Call me sceptical but !!!

hodge911

How come all of a sudden on the last day of the month miraculously the covid19 testing reaches .... in fact goes well over the 100k when it has been struggling like a 1 legged duck swimming up rapids to get anywhere near.....

More porkies  from the government !!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistics?? It’s all in the way you count them! Statistics can say what you want them to say, hence the much quoted saying “there are lies, damn lies and statistics”

Why would the number be of importance? As long as its going up? The government have increased the testing exponentially!....the only people it matters to is people with an agenda, who want to criticise the government!

6 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Statistics?? It’s all in the way you count them! Statistics can say what you want them to say, hence the much quoted saying “there are lies, damn lies and statistics”

They say 64 percent of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot
82.4 percent of people believe 'em whether they're accurate statistics or not. 

21 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

How come all of a sudden on the last day of the month miraculously the covid19 testing reaches .... in fact goes well over the 100k when it has been struggling like a 1 legged duck swimming up rapids to get anywhere near.....

sceptical.

21 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

Cynical in the extreme.

How about some praise for all of the efforts that have been made?

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

You say ..more porkies ..... can you list the others please.

Where do you start. Well to quote from Boris and co - The  virus was hard to catch,it was mild, there was no need to wear masks, There was no need to cancel cheltham races, the virus dies on hard surfaces in hours, There was no need for tests, there was no problem in care homes, the Tory government knew better than the rest of the world, The virus would never be a problem here, any need to go on. This government has been negligent form day one in January. Acting to late, too little and ignoring the WHO and any medical opinion that differed from their own.  The government can be summed up in 4 words. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. 

Mind you Corbyn would have been even worse. Anyone with any brain cells  knew what was coming, I certainly did in January , WHY DID THE GOVERNMENT NOT KNOW , or did they but stuck their head in the sand hoping it would all blow over.

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

They say 64 percent of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot
82.4 percent of people believe 'em whether they're accurate statistics or not. 

Who are they

Edited by Norfolk wildfowler

10 minutes ago, Norfolk wildfowler said:

Where do you start. Well to quote from Boris and co - The  virus was hard to catch,it was mild, there was no need to wear masks, There was no need to cancel cheltham races, the virus dies on hard surfaces in hours, There was no need for tests, there was no problem in care homes, the Tory government knew better than the rest of the world, The virus would never be a problem here, any need to go on. This government has been negligent form day one in January. Acting to late, too little and ignoring the WHO and any medical opinion that differed from their own.  The government can be summed up in 3 words. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. 

Mind you Corbyn would have been even worse. Anyone with any brain cells  knew what was coming, I certainly did in January , WHY DID THE GOVERNMENT NOT KNOW , or did they but stuck their head in the sand hoping it would all blow over.

Who is they

And another one. Where does PW dredge these people up from?

5 minutes ago, Norfolk wildfowler said:

Where do you start. Well to quote from Boris and co - The  virus was hard to catch,it was mild, there was no need to wear masks, There was no need to cancel cheltham races, the virus dies on hard surfaces in hours, There was no need for tests, there was no problem in care homes, the Tory government knew better than the rest of the world, The virus would never be a problem here, any need to go on. This government has been negligent form day one in January. Acting to late, too little and ignoring the WHO and any medical opinion that differed from their own.  The government can be summed up in 3 words. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. 

Who is they

They are not porkies they are just a chronicle of how the picture changed over time as things emerged, and are still changing for that matter. I think they are doing a pretty good job in a very difficult time.  But I do agree Corbyn would have been a disaster

The 100,000 target could not be missed, there was too much riding in it. Ok they had to change the parameters slightly to make it achievable but it is still a huge achievement to get to where we are now from where we were at. Blunkett did a similar dodge with Sats but it was the pledge that was important.

Well done to everyone involved in the testing, whether it was 99,000 or 120,000 doesn’t really matter - the important thing is that the tests are getting done. 

8 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Well done to everyone involved in the testing, whether it was 99,000 or 120,000 doesn’t really matter - the important thing is that the tests are getting done. 

The important thing is that the tests are accurate. 

24 minutes ago, Norfolk wildfowler said:

Who is they

The old song about statistics. 

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

The important thing is that the tests are accurate. 

That is a very good point. 

1 minute ago, Cheshirelad said:

While the whinging whining lefties criticise everybody, the government and everybody else is doing their best to control this terrible virus. Thank god Labour aren't running the show.  :rolleyes:

I don’t think it’s the left that is upset, it is people like myself who have lost family members to Coronavirus - we are the ones who are unhappy with the situation. But even most of us realise that everyone is trying pretty hard to ease the situation. However you are correct that Corbyn would have been a disaster. Even without Corona the country have been would be in worse shape than it is now of it was under Corbyn. 

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

this so say great job the government is doing how many people are now DEAD?maybe we should get a opinion from one of their loved ones on the government or maybe not as they are planning FUNERALS! 

Sorry but I think you are being very unfair. Governments all over the world are having the same issues - think back: we had umpteen hundreds of Chinese students coming back to universities all over the UK. I'd imagine similar circumstance in USA as Chinese youth seek western education. 

5 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Sorry but I think you are being very unfair. Governments all over the world are having the same issues - think back: we had umpteen hundreds of Chinese students coming back to universities all over the UK. I'd imagine similar circumstance in USA as Chinese youth seek western education. 

thanks for the reminder most of them reacted just as slowly 

Counting gloves as singles and not a pair so it would increase the numbers of ppe . . Not counting deaths in care ..... saying ppe was not a problem 

I have a close relative who is on the front line in one of the big hospitals in london that caught it due to the LACK of ppe when the government were saying there wasn't a shortage . Ect ect .

Everyone is allowed an opinion and if you believe that they have been completely upfront and honest during this covid19 pandemic than thats up to to you . I however believe they haven't ...

12 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

it COULDNT of been stopped. End of. 

Correct it couldn't !

I didn't say that .

I.M.O the truth has not been told 100% of the time .

It is going to have an effect on the country / world for a long time yet without a doubt .