Rumours of gun confiscation

rayo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Scully said:

Quite, and some don’t mention it on here at all, they just go out and shoot. 

Quite right. Went out again yesterday leicestershire rang 101 no problem. I think there's a lot of winding up going on. Just ring and go !!!.

Also went out last Monday Nottinghamshire no problem. Did ask if it was true about arrests etc as I didn't want to be in the wrong. They had heard nothing of it  !!!.

On 26/04/2020 at 15:54, mossy835 said:

so the best thing to do is stay home and just wait.

I agree with this 100%.  Our farm manager asked me to come and have a go at the pigeons on his drillings, I said I needed something in writing email would be fine.  2 weeks later nothing received from him so I haven't ventured up there..

21 minutes ago, Wingman said:

I agree with this 100%.  Our farm manager asked me to come and have a go at the pigeons on his drillings, I said I needed something in writing email would be fine.  2 weeks later nothing received from him so I haven't ventured up there..

i don’t get anything in writing if anybody needs confirmation i can have any of my perms on the phone in seconds just ring 101 and go 

40 minutes ago, Bivvytramp said:

Been told by our FAO that we are not allowed out shooting under any circumstances,

Derbyshire let me go yesterday after answering a few questions so I went and shot some crow's rooks and jackdaw. 

Just read on BASC's Instagram they are pushing for clear and consistent advice from all forces, as like with other matters some forces are deciding they are making the rules on whether you can go out or not, rather than taking the line of the advice given by the govt.

They also pointed out how it's bizarre people are advised it's acceptable to drive to and take a walk in the countryside but not acceptable to carry out essential pest control, especially around lambing. 

Strange times.

36 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Just read on BASC's Instagram they are pushing for clear and consistent advice from all forces, as like with other matters some forces are deciding they are making the rules on whether you can go out or not, rather than taking the line of the advice given by the govt.

They also pointed out how it's bizarre people are advised it's acceptable to drive to and take a walk in the countryside but not acceptable to carry out essential pest control, especially around lambing. 

Strange times.

I'd be interested to read that but don't do instagammin - could you maybe copy and paste it on here?

Thanks for that Farmboy, looks like BASC is finally making some noise for its members now, hopefully they manage to convey a mock table thumping gesture to help drive home their message. i wonder if they read some of the posts on here. :)

Edited by Dave-G

• 2 weeks later...