Brexit - merged threads

scouser

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

If it isn't the Bank of England, it is another non-elected body scaremongering. It really is pathetic - the drip, drip of horror stories.

Just curious why you're so dismissive of their concerns. Are they exaggerating? Are they politically motivated? From my reading of their paper, they're simply saying that it's time the politicians stopped grandstanding and instead started to address the real nuts and bolts of the upcoming Brexit. Or are the concerns expressed by the RHA totally ungrounded?

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Just curious why you're so dismissive of their concerns. Are they exaggerating? Are they politically motivated? From my reading of their paper, they're simply saying that it's time the politicians stopped grandstanding and instead started to address the real nuts and bolts of the upcoming Brexit. Or are the concerns expressed by the RHA totally ungrounded?

Think its more the fact that its constant doom n gloom. So people are bored of hearing it. 

Just curious why you're so dismissive of their concerns.

Carney is one voice in the bank of England. he might be the head, but does everyone agree with him? He should not be involved in politics. If he says he is merely giving financial advice, I would need to see a polygraph strapped to his arm.

29 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Think its more the fact that its constant doom n gloom. So people are bored of hearing it. 

More annoyingly it's doom and gloom based on what they think might happen, rather than fact.

5 hours ago, Retsdon said:

If I may answer, I think Carney is exaggerating and politically motivated, he was either incompetent or lying with his financial predictions immediately after brexit and the bank of England is supposed to be politically impartial, if we were to (heaven forbid) vote in a labour government, for better or worse, the economy would very likely be drastically affected, yet the bank of England would never comment on an election, yet he will happily stick his nose in on Brexit, even after being proved totally wrong when the leave vote came in.

11 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

If I may answer, I think Carney is exaggerating and politically motivated, he was either incompetent or lying with his financial predictions immediately after brexit and the bank of England is supposed to be politically impartial, if we were to (heaven forbid) vote in a labour government, for better or worse, the economy would very likely be drastically affected, yet the bank of England would never comment on an election, yet he will happily stick his nose in on Brexit, even after being proved totally wrong when the leave vote came in.

How do you think these people get knighthoods and peerages?

14 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Carney is one voice in the bank of England. he might be the head, but does everyone agree with him? He should not be involved in politics. If he says he is merely giving financial advice, I would need to see a polygraph strapped to his arm.

Absolutely right, his role is supposed to be totally apolitical. The fact that he made statements before the referendum should have got him sacked  

On 02/08/2018 at 19:09, Mice! said:

I only did a month in Gouda, seriously nice place, in a bar one night chatting to some Dutch folk and a lass was trying to get me to pronounce something, i couldn't hear properly because of the music and had no chance. She said Germans couldn't get the pronunciation right and that's how they were spotted during the war, they haven't forgotten.

I was told that the said Germans could not pronounce the name of the town of Scheveningen? It's all in the initial Sch?

23 hours ago, Gordon R said:

If it isn't the Bank of England, it is another non-elected body scaremongering. It really is pathetic - the drip, drip of horror stories.

He needs to return to Canada? Probably will after being flipped a knighthood for services rendered?

Edited by old man

30 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

When has that ever been part of the deal?

Look how Mandelson has got away with blue murder time and time again!

True, the higher you rise the lower standards by which you are judged. The cess pool is at it's most pungent at the very top nowadays.

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes indeed, hence the rise of voters selecting unusual candidates and not from the regular professional politicians we all despise.

Exactly, a swamp creature cannot be trusted to drain the swamp as this country so surely needs..

4 minutes ago, old man said:

Had a frightening thought today, we may well end up on exit with a more clueless, inept, crooked bunch of politicos than we had by being in?

What a useless shower we have negotiating for us?

It does not matter who is negotiating! The EU want to hurt us to try and stop others leaving, it is simply not in their interest to help us. I do not think it will take long for 'no deal' to bite European countries (German cars, French wine etc) before they want to resume trade. Why give them anything voluntarily when they are being obstructive? 

Edited by hambone
has got time to improve