Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Am I the only one that has noticed that the press have not reported that the last temporary hospital in Wuhan has been closed or is it the BBC etc only want to report bad news.

By George I think you might be on to something there!:w00t:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Am I the only one that has noticed that the press have not reported that the last temporary hospital in Wuhan has been closed or is it the BBC etc only want to report bad news.

it was very very very breifly mentioned on the news 2 days ago .....if you coughed then you missed it.................the news services have their own agenda..

39 minutes ago, millrace said:

Just been reported over here,,,"when and not if schools close it will be for a minimum of 16 weeks".....

How on gods earth are working people meant to find childcare/time off work /have no wages for a min 16 weeks.....

It’s bloody crazy  it’s the elderly/care homeless they should concentrate on, as for the rest of us it’s carry on as normal.

Edited by blackbird

35 minutes ago, millrace said:

Just been reported over here,,,"when and not if schools close it will be for a minimum of 16 weeks".....

How on gods earth are working people meant to find childcare/time off work /have no wages for a min 16 weeks.....

Easter holidays, 2 weeks, then 8/9 weeks term time, then 6 weeks summer holidays. Just 8-9 weeks child care.

23 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Dear Henry,  I don't care if it is a conspiracy theory or not - its on topic and at least possible that something accidentally or wantonly went wrong, or leaked before being refined and deployed against an enemy then dressed up so peasants eating bats got the blame. The very fact that there is a germ plant so close suggests that it cannot be entirely ruled out.

Unless you think that every government working on bugs never has an accident, sabotage or just a teensy weensy trial leak.

Only in your world...

I see the US is stopping all flights to and from the UK and Ireland from tomorrow night. It was just a matter of time I suppose. 

Although really it looks like everyone is pretty much on the same path regardless.  This pic is a a few days old btw. The UK is now over 1000 cases and Italy today is up over 20,000. It's frightening how quickly this exponential growth accelerates.

a57d031839ee30b230609605e3025e590e2f6cd5

24 minutes ago, henry d said:

Easter holidays, 2 weeks, then 8/9 weeks term time, then 6 weeks summer holidays. Just 8-9 weeks child care.

If only,,,in our working home,,kids at school 5 days a week then afterschool club till we  finish work,,then same afterschool clubs opens full time during summer holidays,,  so no it really could mean 1 of us not working for this period,,,like many people this just is not feasible.......

Childcare will not be the only reason to stay at home. Many folks will be sent home through lack of work / isolation measures.

Many, many businesses will dry up with reduced demand .. restaurants, busses, suppliers who run out of materials.

Make sure you've plenty of Fiocchi's/RC/Eley/Rio  .. as they won't be making many at the moment!!

16 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Childcare will not be the only reason to stay at home. Many folks will be sent home through lack of work / isolation measures.

Many, many businesses will dry up with reduced demand .. restaurants, busses, suppliers who run out of materials.

Make sure you've plenty of Fiocchi's/RC/Eley/Rio  .. as they won't be making many at the moment!!

Off to buy some carts on Monday. Maybe optimistic as I haven't been out for a while and unlikely will due to the new baby keeping everyone busy. Have to try though. A remote pigeon hide can't be a hot bed of catching much other than boredom when they ignore the decoys 

Edited by GingerCat

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

I see the US is stopping all flights to and from the UK and Ireland from tomorrow night. It was just a matter of time I suppose. 

Although really it looks like everyone is pretty much on the same path regardless.  This pic is a a few days old btw. The UK is now over 1000 cases and Italy today is up over 20,000. It's frightening how quickly this exponential growth accelerates.

a57d031839ee30b230609605e3025e590e2f6cd5

Which makes me wonder the accuracy of the figures from China. 

18 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Any resident sleuths care to confirm or dismiss this? for Henry - I'm slightly dyslexic and forgetful but remembered to ASK about it this time rather than just post it. :)

FB_IMG_1584144635617.jpg?fbclid=IwAR0Qyr

You don't need to be a sleuth, just an ability to use the internet.

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Which makes me wonder the accuracy of the figures from China. 

Well, I'm inclined to think they're not far off. They let the epidemic get away from them in Hubei province but once they realized their mistake they locked down the whole country. Then they aggressively attacked the epidemic in Wuhan. If you were sick you had to report it on pain of punishment, nobody was allowed to go to work, only one member per household allowed out once every 4 days, etc, etc. And they built a couple of huge dedicated hospitals and drafted in teams of medical personnel from other provinces to staff them. It was a tour de force of centralized planning and logistical management that couldn't be accomplished anywhere else probably. And they tested very aggressively once they were up and running. There are articles that I could probably link to but I'm a bit busy with work stuff at the moment and don't have to search for them.

6 minutes ago, henry d said:

You don't need to be a sleuth, just an ability to use the internet.

Or just apply 5 seconds of thought to it. A virus that doesn't replicate or invade other cells for 4 days , just sits there. In the throat. No where else. Puts aside its entire purpose of replication for reasons only known to the creator of the image. Remarkably decent of it . And total bs. Might as well say hiv lives in your pinky finger for the first 3 weeks and and then only every second Tuesday does it venture out.