• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Don’t forget those that had jobs lined up planting “Money Trees “ 

What all two billion of them?

This year, my marriage has ended, I've moved from a lovely big house to a small flat, I've lost a lot of money, I've be loaded with more work, I have not been shooting, my nan passed away this week, but today, I am happy.

Labour totally misunderstood its core audience. Those voters are a world away from the people who slavishly voted Labour in the 70's. They are far better informed and educated now. The Marxist Labour Party of today is comprised of intellectuals who have no connection with ordinary people. Unless they fundamentally re-think their policies and try to re-occupy the centre ground, they are dead as a political force.

A side effect of the result - at least we wont have a DEFRA headed by Pack-man.

31 minutes ago, WestonSalop said:

Labour totally misunderstood its core audience.

And he still doesn't. It was all down to Brexit and the media because, apparently, their policies had: "Huge popular support" Err... No they didn't Jeremy. Perhaps a few diehard lefties and the entitlement sector such as students believed in the Marxist doctrine of state control and high taxes but most grown ups know that without exception, it's failed everywhere it's been tried.

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I would think the same, I was just more careful this time!:whistling:

The missus and I took Sharpies with us to vote. This is a time warp working class town with plenty of addled and wonky people around. Something of Green Party stronghold and the birthplace of Extinction Rebellion.

This morning somebody, I'm not sure if it was Corbyn or somebody speaking for him, said he had been a victim of a smear by the media. Since the labour view of the media (often repeated in the past) was that the media was controlled by jewish money it appears to a veiled anti Semitic conspiracy theory is developing.

I'm sure the Corbynistas will recognise  the hidden message in the statement. They just can't help themselves can they? 

And the rest of us will treat it with the contempt it deserves..   

Just looked for my local result,  Mrs mouse commented that she'd seen a lot of labour posters up, there was a shop in town being used as a staging post, windows entirely covered in vote Labour,  south ribble voted with an 11,000 majority for conservative, biggest in years, but the labour campaign said the tories have been letting us down, seems we do know what we want.

I just watched the interviews from after the results,  all very dignified the Labour class said they'd had the best campaign ever but it was brexit.

Funny how some are blaming Brexit and smiling when questioned on Corbyn,  while others are just outright saying Corbyn is the problem. 

Still not seen any remoaners comment yet? I imagine their in a dark room screaming or busy packing up to leave the UK to its doom.

8 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

This morning somebody, I'm not sure if it was Corbyn or somebody speaking for him, said he had been a victim of a smear by the media. Since the labour view of the media (often repeated in the past) was that the media was controlled by jewish money it appears to a veiled anti Semitic conspiracy theory is developing.

I'm sure the Corbynistas will recognise  the hidden message in the statement. They just can't help themselves can they? 

Watch Corbyn's interview after the result for Islington came in, he romped home then blaimed the media, the sun think Rupert Murdoch for attacking him, gave a speech about how good his policies were despite knowing he was getting a hiding. 

Not sure if John McDonnell has spoken yet? Andrew Neil butchered him last night.

What a result. I am still smiling over West Bromwich East that one must have been rigged. I would never have predicted such a margin 🙂  Fortunately neither did anyone else. So much green territory on the markets, come on you tories :lol:.

There are not many days you see +5% +6% +7% to start the day. 

Now all he has to do is deliver a decent deal. Now what the odds of that 😉

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

No less a Labour 'grandee' than Ken Livingstone claimed Labour's defeat was engineered by the Jewish lobby.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Have you not seen the election results lol.

I've seen the results that show a 50-50 remain leave electorate, sure. 

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Because they've killed the labour party?

Venomous might have been better.

I'm not sure that's true. Incompetence and running to the ultra left has killed the Labour Party. Comrade Corbyn's absurd Marxist agenda killed off any chance they had of winning the middle ground. Then relentlessly failing the Jewish community on Antisemitism compounded the problem. Added to his, let's say, dubious? opinions on Hamas and the IRA, then add in the purging of moderate MP's in the party, and the completely hapless individuals who are in his shadow cabinet show it's not just about Brexit. The popular vote hasn't moved on from the referendum - we're still broadly speaking 50-50 (it's slightly more complicated this time round, because to get the Leave vote up to a real 50-50 you'd have to include people who want to leave, but still voted Labour)

The problem wasn't that they were Remain, the problem was their inability to pick up remain votes to offset losses in the Red Wall. A whole shed load of seats that were won by the Tories were reasonably close with either the Lib Dems or Labour and a lot of those were in Remain-voting areas. 'Let's get Brexit done' worked because for many remain voters, the only alternative was Corbyn, which was far worse than leaving the EU. The lesser of two weevils for many remain voters is Brexit. 

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

The lesser of two weevils for many remain voters is Brexit. 

2 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

I don't think they lost only because of Brexit. I think they lost because it turned out most people weren't stupid enough to elect a bunch of hateful, envious, neo-Marxist thugs. 

This is it; I suspect a lot of people reached the conclusion that a bad Brexit (whatever you think that is), is still less bad for the economy than a Corbyn Government.  Lesser of two evils.

Easy to say with hindsight, but: We knew from 2015 that a lot of the traditional Labour heartlands would 'hold their nose and vote Tory' in order to get the referendum promised.  Now those same voters want the result respected.  Theresea May's omnishambles election could charitably be described as a delaying tactic gone wrong.

2 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

This is it; I suspect a lot of people reached the conclusion that a bad Brexit (whatever you think that is), is still less bad for the economy than a Corbyn Government.  Lesser of two evils.

Easy to say with hindsight, but: We knew from 2015 that a lot of the traditional Labour heartlands would 'hold their nose and vote Tory' in order to get the referendum promised.  Now those same voters want the result respected.  Theresea May's omnishambles election could charitably be described as a delaying tactic gone wrong.

Hence the term "least worst" option

4 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I've seen the results that show a 50-50 remain leave electorate, sure. 

No one is going to argue that in the event of another referendum it would be close. Fortunately we don't have to worry about that anymore.

Toxic may have been a harsh word but even you called them hapless. However when they lose a seat they've held for over 100 years maybe my description isn't too harsh after all.

Do labour party members have parts of their brain removed upon joining the party, I watched Baroness Sharmishta Chakrabarti this morning and she was talking like someone who had never been asked a political question before, stuttering and stammering through any question about why labour had lost, almost like shell shock, mind you she did manage to put the loss down to the media, the Tories dirty tricks and Brexit.