What would you do?

MarcMaxus

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

isnt there some sort of "ultrasonic" bird scarer machine you can set up................it dosnt harm them ...it just pushes them on somewhere else...you cant hear it but they can....the farmers around here use them against rats...to keep them away from the combine so they dont eat the wiring..

Just now, MarcMaxus said:

Just found out my neighbour had an altercation with one of them last week about it as hes had rats sniffing about too! He got fed up and had a pop at them when they were chucking the bread on the roof. A few others have grumbled too it seems 

Send the first email to your local council then and put that in the narative.

31 minutes ago, MarcMaxus said:

Just found out my neighbour had an altercation with one of them last week about it as hes had rats sniffing about too! He got fed up and had a pop at them when they were chucking the bread on the roof. A few others have grumbled too it seems 

More leverage with the council if you can get your neighbors to support your complaint....and if rats are in evidence the Local EHD should take action!

Many years ago I worked for Coventry Council in their improvement area team. I went to a house in the city to get an agreement signed and noticed the front path was very wobbly and undermined. The people in the house were odd and the stench when the door was opened. was overpowering. I reported it to EH who worked on our team.They visited and found that the man and wife lived separately on bedding in the corner of rooms. The man was feeding his friends the rats with tins of dog food. The rats had eaten through the floor and were living side by side with the people. The man was talking to the rats like pets and they were everywhere. It was a very sad state of affairs. The rats were poisoned by EH and the couple were taken into care. The husband was sectioned. 

15 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Shoot a few against a homemade carpet backstop in your garden. I live head to toe in a cul de sac and have done it with neighbours watching from other windows. Just make sure the carpet hangs, and hit em in the head. All against my gravel and concrete 'garden'. 

Could be a dangerous situation if the neighbour got wind of any firearms being used , they don't understand what type of gun you are using and the last thing you would want is a visit from your local police force .

1 minute ago, marsh man said:

Could be a dangerous situation if the neighbour got wind of any firearms being used , they don't understand what type of gun you are using and the last thing you would want is a visit from your local police force .

Silenced Pcp . Yes sorry should of stated that. Some suggestions of silenced shotguns which seem like a mental idea to me.

5 hours ago, figgy said:

Decoy them or feed them into your garden and shoot them.  No worries of pellets leaving your boundary then.

This... make sure the other crows see it. They won't come near your house if they know theres a threat there... if the pellet stays safely in your garden you have nothing to worry about from the authorities. If they turn up asking questions, refer the original problem back to them...

You can not just shoot them as this is NOT in line with the GL. He has the PROVE it’s a health issue and try other avenues first! I can’t see them viewing a private garden with the same rights as a farm or dairy!  Shooting of birds in a garden private garden will no doubt wind him up in trouble. If it were that easy I would be popping the pigeons off my solar panels. I have to have them cleaned, and my gutters fill with kilos of **** in a month. As for poisoning bread? 🙄 it’s totally Indiscriminate. You can poison song birds, hedgehogs, a neighbours cat or dog. 

Edited by Lord Geordie

Shooting them isn't an option never was. As I mentioned in the OP, it's simply not safe or practical to do so. I'd never jeopardise my ticket like that, would be crazy. Even using the PCP it's a definite none starter. I've put some netting around the guttering today and I'll see if that has an effect. 

If not then an email to the council to let them deal with it. Put the ball in their court. It's a blatant nuisance, you just have to turn up in the morning to realise that lol.

Cheers for all advice.

Edited by MarcMaxus

12 hours ago, stumfelter said:

Rig up a tape recorder that plays Val doonican at first light for a few hours, it's a little known fact but crows hate to hear his Irish crooning....

Brilliant.

Or, 10 seconds of the inane braying of the Parliament today programme would more than suffice.

11 hours ago, Lord Geordie said:

You can not just shoot them as this is NOT in line with the GL. He has the PROVE it’s a health issue and try other avenues first! I can’t see them viewing a private garden with the same rights as a farm or dairy!  Shooting of birds in a garden private garden will no doubt wind him up in trouble. If it were that easy I would be popping the pigeons off my solar panels. I have to have them cleaned, and my gutters fill with kilos of **** in a month. As for poisoning bread? 🙄 it’s totally Indiscriminate. You can poison song birds, hedgehogs, a neighbours cat or dog. 

Spot on.

17 hours ago, Lord Geordie said:

Who mentioned poison? Did I miss something or is it a case of some people like to sway a debate with their own interpretation. You're not a brexit MP are you?

2 minutes ago, toxo said:

Who mentioned poison? Did I miss something or is it a case of some people like to sway a debate with their own interpretation. You're not a brexit MP are you?

You did!

Are you a REMOANER MP?

On 31/03/2019 at 11:49, toxo said:

You're still obliged to exhaust any peaceful option first but,

Not strictly legal but if you throw loads of bread into your garden where there is a backstop.............

Or maybe lace some bread with some nasty stuff and add it to theirs.

If I were taking these options I would maybe hold off on complaining to the council for a while but still gather as much evidence as you can especially video at the loudest times.