Nicola Sturgeon Referendum News

figgy

mick - peace does seem to be breaking out. :good:

Very valid points about Scotland's situation. It is naïve in the extreme for Sturgeon to jump ship when the UK is out of the EU. No subsidies from anywhere.

The UK subsidises the EU and also Scotland. She hasn't grasped that.

Piebob - I must be talking about a different Sturgeon. Every time she opens her mouth I think she is having a pop. The one I am talking about is a red headed, harridan, with a low IQ.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland has provided many talented and charismatic politicians, but she is not one of them. I get the impression that she is lecturing us all. There is only room for her view - however stupid.

Her limited intellect provided her with these classics:-

"An independent Scotland will keep the pound because it is in everyone's best interests, and to try and suggest otherwise simply flies in the face of the facts. “For a start, the pound is every bit as much Scotland's currency as it is that of England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and as such, it is simple common sense that we should continue to use it as an independent country.”

“It is the very clear view of the SNP and of the Government that Scotland would automatically be a member of the European Union upon independence. There is very clear legal opinion that backs up that position. I don't think the legal position, therefore, is in any doubt.”

Speaking in Lerwick: “Shetland is on the cusp of a second oil boom. Anyone who comes here can't miss the hundreds of workers coming on and off the islands and the impact all of this activity has on small island communities.”

I honestly don't know if she if she believes the drivel, whether someone writes it for her or she is just one slice short of a full loaf.

Her saving graces are her ready wit, warm personality and stunning good looks.

Edited by Gordon R

The whole mindset is that of a university activist, she is a female corbyn, but more dangerous, as he aint going anywhere, their ilk is at home on a picket line, but wherever they end up, its nearly always being massively rewarded by public money, she is highly divisive and tries to dress it all up with this holier than thou nonsense, she is a disgrace and her supporters need a reality check.

Just as the UK can not forsee the future after Brexit, Scottish politicians cannot possibly see the future after devolution from the UK.

The ever so slight difference is that whilst the UK can negotiate the terms of leaving the EU to a major extent, Scotland will be treated with a 'take it or leave it' attitude as it will have no bargaining power.

Scotland has provided many talented and charismatic politicians, but she is not one of them. I get the impression that she is lecturing us all. There is only room for her view - however stupid.

Her limited intellect provided her with these classics:-

I honestly don't know if she if she believes the drivel, whether someone writes it for her or she is just one slice short of a full loaf.

Her saving graces are her ready wit, warm personality and stunning good looks.

Have you made the appointment for Specsavers yet Gordon?

scotslad, brilliant, those church halls can be rough old places, you should have gone the pub.. ;)

In rural Wales in the very early 70s, they used to hold discos in our local church hall for the teenagers. Before the thing started, the vicar or the verger or whoever was supervising it would stand up, welcome everyone, and then warn that if there was any fighting the dance would be stopped.

I don't ever remember one of these things lasting more than an hour and a half, and that was only because he'd missed the fights outside!

http://wingsoverscotland.com/some-things-are-simple/

There's a lot of love in the comments section... :oops:

Fact no.1 is a load of rubbish, Scotland wasn't promised a remain vote meant continued EU membership, they were told that if Scotland leaves the UK then they would also be leaving the EU, because the UK had EU membership, not the individual countries.

I didn't get passed that, couldn't be ***** to carry on reading, after reading that.

Edited by Newbie to this

Every time theres an anti Scotland thread its perpetrated by the same old PW members, and I always wonder why, Their indignation that Scotland might go it alone with the "dont they know how they will fail," and how dependent they are on Englands handouts, how stupid are they, not to be able to see through wee crankie,etc etc etc,...

surely a more consistent response to Scotland possible problems would be at best indifference, or even joy that you might finally have got rid of the troublesome bunch from the north.

Panama 1, I always thought that UKIP could be described as "Nationalist's" and for what its worth I've never been a lover of nationalist's but have also never felt the need to comment every time something happens in a place i dont like just to reinforce how much i dont like it

edit to say scotslad you should have gone to the church hall after the match for a nice cup of tea and a cake (what were you thinking)

Couldn't agree more, Islandgun.

Every time Scottish politics come to the fore we're treated to the meanderings and moanings of the same predictable posse of opinionated, bigoted, misogynistic, know-it-all bores who seem to spend so much of their time hovering over their key-boards, salivating at any opportunity to persuade the rest of us just how clever and witty they are.

Isn't it odd that the majority of them appear to live south of the border and are therefore unlikely to be much inconvenienced should Scotland become independent? I find it hard to believe, given the hectoring, patronising and dismissive tones of their posts that they have any geniuine concern for the welfare of the poor, misguided and benighted Scots.

Are they imperialists, determined to hang on grimly to the last shreds of the empire, or just a bunch of smug smart-alecs who might be better employed contemplating what is much more likely to impact upon them - the potential car-crash that is Brexit?

Every time Scottish politics come to the fore we're treated to the meanderings and moanings of the same predictable posse of opinionated, bigoted, misogynistic, know-it-all bores

Are they imperialists, determined to hang on grimly to the last shreds of the empire, or just a bunch of smug smart-alecs who might be better employed contemplating what is much more likely to impact upon them - the potential car-crash that is Brexit?

Your latter quote - giving only two poor options suggests that you belong to the group in your former quote. The irony of the two quotes is probably lost on you.

Every time Scottish politics come to the fore we're treated to the meanderings and moanings of the same predictable posse of opinionated, bigoted, misogynistic, know-it-all bores who seem to spend so much of their time hovering over their key-boards, salivating at any opportunity to persuade the rest of us just how clever and witty they are.

Yes but that doesn't mean we are wrong

I read that the reason Scotland joined the union, was that they had their own bash at empire building, but it dident work out and left them broke. A mutually beneficial union it was said at the time, I would say the benefit has been far more beneficial to Scotland, if you get my drift, the outrage of free university for all springs to mind, subsidised by England,Wales and N.Ireland where students in England get none of it, but sturgeon thinks scots are so hard done by , Pro - independence scots need to be careful what they wish for.

p.s I have relatives in Scotland, I love the place, and like England, 50% of the population are not really worth talking to.

The ever so slight difference is that whilst the UK can negotiate the terms of leaving the EU to a major extent, Scotland will be treated with a 'take it or leave it' attitude as it will have no bargaining power.

Have you heard of a thing called Trident? And the billions it would take to relocate it from Scotland?