Exit polls

chrisjpainter

Well the Exit Poll in 2015 wasn't far off (although it was not smack on) ...a leading Liberal Democrat said he'd eat his hat if it was correct, and a certain Nicola Sturgeon stated "she'd be surprised if the SNP won 56 seats"...I've tried to post the link from May 2015 from the BBC web site, but can't seem to do so.

I'm finishing a large G&T and off to bed, it won't surprise me if its wrong though so "Nos Da/Good Night" see you in the morning!

Cheers

Aled

If you remember, last year in the referendum exit polls it looked like a victory for Remain. So much so that Farage was conceeding defeat very early in the evening. Well we all know how that turned out . . .

Give it a few hours and we'll have a clearer picture.

If Comrade Corbyn does perform above expectations then the PLP are screwed as far as getting rid of him is concerned. They will either have to knuckle down and support him or break away and form another party.

Well the Exit Poll in 2015 wasn't far off (although it was not smack on) ...a leading Liberal Democrat said he'd eat his hat if it was correct, and a certain Nicola Sturgeon stated "she'd be surprised if the SNP won 56 seats"...I've tried to post the link from May 2015 from the BBC web site, but can't seem to do so.

I'm finishing a large G&T and off to bed, it won't surprise me if its wrong though so "Nos Da/Good Night" see you in the morning!

Cheers

Aled

Exit polls are very often more accurate than opinion polls. Everyone lies in opinion polls! Hat eating Ashdown regretted being so dismissive of the exits!

This is the worst of everything. Corbyn had complete control of the media and new media. Facebook and you tube was full of trendy Momentum driven clips, images and videos. The conservatives were nowhere to be seen and their campaign was entirely bereft on every level.

I can't believe that there's any close call for Corbyn becoming PM. What alternative reality am I now in?

Local numbers in the village were running at over 70% turn-out when I was in just after 9pm - so wonder if that %age is reflected elsewhere?

We voted at about 8.30 and the polling officer in the local village hall said that over 550 people had voted out of 800 and something. there was still about an hour and a half to go. So what that means is anyone's guess apart from a high turnout. I don't think that many understand what the political parties differences are. I was advised by the hound to vote for the candidate that promised low cartridge prices, and subsedised steak for the dog along with a sausage for afters?.

Edited by fortune

Busier than I`ve ever seen when I voted,two young ladies asking what to do as they`d never voted before whilst I was marking my X .The young voters have come to have their say I think ,which is good for them !

You may well be correct, unfortunately a lot of them have fallen for the removal of university fees line!