Nurses parking at Hospitals

Walker570

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its £40 a month for staff at our local trust - but passes are valid for one site, if they work between 2 or more hospitals in the trust they require 2 or more separate passes

There is no sliding scale - the cleaner and chief exec pay the same pass charge

Edited by ph5172

I used to pay £30 a month to park in the largest teaching hospital in Liverpool, that was 17 years ago, few of my mates still work there, think they pay about £80 per month to park. Even paying did not guarantee you a space, especially working a late 13.15-21.15pm used to be a nightmare, would end up parking on the verges in the car park, the attendants used to go mad. Tough!

So yes hospital trusts do charge staff, all goes into the coffers.

atb

7diaw

There are lots of people that have to pay for parking to go to work, my mum for one and even then she has to walk about 5 minutes into the office and costs her around £30 a week. it was one of the factors she had to consider when taking the job.

I am bound to be shot down in flames for this and i am not knocking the NHS and especially not the wonderful staff but why do people feel you should get special treatment just because you are a doctor or nurse? Its not like the NHS has only just started paying **** wages and has antisocial work hours its been like that for years no one forces you to do that job. I would have a major issue though if it turned out the senior management and trust people got free parking and everyone else had to pay that would be taking the real jimmy riddle.

Edited by ferguson_tom

In my town this causes great problems for the residents in the surounding roads due to the number of all day parked cars.

When restrictions to more or less resident disc parking are put in place the hospital workers and visitors just move a bit further out.

Very few hospitals have enough parking whether you pay or not.

There are lots of people that have to pay for parking to go to work, my mum for one and even then she has to walk about 5 minutes into the office and costs her around £30 a week. it was one of the factors she had to consider when taking the job.

I am bound to be shot down in flames for this and i am not knocking the NHS and especially not the wonderful staff but why do people feel you should get special treatment just because you are a doctor or nurse? Its not like the NHS has only just started paying **** wages and has antisocial work hours its been like that for years no one forces you to do that job. I would have a major issue though if it turned out the senior management and trust people got free parking and everyone else had to pay that would be taking the real jimmy riddle.

Agreed. Free parking is a rapidly disappearing benefit.

Nurses have, I believe, had their salaries increased by a derisory 1% PA over the last several years, whilst MP's got an 11% raise last year........increased parking charges for nurses Amounts to a pay cut!

What would you rather finance......Dianne Abbott or 3/4/5/6 NHS nurses, with free car parking?

Nurses have, I believe, had their salaries increased by a derisory 1% PA over the last several years, whilst MP's got an 11% raise last year........increased parking charges for nurses Amounts to a pay cut!

What would you rather finance......Dianne Abbott or 3/4/5/6 NHS nurses, with free car parking?

Bear in mind that up to a point nurses get a band increment pay rise every year pretty much guaranteed.

I also agree with this.

I have been fortunate a few times where there has been free on site parking, due to out of town location factory units, but the vast majority of people now have to pay for parking as there are simply too many people driving to work and too few spaces. (many reasons for people to drive to work I appreciate)

A sensible post

It's scandalous.

The authorities don't give a second thought about staff and any impact that imposing costs and/or the inconvienience of having to get shuttle busses have on work life balance (shuttle busses from remote car parks)

The Manchester hospitails have all been condensed onto a "Super Hospital" in the city centre. All done in the name of efficency. The fact that the pillocks that did this to sell off the other sites for housing in a money grab (No doubt their bonuses looked good) took no account that most staff would to get to the new site without sitting in rush hour traffic and paying additional parkling costs or having to resort to paying the additional cost of trains. I bet it never even crossed their minds.

Edited by Paul1440

its because everybody demands more and more of the nhs, you know, the gastric bands, the i.v.f, the penis removal op, on paper it sounds callous, but what choice do the hospitals have but to charge, it doesn't seem an astronomical amount compared to a large glass of wine, or 20 fags.

When my dad was ill, the nhs was funding a taxi at £60 a pop because he was a non-driver........it aint all bad you know.

Edited by wandringstar

I have no issue being charged if I'm going to the hospital that's just how it is, but as Paul says above no one will have considered the staff in Manchester, I like to think the money goes to the up keep of the car parks or back to the hospital but does it?

My Mrs pays £4.80 a week at Broomfield hospital for staff parking.(works 3 days a week)

Although they have just lost 55 staff places due to trees having protection orders placed on them.

They have great park and ride incentives- half price for all NHS staff.