scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 07:41, Rewulf said:

And again , you prove that you don't really know what the EU is.

And what it aspires to be.

Why does it get representation at NATO meetings, G20 ect, if it's not a being in its own right, why does it want its own army , why does it seek a common tax policy, why does it refuse to call its members nations , refering to them as 'states', it already has its own laws and constitution, did we get a say in that ?

If you can't see it ,I can't help you.

Just keep believing theyre a trading bloc, and not really the 4th reich.

you forgot the Euro, because that has worked out really well?

I still don't understand the whole " its going to cost us?"

so long as they aren't going to empty my bank accounts what do i care, we voted out based on what we knew and what we wanted, obviously no one knew how it was going to go down how could they.

Napoleon tried it, the Germans had two goes and now some "group" of Europeans tried it another way, thankfully Mr Cameron gave us a choice and we said non/nein.

Hopefully we walk away next year with no deal, we will still go to work if the brown stuff hits the fan so what, we will be Great Britain once again.

And i wonder who will be the first to follow us out, which must really terrify the superstate.

45 minutes ago, Mice! said:

you forgot the Euro, because that has worked out really well?

I still don't understand the whole " its going to cost us?"

so long as they aren't going to empty my bank accounts what do i care, we voted out based on what we knew and what we wanted, obviously no one knew how it was going to go down how could they.

Napoleon tried it, the Germans had two goes and now some "group" of Europeans tried it another way, thankfully Mr Cameron gave us a choice and we said non/nein.

Hopefully we walk away next year with no deal, we will still go to work if the brown stuff hits the fan so what, we will be Great Britain once again.

And i wonder who will be the first to follow us out, which must really terrify the superstate.

That is why the EU leaders will try to make it as painful as possible for the UK. Negotiating in good faith, don't make me laugh.... ?? too late

Just now, Newbie to this said:

I wouldn't put it passed Germany or France to jump ship. They are going to have to make up the budget gap if they want the EU to survive. Let's face it no others can afford to.

But that would require the electorate in each country to bin either Merkel or Macron as they are firm believers in deciding the destiny of the peoples of 28 countries.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But that would require the electorate in each country to bin either Merkel or Macron as they are firm believers in deciding the destiny of the peoples of 28 countries.

You are probably right and as they are also tied into the Euro it will be a lot harder for any others to leave.

The Euro was all part of the plan on trying to make it impossible to leave, thankfully we never went down that route.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 07:41, Rewulf said:

And again , you prove that you don't really know what the EU is.

And what it aspires to be.

Why does it get representation at NATO meetings, G20 ect, if it's not a being in its own right, why does it want its own army , why does it seek a common tax policy, why does it refuse to call its members nations , refering to them as 'states', it already has its own laws and constitution, did we get a say in that ?

If you can't see it ,I can't help you.

Just keep believing theyre a trading bloc, and not really the 4th reich.

Bang on the money, ? very well put 

Has anybody else seen that idiot Mandleson has opened his mouth again. The EU paid employee now reckons that everyone who voted to leave is a "Nationalist" is this the new hate word, like Racist or "Little Briton" Bigot etc.

Well I have a word for you Peter Mandleson, its  tos-ser, go look it up

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

my money is on Holland

Holland have a problem, they hate the Germans with a hate you could only have if you had suffered what they had suffered during WW2 at the hands of the Germans. Seventy years doesn't heal that.

But, and its a big but, about 50% of the EU exports go out  through Dutch ports, Rotterdam etc. Germany would just love to undermine the Dutch shipping monopoly and feed the work through its own ports. Who needs enemies?

If Hexit happens the Germans would screw them , again

Edited by Vince Green

56 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You have to remember that more than half the countries in the EU now are bankrupt former communist countries who just go with the money and have no principles what so ever. bought votes

Edited by Vince Green

On 08/07/2018 at 11:57, Bazooka Joe said:

Personally I hope they don't, they put more spokes in the wheel, & they will be as stubborn as ever, then we walk on the 29th.

I hope so! I'd put up with a few years real hardship to be free of that EU 4th Reich!

27 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Holland have a problem, they hate the Germans with a hate you could only have if you had suffered what they had suffered during WW2 at the hands of the Germans. Seventy years doesn't heal that.

