Caught it

Jacko3275

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear pal, a lot of us are going to be in the same boat in the coming months. I see you are in Yorkshire didn't realise it was so prevalent up there. Would you be able to post updates on here on how you are getting on, and share any advice, could be very helpful for others in due course. Sounds like you have a good immune system hopefully you will shake it off soon, good luck 👍

11 minutes ago, Teal said:

Sorry to hear pal, a lot of us are going to be in the same boat in the coming months. I see you are in Yorkshire didn't realise it was so prevalent up there. Would you be able to post updates on here on how you are getting on, and share any advice, could be very helpful for others in due course. Sounds like you have a good immune system hopefully you will shake it off soon, good luck 👍

Came home from work yesterday feeling a bit **** started coughing a little chest sore banging head ache but temp was ok woke up this morning feeling **** and my temp was 37.8 I’ll see how it goes the coming days ... probably off a foreign driver we have in at work ... I’m quite healthy so should survive no underlying health problems and am 45 

7 minutes ago, HW95J said:

Welcome to the club 👍 Not much fun is it. Difficult to know for sure without testing but ticking some of the boxes so that's me stuck indoors for the foreseeable. Taken the energy right out of me. 

Walked dogs earlier as to  cut it short out of breath poor things 

Edited by Jacko3275

Thanks for the good wishes, much appreciated. I came down with a persistent cough very quickly indeed and then progressed to aching muscles and the usual flu-type symptoms. Gone from just a regular day of working (albeit from home), to having to cancel all plans for the next few weeks. Fortunately my rural upbringing of being snowed in for weeks and having water/power supply issues never left me and I've always got supplies just in case. Supplemented these (to sensible levels not 600 rolls of TP!) recently and so we should be fairly comfortable. Already had friends offer to drop off food outside if needed.

So I'm thankful to be fairly ready for this, my thoughts go out to the elderly etc for who it will be a real challenge. Socially and otherwise. 

If I have caught the big one then with any luck I'll be immune and can help out others once recovered 

I'd love to use the time to tinker with guns etc but just not got the energy! 

8 minutes ago, HW95J said:

Thanks for the good wishes, much appreciated. I came down with a persistent cough very quickly indeed and then progressed to aching muscles and the usual flu-type symptoms. Gone from just a regular day of working (albeit from home), to having to cancel all plans for the next few weeks. Fortunately my rural upbringing of being snowed in for weeks and having water/power supply issues never left me and I've always got supplies just in case. Supplemented these (to sensible levels not 600 rolls of TP!) recently and so we should be fairly comfortable. Already had friends offer to drop off food outside if needed.

So I'm thankful to be fairly ready for this, my thoughts go out to the elderly etc for who it will be a real challenge. Socially and otherwise. 

If I have caught the big one then with any luck I'll be immune and can help out others once recovered 

I'd love to use the time to tinker with guns etc but just not got the energy! 

Agreed

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Have you been tested or made the decision yourselves?

They don’t test you at the moment as it’s a drain on the nhs on less you deteriorate ... so you put your symptoms on 111 online and do there questionnaire and it tells you what to do mine said isolate for 14 days as I don’t live alone so that what we are doing  

Edited by Jacko3275

1 minute ago, JDog said:

That's a pity on two counts. Firstly I am sorry that you have something unpleasant and secondly I have fields of drilling for this Saturday. 

I’m gutted was supposed to be at the van this Friday ... I’ll just have to take enjoyment reading about your day 

MSN have a map of the different areas and number of cases and the Yorkshire area is pretty high, along with parts of Scotland.  Obviously London and the south east due to population.

I fortunately live in a small hamlet and the old 'war' spirit has come to the fore with notes and e mails from numerous people living in the village offering help if needed. I lived through the war years where upwards of 500 a night where being killed by German bombs and the same community spirit existed back then. 

Hope your soon over it, get well soon.    

How long is it, does anyone know, till the bug is no longer contagious in a person suffering from it.  Does the bug just die away in you as you get better?

1 hour ago, Jacko3275 said:

The McClaren guy had fully recovered in 5/6 days

We have a few Pilots who were the same ( in a group who were at one of the Ski areas)

Testing not given except to one US guy who was tested on his return home as positive.

All said felt like normal cold/flu and recovered in a week.

five days later and one guy I know is back flying 

Good luck to one an all, with it, supporting someone with it or helping out others in the Community 

Just been through the drive in a at McDonald's for 2coffees had to pay via contactless and the 2coffee cups then placed in a paper bag so there was no contact with their staff, but what if they had it by handling the bag could pass it on the world's gone nuts.