More restrictions possible in England (and Wales)

discobob

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a real chance here that all this could backfire. Even the british will only put up with so much and widespread fines and arrests could end in mass disobedience. The recent fines imposed on 2 ladies walking around a reseviour or the elderly lady fined for sitting and drinking coffee is a step too far - easy targets for an over zelous police force who are already suffering a major popularity crisis. While people like Cummings escape there can be little faith or trust in a government whose lackadaisical approach allowed this disaster to walk into our country in  the first place. Bojo needs to learn that leading from the front is the only answer and that pushing from behind will only lead to his downfall. When this farcical situation is over and fear turns to anger, the country will be looking for a scapegoat.

Well something needs sorting, just been to Asda near me as I hand sanitised my hands and trolley at least 10 people walked past and didn't bother, needs controling more by the big shops, never going to work unless everyone has some sort of self discipline and think of others, wint be going again now will use the local shops by me until all of this is sorted

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

I think there is a real chance here that all this could backfire. Even the british will only put up with so much and widespread fines and arrests could end in mass disobedience. The recent fines imposed on 2 ladies walking around a reseviour or the elderly lady fined for sitting and drinking coffee is a step too far - easy targets for an over zelous police force who are already suffering a major popularity crisis. While people like Cummings escape there can be little faith or trust in a government whose lackadaisical approach allowed this disaster to walk into our country in  the first place. Bojo needs to learn that leading from the front is the only answer and that pushing from behind will only lead to his downfall. When this farcical situation is over and fear turns to anger, the country will be looking for a scapegoat.

Hello, have to agree bruno, and need to add a few more oh many more to to Cummings list, ?

3 minutes ago, lampro said:

Well something needs sorting, just been to Asda near me as I hand sanitised my hands and trolley at least 10 people walked past and didn't bother, needs controling more by the big shops, never going to work unless everyone has some sort of self discipline and think of others, wint be going again now will use the local shops by me until all of this is sorted

This ^^^^

I went in Tesco the other evening about 9.30pm and there were only a few people in there but about half were not wearing masks

My local Tesco Express is slap bang next door to the local Police Station - a percentage of the Police Officers do not where masks when in the store. I would say it's a lower percentage than the public, but still.

Personally I think a curfew is unlikely in England.

Can't help but think it would be a good step for the Government to actually be a bit more precise on the rules - "local" for a start is very ambiguous...

34 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

I actually put the telly on this morning and this was being discussed,  two individuals fined for DRIVING to meet up and taking a walk, never mind Cummings, he should have known better, they showed Tottenham arriving to play Marine last night, the streets were packed with people cheek to jowl, police present yet not a fine handed out, now that's ridiculous. 

But I think your right, people will only be pushed so far, too people keeping their distance having a chat, what's wrong with that? It was pointed out that if they had cycled there then nothing would have been said??

39 minutes ago, lampro said:

The shops can't enforce this, same as masks it's all voluntary, unless every shop puts security on the doors it won't change.

53 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

I agree, I don't think we're far away from it

I find it strange that in some places, according to many on here, there appears to be a low level on compliance yet my own personal experience is a high level of compliance. I’ve been on trains, the tube, large shops, small shops, shopping centres, cities and villages and I can probably count on one hand the number of people I have seen without a mask when they were supposed to be wearing one. 

4 minutes ago, AVB said:

I find it strange that in some places, according to many on here, there appears to be a low level on compliance yet my own personal experience is a high level of compliance. I’ve been on trains, the tube, large shops, small shops, shopping centres, cities and villages and I can probably count on one hand the number of people I have seen without a mask when they were supposed to be wearing one. 

I have not been on public transport but compliance here is pretty good. 

Make wearing a mask in any internal public area the law. 

If you can’t wear a mask, have someone shop (or whatever) for you. I think we all know know that (for other than SEN) there is no reason not to wear one, it is total p00p. 

Edited by markm

8 minutes ago, AVB said:

Where I shop its mostly pretty good, but there has to be a reason why cases aren't dropping in some areas, near me for instance Blackburn,  its rates have constantly been high.

But you can normally spot someone not wearing a mask in most places.

3 minutes ago, markm said:

Make wearing a mask in any internal public area the law. If you can’t wear a mask, have someone shop (or whatever) for you. I think we all know know that (for other than SEN) their is no reason not to wear, it is total p00p. 

Please refrain from being so sensible, you'll never get people to abide!

If you can't wear a mask, wear a screen, there should be no excuse on the basis of medical grounds (or any other I can think of). Costco implemented this before XMAS and enforced it. At the time they allowed members to admit one guest but I suspect that has now been suspended. The were enforcing the mask / screen rule within the store, not just at the point of entry.

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

If you can't wear a mask, wear a screen, there should be no excuse on the basis of medical grounds (or any other I can think of). Costco implemented this before XMAS and enforced it. At the time they allowed members to admit one guest but I suspect that has now been suspended. The were enforcing the mask / screen rule within the store, not just at the point of entry.

but didn't stop one woman - who only had the mask on one ear while holding the other side and moving it away from her mouth to shout to her mate about 3 meters away!!

Went back to work this morning, and the daughter of the house is back to school on Thursday for an exam. She doesn’t HAVE to go, but wants to, for an hour and a half.
Her mother then told me that just prior to the Christmas break up she kept her daughter off school because in one year eleven students and three teachers tested positive. So when I asked the obvious question she just shrugged! Ah well.

Meanwhile, watching a bit of the football yesterday, I saw one player empty the contents of his nose onto the pitch, while his mates were spitting at every opportunity! No doubt they’d all be rolling about in it at some time during the game, and at the final whistle they were all over each other! Is it me? 
When I become PM I will make spitting in a public place illegal. 🙂

I wear a mask for work or I will when I go back. The blue ones that you see everyone wearing or not. I was reliably told by my wife that they offer little protection at all from covid. If someone coughs on you who has covid and not wearing a mask and you are. The chances of you still contracting the virus from that person is very high to almost certain.

They do however stop you transmitting it to others, The virus can get in through the front but cannot get out.

Edited by fatchap

It's the idiots we have amongst us who are to blame not the guvmint I know we could have mixed ay Christmas but we stayed at home instead.

Troops and guns the only answer. My Nephew went for a break abroad just before Christmas. Was supposed to isolate when he got home. No way, he was out at his mates house. Also went away at Christmas to be with a group of mates. He lives with his 75year old sick mum.