Air ambulance

Davyo

These guys are amazing,just came out of ASDA in Hartlepool @6pm and some poor soal had been ran over on Marine way (dual carriage way) The air ambulance flew in and landed on the exit from the shopping centre (Boots for anyone local) with cars all over the place.I was about 3 cars back and couldn't believe the precision of the landing,to the point where I ducked behind the dashboard in case it went all Pete Tong.

Truely totally amazing people.

Of all the things that are a drain on the public purse I really wouldn't mind them being one.

I can understand wanting to be a charity to give themselves some flexibility, (government procurement is a pain) but would be nice if the UK governmemt dipped into their pocket for the odd boat or helicopter.

Edited by Lord v

Davyo when you say some poor soul has been run over. I always think it's usually some stupid sod has stepped out into traffic, could have killed themselves and others.

Think all our charitable rescue services do a fantastic job including mountain rescue with the two already mentioned. An awful lot of folk would not be here if not for these charity heros

Davyo when you say some poor soul has been run over. I always think it's usually some stupid sod has stepped out into traffic, could have killed themselves and others.

Think all our charitable rescue services do a fantastic job including mountain rescue with the two already mentioned. An awful lot of folk would not be here if not for these charity heros

I know what you mean figgy,you'll know that road and at times usually at the McDonald's end people step out(usually kids).

Just found out it's a 9yr old boy,critical at the moment.Bet the driver not feeling to well either.

Davyo can never understand why they stopped with the green cross code and all the other government information adverts. Sad but kids this day and age think when it goes wrong they can hit the reset button and the game starts over.

Hope the child recovers, there is a crossing at that part of road too. Driver will feel terrible, had a few lucky escapes with kids stepping out over the years, one ran straight from between two parked cars into the side of my car and bounced off the rear passenger door, split second earlier he would have gone under the car.

Watched them pull a "sports climber" off the hill at Dovedale ,super cool sports climber no rope DOH .Luckily the trees and drystone walls didnt phase the pilot and he was soon on his way far faster than any road vehicle couldve got to him .We are very very lucky to have such skilled people a phone call away