But, and its a big but, about 50% of the EU exports go out  through Dutch ports, Rotterdam etc. Germany would just love to undermine the Dutch shipping monopoly and feed the work through its own ports. Who needs enemies?

If Hexit happens the Germans would screw them , again

Vince

As you may or not be aware- I work in the Netherlands for one of the largest employers there.

Im afraid to say that my colleagues do not share your enthusiasm for BREXIT and Gert Wilders is seen as ( well, the swear filter won’t allow me to use some of heir words).

Regarding the German remarks- the most I ever hear is the same old joke, ESP when flying into a German Airport is “I want my bicycle back” with reference to when German troops were pulling back and nicked all the locals bikes 

They actually dislike the French more.......

BTW, Worked there for 18years so have a bit of an idea !!!!!!

56 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

You have to remember that more than half the countries in the EU now are bankrupt former communist countries who just go with the money and have no principles what so ever. bought votes

I think that is somewhat unfair Vince. The Visegrad countries, notably Hungary, Poland and recently the Czech Republic are putting principle before taking the money. Notably in their resistance to Merkel and the EU's forced quotas on migrants.  They have awoken and can smell the coffee, and their populist governments reflect this.

Edited by TriBsa

11 hours ago, TriBsa said:

I think that is somewhat unfair Vince. The Visegrad countries, notably Hungary, Poland and recently the Czech Republic are putting principle before taking the money. Notably in their resistance to Merkel and the EU's forced quotas on migrants.  They have awoken and can smell the coffee, and their populist governments reflect this.

Yes but its not about migrants it should be all about trade. They are not trading partners on an equal financial footing with us, and never will be.

The rules of the EU said they had to be before they could join, but those rules were flouted in 2004 and nobody seems to be asking why?.

What's the point in being locked into a trading community with countries that don't have any money to buy goods off us? but have an equal vote and can veto our plans?

Edited by Vince Green

12 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Vince

As you may or not be aware- I work in the Netherlands for one of the largest employers there.

Im afraid to say that my colleagues do not share your enthusiasm for BREXIT and Gert Wilders is seen as ( well, the swear filter won’t allow me to use some of heir words).

Regarding the German remarks- the most I ever hear is the same old joke, ESP when flying into a German Airport is “I want my bicycle back” with reference to when German troops were pulling back and nicked all the locals bikes 

They actually dislike the French more.......

BTW, Worked there for 18years so have a bit of an idea !!!!!!

I used to work in the Netherlands some 25 odd years ago, we used to drive through on the way to Germany, and had various stop off points and clients in and around Nijmeigen.
We would always have a drink in the bars on a night, because for one , it was such a good friendly atmosphere, as soon as they found out you were English, there was good conversation and much buying of beer for each other.
Whilst I never heard anyone say they hated the Germans, or the French for that matter ( They are just too damn polite for one thing!)
They didnt exactly mention their great love for them either, veiled references to the 'hunger winter' when the German army cut off food supplies to the west of the country in winter 44, causing a famine and 10s of 1000s of deaths by starvation, the eradication of Hollands Jews, and the fact that they declared neutrality, but got invaded and occupied anyway, were occasionally mentioned.

Time heals all wounds, and these days there are probably not many people around to talk about their experiences as then, any more than there are in the UK.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I used to work in the Netherlands some 25 odd years ago, we used to drive through on the way to Germany, and had various stop off points and clients in and around Nijmeigen.
We would always have a drink in the bars on a night, because for one , it was such a good friendly atmosphere, as soon as they found out you were English, there was good conversation and much buying of beer for each other.
Whilst I never heard anyone say they hated the Germans, or the French for that matter ( They are just too damn polite for one thing!)
They didnt exactly mention their great love for them either, veiled references to the 'hunger winter' when the German army cut off food supplies to the west of the country in winter 44, causing a famine and 10s of 1000s of deaths by starvation, the eradication of Hollands Jews, and the fact that they declared neutrality, but got invaded and occupied anyway, were occasionally mentioned.

Time heals all wounds, and these days there are probably not many people around to talk about their experiences as then, any more than there are in the UK.

They (the Dutch) also refer to the Germans stealing their bikes which apparently they did in WW2 for some reason. 

I was once advising on an merger between a German Bank and a Dutch Bank. Definitely no love lost there. 

I like the ‘cloggies’. As you said always up for a beer and didn’t take themselves too seriously.