Social distancing after unlock, the answer!

henry d

7 minutes ago, AVB said:

Imagine what was going through the poor chaps head as he picked up more and more speed. 

There was a pair of them in there wasn’t there....

Bit like flying a kite next to power lines- you can just hear ‘Charlie’ saying “Never fly a kite near power lines” 

On little bit more of a serious note ...... I went to the local supermarket for our fortnightly shop yesterday and o.m.g since the "easing " of the lockdown people have gone stupid .!!! 

Prior to the easing when on the "shopping run" it was quite sensible .... people forming an orderly que and in store most people tried hard to keep the required distance recommended by the government . Yes there was the odd moron who completely ignored the instructions given over the tanoy but overall it was quite sensible. Fast forward to yesterday and it was like a black friday sale . The Muppets were all over the place picking up stuff putting it back coming and standing right next to you twice some chuffing idiot actually touched my shoulder and asked if "they could be in to get something " .

I did eventually lose it and give one of them a mouthful instructing him to stop being a **** and do as the instructions given over the speakers instructed......

And the powers to be expect it to be all rosey 😠🤐

11 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

On little bit more of a serious note ...... I went to the local supermarket for our fortnightly shop yesterday and o.m.g since the "easing " of the lockdown people have gone stupid .!!! 

Prior to the easing when on the "shopping run" it was quite sensible .... people forming an orderly que and in store most people tried hard to keep the required distance recommended by the government . Yes there was the odd moron who completely ignored the instructions given over the tanoy but overall it was quite sensible. Fast forward to yesterday and it was like a black friday sale . The Muppets were all over the place picking up stuff putting it back coming and standing right next to you twice some chuffing idiot actually touched my shoulder and asked if "they could be in to get something " .

I did eventually lose it and give one of them a mouthful instructing him to stop being a **** and do as the instructions given over the speakers instructed......

And the powers to be expect it to be all rosey 😠🤐

I’ve been visiting my other half and baby in hospital this last week. Social distancing has truly gone out of the window there. I would of thought the staff would have been extra vigilant but I’ve already lost count on how many times one of the staff has walked straight up to me when I’m obviously trying to keep my distance or walked down the middle of the corridor as I’m keeping to one side. However they are doing a brilliant job and deserve all the praise they get. I just thought they would be especially vigilant.

10 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

And the powers to be expect it to be all rosey

So what is the solution?  The facts are that;

• People being incapable of or unwilling to follow basic instructions isn't the fault of 'the powers that be' and our local supermarket does try to make it simple with markers and marshals
  • People have to shop occasionally (like you, I have cut mine to once a fortnight), and also get items for vulnerable people whilst there.
  • Shop on line and have delivered isn't available for all (insufficient capacity in the system) - and you don't get an idea of what is in stock/out of stock very well

The three times I have been so far, people have been pretty good, but I go 'out of peak time'.  I have to go next week, so it will be interesting to see if the (very minor and actually unrelated to shopping) change in rules has changed peoples habits.

Fine in our supermarket this morning. Everyone behaving themselves as they should be.

However, it would appear that the A 686 has reverted back to its normal use as a race track for numpties! I had just commented to the OH that I was surprised we hadn’t seen any bikers when an M3 BMW came skewing around a corner, followed by another, and then another, all racing and being driven by lads who looked about 12. And then the next car was an open topped Lamborghini, followed by a Ferrari and then at least half a dozen super cars! No sooner had they gone than a number of various Porsche’s hove into view. I have no idea what speed any of them were doing, but it wasn’t 50. Ah well, normality resumes .🙂

Edited to add: OH has just told me that local news has just reported that police in Keswick had turned back a number of supercar owners this afternoon. 😀

Edited by Scully

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, with reference to the return of Schools and Colleges not being able to find a solution on the Government proposal i have just seen a gathering of 20 plus young people and none were doing any kind of social distancing,

Probably from Norfolk. 

7A1D9E31-0913-4A06-9FC4-26C9771429FC.jpeg

I went to ASDA yesterday to shop just after it opened but later got an email saying I had a parcel to collect there and in retrospect I should have waited to collect it! In the morning there were few people and most stayed well apart, but in the afternoon it was rammed and people were not bothering to respect any kind of social distancing, I looked at one woman who was aiming to walk straight at me and said "2 metres!" who then looked at me like I had 💩 in her handbag! Scotland are going to get another spike soon if the rest of the country is like that.