Not aimed at any one just can't recall so many bitter losers in the past.

Is it a modern phenomena to harp on for months and months about a result in politics ? One side one, the other (s) lost. No amount of protests, name calling or trawling the Internet will change the result.

Not aimed at any one just can't recall so many bitter losers in the past.

If you understand politics in terms of winning and losing, I am not sure you understand politics.

It is a slog, an ongoing battle, to hold those in the wrong to account, to weaken them and ultimately to bring them down.

I'm with Mungler on this one. I think, either way, it will be quite spectacular.

As for weak leaders, I think Cameron was practically a eunuch. Even if he'd had a pair of dried up raisins to pass off as testicles would have been something but no, nothing.

And the question has already been asked, what exactly did Obama do as President, apart from Obamacare?

If you understand politics in terms of winning and losing, I am not sure you understand politics.

It is a slog, an ongoing battle, to hold those in the wrong to account, to weaken them and ultimately to bring them down.

Never a truer word said.

Thats why we have Trump and Brexit, and ordinary people have a glimmer of hope that their lives will improve ,now that democracy and their will,will be observed.

That is what you meant wasnt it ?

The thing that scares me about Trump is that he has a bad history of really going off the deep end when he doesn't get his way. In the past that's just been in his business dealings but now he's in a very different situation. He is volatile and vindictive and that's not what you want in a politician.

Never a truer word said.

Thats why we have Trump and Brexit, and ordinary people have a glimmer of hope that their lives will improve ,now that democracy and their will,will be observed.

That is what you meant wasnt it ?

The statement is true whatever your politics are.

Personally I believe that neither Trump or Brexit offer any hope to the 'ordinary people', but there we are.

Personally I believe that neither Trump or Brexit offer any hope to the 'ordinary people', but there we are.

So you think its better to keep grinding away,doing the same things ,expecting a different outcome?

Hoping that one day ,everything will work out right?

'Ordinary people' got fed up ,and voted to radically change how things are done,and its been done in such a way ,that the governments involved darent 'not' carry it out.

This is why I hate the right/left tag ,by rights conservatives or right wingers ,traditionally want to 'conserve' the status quo and look after the upper classes.

The left/democrats/liberals are traditionally the polar opposite.

Yet the whole concept has been turned on its head,your left is now the one trying to keep everything the same,whilst looking after the upper echelons.

Basically ,it sold out ! Now the 'ordinary people' scorned ,are turning to the right ,to try to take some control back.

If you can look at it level headed,you can see it plainly.

Do you still believe the people who voted Brexit are all racists,xenophobes,stupid ?

Are half of the US ,racist ,misogynists ,rednecks ?

No one in the media saw either event coming ,because they werent interested in listening to the 'ordinary people'

Things are going to change now,because those same people have now realised that sometimes their vote does count.

Strap yourself in :yes:

The statement is true whatever your politics are.

Those that still can't be bothered to get off the sofa or move with the modern world will still be in the same place.

If it's a sharing of the wealth that (ordinary) people were after. I just don't see it happening this way. You go left for that, not right.

Edited by Paul1440

There,s a lot of unemployed Merican,s hoping he,s not another soundbite and can bring some of the manufacturing plants back home from Mexico and eastern europe/China.Thing is he,s 1 of the owner,s of such oversea,s plants and i think this is lost on a lot of them as he,s giving them hope for a future but not actually bringing his own work back to the USA .