Lords Brexit defeat

ditchman

Time for this outdated, out of touch and unelected house of leaches to be abolished I think, I hope they face a huge public backlash.

Their lordships do not make things easy for themselves sometimes, but there are many decent folk in there who would never get elected to Parliament otherwise.

And some nod to the lords spiritual is due at this stage. I thought that the Archbishop of York was particularly impressive in this debate.

LS

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm.. Lots of sweeping statements.

I'ts not a single issue that should decide wheather they should be hung drawn and quartered. How many people on here jump up and down against them when they overwhelmingly voted against the ban on hunting with dogs..

Love em or loath them,at least they can put the brakes on some stupid media led popularist politics.

Sure,you can vote goverment out but it's usually too late after the damage has been done. A delay is not always a bad thing

The Goverment will get what it wants through eventually anyway.

i cant see the house of lords ever changing,after all where would those that are the powers that be and their mates go for an easy life and even easier money when they are no longer mp's.

See the petition "Replace the unelected House of Lords with a publicly elected body" so far overnight has reached 67,000 signatures

Don't remember anyone saying that we were going to send all EU citizens home anyway, so I don't see the point in the amendment but it might be worth adding a foot note saying it only stands if the EU allow all British citizens the same rights within the EU.

its what I predicted, I will lay down a bet with anyone on here that an invoke will not be happening by the end of march.

And people will say, oh, that was just a 'loose' date, we must follow due process.

then it will be the first anniversary, and 'something' will crop up that slows it again, you see the longer it goes on, the more it gets watered down, and weakened, I had the mickey taken when I said invoke the next day, if we had I can assure you we would be clearer than we are today. She should have invoked, and the ball was in another court and we were on our way, now the enemies of brexit are stronger and more numerous.

I have no faith in it happening.

its what I predicted, I will lay down a bet with anyone on here that an invoke will not be happening by the end of march.

And people will say, oh, that was just a 'loose' date, we must follow due process.

then it will be the first anniversary, and 'something' will crop up that slows it again, you see the longer it goes on, the more it gets watered down, and weakened, I had the mickey taken when I said invoke the next day, if we had I can assure you we would be clearer than we are today. She should have invoked, and the ball was in another court and we were on our way, now the enemies of brexit are stronger and more numerous.

I have no faith in it happening.

How much do you want to wager?

I think an easy way to calculate the wager would be to increase the amount in accordance with the vote, ie the post above shows 81,772 therefore the wager stands at £81.77 and as the vote increase to for example 106,458 then the wager would be £106.45,

how does that sound :devil::devil:

p/s that would of course be to or from each person in the wager

Edited by sportsbob

Don't remember anyone saying that we were going to send all EU citizens home anyway, so I don't see the point in the amendment but it might be worth adding a foot note saying it only stands if the EU allow all British citizens the same rights within the EU.

Correct Sir, I don't remember that either?

Some meddling anti trying to help derail the exit by scaremongering?

They all have some part of their anatomy in the communal trough?

Being "Frightfully British" and more interested in fair play we will always give the advantage to any other?

I don't think we will shift them either too much superglue in their pants?

Edited by old man