gun you dreamed of owning when you were young

neillfrbs

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wanted a G10 repeater but was never allowed one, I seriously wouldn't bother now

The pistol? I've got one. It's rubbish. I think it was pretty rubbish when I got it although I must have had fun back then.

What I really wanted was a Skan Bullpup but have grown out of military looking stuff now :)

Washerboy I always wanted a Webley Vulcan....because I read in a letter in an Airgun Magazine which said it was a suitable gun to start off with....this would of been about 1985/86...was it your letter?? I was given a Webley Victor which was fine to start off with. I still have it although I now use a Wheirach HW90.

Cheers

Aled

Could well have been my letter published 😀

Old farrier is this going to one of your I want one of these and then you have already bought one, just got to get the butler to collect it for you :lol:

You sir

Have a very suspicious nature unbecoming of a gentleman 😂😂

A bloke can dream always fancied a so6 or so9

Although the late b06 moved on to perazzie for his game shooting

Sadly butler no longer has a sgc so I would have to drop down and have a look 😉

Bit of a gamble to just rfd it 😂

All the best

Of

Ps

They also have a very nice Woodward OU 😉

Funny thing is you want a gun it looks lovely you covet on for years if lucky get to shoot one or two that people let you have a try if. You. Buy your dream gun and after a while it just becomes the norm like any other gun you have.

The wanting is usually better than the actual owning.

Luckily enough to have owned at one time or another most of the air rifles mentioned in this post, the sterling hr I never owned but yes it was a lovely looking gun. But for me the most coverted was a sportsmatch gc2 mk2. My god they are still a thing of beauty..

Funny thing is you want a gun it looks lovely you covet on for years if lucky get to shoot one or two that people let you have a try if. You. Buy your dream gun and after a while it just becomes the norm like any other gun you have.

Totally agree with you

But nothing wrong with being one of the one or two that let's you have a go 😂😊

Falcon Light Hunter, spotted it at the Midland game fair when it was launched, last stand on gun makers row next to the air rifle range. I must of been to that stand 10 times over the two days :wub:

I remember the guy behind the counter telling me one day I wouldn't be interested in air rifles as I would move onto rim-fires... I did get rim-fires but never stopped with the airgun. And never have had a light hunter ! :oops:

Always used to have a look in Browns window in Coningsby Lincs and drool over a Sarasqueta SLE, it was £119 if I remember, ended up settling for a Laurona BLE at £105. Always regretted not saving up the extra £14, just as I regretted buying a Vauxhall Viva for £1100 when I could have bought a TR6 for the same money!!

Edited by triumphant59

when I was young I wanted a Webley senior air pistol. never got one but had a junior in 177. Then in teens I wanted a Luigi Franchi Falconette o/u. this was followed by a Laurona 316 SLE. I never had any of these either. but later times I had all sorts. I have got some very nice ones now but nice doesn't make me a better shot

After thinking about the above, I don't quite know why it was that I eventually went and traded a load of stuff in and went and bought a Laurona boxlock non ejector and then traded that in after a short time against a Victor Sarasquetta 6EC 12g sidelock. I still have it all these years later. I never went out and hunted out a Luigi Franchi Falconette or any other O/U until one day I took my Mother out on a general drive round the countryside. I needed a bronze barrel brush and stopped off at a gunshop. Mother came in to the shop with me just to look around at other stuff in there. On the rack I noticed a slim o/u and asked for a look at it. When I picked the gun up to the shoulder, it felt just like a fitted bespoke gun would do. I had no intention of buying this gun at all "well not on that Day". Mother asking if I liked it. My reply was yes it is absolutely me down to the ground. So she said to the assistant that it was sold to me !!! I said don't be balmy, and that I couldn't allow her to buy it for me. she replied that it was a present to me. What can you say to that? She has long passed away and I still have the gun and will never sell it. If I was told that I couldn't keep the gun and had to hand it in I would remove the wood and machine up all of the metal parts into swarf and hand in a couple of carrier bags. I have no hang ups about whether I shoot with a single, an SbS, an auto, a pump, or single or double trigger. Over the years I have amassed a fair few. I wonder where they will end up?

After thinking about the above, I don't quite know why it was that I eventually went and traded a load of stuff in and went and bought a Laurona boxlock non ejector and then traded that in after a short time against a Victor Sarasquetta 6EC 12g sidelock. I still have it all these years later. I never went out and hunted out a Luigi Franchi Falconette or any other O/U until one day I took my Mother out on a general drive round the countryside. I needed a bronze barrel brush and stopped off at a gunshop. Mother came in to the shop with me just to look around at other stuff in there. On the rack I noticed a slim o/u and asked for a look at it. When I picked the gun up to the shoulder, it felt just like a fitted bespoke gun would do. I had no intention of buying this gun at all "well not on that Day". Mother asking if I liked it. My reply was yes it is absolutely me down to the ground. So she said to the assistant that it was sold to me !!! I said don't be balmy, and that I couldn't allow her to buy it for me. she replied that it was a present to me. What can you say to that? She has long passed away and I still have the gun and will never sell it. If I was told that I couldn't keep the gun and had to hand it in I would remove the wood and machine up all of the metal parts into swarf and hand in a couple of carrier bags. I have no hang ups about whether I shoot with a single, an SbS, an auto, a pump, or single or double trigger. Over the years I have amassed a fair few. I wonder where they will end up?

:yes:

Back in the 60s I used to drool over the ubiquitous Webley 700 priced I think at that time at £110. Well beyond my reach.

Nowadays however my aspirations have risen somewhat and a Dixon Round Action, or Triggerplate as it should rightly be called, in 16 gauge has me drooling once more.

Like the Webley back then, I`m most unlikely to achieve my aspirations but have nevertheless owned some lovely English guns in the interim years so have no real regrets.

OB

Bit like women then 😁