Pigeon Shredder.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Stopped using Tesco years ago - their prices are ridiculous - £11 per kilo for chicken that you can buy from the butchers for £4-5 per kilo - rather support smaller local stores :) 

Really? i use Tesco when at work for office stuff but not my own shopping, that is well expensive

10 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

Really? i use Tesco when at work for office stuff but not my own shopping, that is well expensive

It was when I last shopped there, I just googled it now and it’s £8.64 per kilo on breast fillets - double the price of the butcher still 

26 minutes ago, Scully said:

So are we going to start to bombard Tesco with emails pointing out their hypocrisy or are we just going ‘to roll over’ too? I’m quite happy to not shop there ever again on the strength of this. Are we going to tell them? 

I wrote to Dave Lewis their CEO yesterday saying giving these people an inch was the start of a slippery slope and now they would expect Tesco to cowtow to their every whim. As for shopping there - nah!

14 minutes ago, walshie said:

I wrote to Dave Lewis their CEO yesterday saying giving these people an inch was the start of a slippery slope and now they would expect Tesco to cowtow to their every whim. As for shopping there - nah!

I look forward to any answer you may receive, but I will not be holding my breath!:whistling:

Good for you walshie. ?I haven’t received a reply as yet other than an automated email stating that feedback is important to them and that they will reply within the next 4 days. Will fire off one to the CEO tonight when I get time.

It may be worth asking them if their pirate costumes include a Somali version, complete with flip flops and AK47? ?

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Tesco and Sainsbury's are both very expensive compared to Lidl / Aldi and Asda

Most of the stuff I've bought to try from Aldi/Lidl is flavourless rubbish! With the exception of their Aberdeen Angus, 28 (or is it 30?) day matured sirloin/ribeye steaks which are excellent!........I am not prepared to buy cheaper food If it turns out to be carp!, its false economy!

I felt the same when I tried Tescos own brand tinned stuff a few years ago...flavourless!

I rate Sainsbury's stuff....usually very good, and don't mind paying a bit extra for quality and flavour!

5 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Most of the stuff I've bought to try from Aldi/Lidl is flavourless rubbish! With the exception of their Aberdeen Angus, 28 (or is it 30?) day matured sirloin/ribeye steaks which are excellent!........I am not prepared to buy cheaper food If it turns out to be carp!, its false economy!

I felt the same when I tried Tescos own brand tinned stuff a few years ago...flavourless!

I rate Sainsbury's stuff....usually very good, and don't mind paying a bit extra for quality and flavour!

I would say quite the reverse, most Lidl and Aldi fruit and veg carries the red tractor symbol

14 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Not my experience at all, there are issues regarding their fresh produce for instance where you can't buy certain things individually or by weight but like for like they trump the main players almost all the time. 

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I would say quite the reverse, most Lidl and Aldi fruit and veg carries the red tractor symbol

I concede some of their stuff many be fine Vince, but from my limited past experience of buying food from Aldi/Lidl, I am not prepared to spend my money to try it, only to be disappointed!

but everyone to their own!

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I concede some of their stuff many be fine Vince, but from my limited past experience of buying food from Aldi/Lidl, I am not prepared to spend my money to try it, only to be disappointed!

but everyone to their own!

If youve not been for a while, I would give them another try.
When I first tried them when they first set up in the UK I was like you, I thought it was cheap rubbish.
These days I believe a lot of their stuff is far better than Asda or Tesco, and a lot cheaper, some of their wines are excellent, and their meat is very good.
My only problem with them is ,I always come out buying some random tool or gadget I will never use :lol:

I have been pleased with Aldi food; well priced and good quality.  Biggest problem with my Aldi is very limited parking.

There isn't a Lidl nearby and Morrison's food is OK, but usually 25% of items are out of stock - and the store is grubby with the isles blocked by numerous 'special offer' bins.

Great response from the CA..................

Countryside Alliance Chief Executive Tim Bonner writes:

There are plenty of examples of the idiocy that results from a toxic mixture of animal rights activism, social media and corporate communications, but this week’s report that Tesco has decided to remove a fox hunter fancy dress costume from its website is exceptional.

Not because the ‘costume’ looks more like a lion tamer or a toast master than a foxhunter, but because, apparently, it is hunting that triggers such offense. Next to the hunting costume on Tesco’s website is a pirates costume. Pirates steal, rape and murder people in the most politically incorrect manner imaginable. Foxhunters used to chase foxes, the killing of which remains perfectly legal. However dressing a child up as a pirate does not apparently encourage it to be an ‘abuser’, whereas wearing a red tail-coat will.

The reality is that no-one is actually offended by such nonsense, they just desperately want to be. This is dissent manufactured on the basis of deep held prejudice and swallowed by those who react by corporate playbook numbers. Businesses, politicians and journalists must not swallow the pious nonsense of keyboard warriors who shout on social media yet represent a tiny minority of the general public.

There will be hundreds of children out hunting this Saturday as many hunts come to the end of their season. They will not have brought their coats from Tesco, but they will be taking part in a thriving, legal pastime which is indelibly written into British culture and its countryside. From the hundreds of pubs named for huntsmen, hounds and foxes to the ‘whips’ in the House of Commons it is simply impossible to eradicate hunting from British life, however much a few claim they are offended by it.

Tim Bonner

Chief Executive