Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It's just so silly. I kind of love it.

we were sitting out in the front with a G&T yesterday afternoon whilst the roast cooked, now the down jacket's come out of the cupboard again. We do live on a bizarre little island

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, yates said:

Bizarre isn’t it. But was good to have a few beers in the garden, particularly with my daughter who I have not seen for the past year

Not wrong Yates,  was good to get a few beers out there yesterday, started hailstoning while I was walking the dog at 6 30 this morning then snow straight after.

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

It's just so silly. I kind of love it.

we were sitting out in the front with a G&T yesterday afternoon whilst the roast cooked, now the down jacket's come out of the cupboard again. We do live on a bizarre little island

Still wouldn't live anywhere else in the world though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scobydog said:

Not wrong Yates,  was good to get a few beers out there yesterday, started hailstoning while I was walking the dog at 6 30 this morning then snow straight after.

Still wouldn't live anywhere else in the world though. 

There's the truth

My nephew, who's 10 and wears shorts 11 and a half months of the year, has had to resort to trousers...whilst walking to his kayaking lesson on the Nene! So pleasing to see nothing stops him from being outdoors and active.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forecast was for around 7 degrees here today. JuT got back from walking the dog and the wind is bitter admittedly, and the thinnest smattering of snow, but it’s a gorgeous day.

The Lakes Fells are in stark relief with snow topped peaks against a clear blue sky. 
The wind will make for some interesting clays later on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Forecast was for around 7 degrees here today. JuT got back from walking the dog and the wind is bitter admittedly, and the thinnest smattering of snow, but it’s a gorgeous day.

The Lakes Fells are in stark relief with snow topped peaks against a clear blue sky. 
The wind will make for some interesting clays later on. 

Was in Skirwith on Saturday, stunning day on the crows and woodies. A couple of little bits of snow in various spots on the tops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, scobydog said:

Was in Skirwith on Saturday, stunning day on the crows and woodies. A couple of little bits of snow in various spots on the tops.

Pleased you had a good day! 🙂

Were you on yesterday also? Loads of shooting going on locally yesterday, to the extent I thought I was hearing the range at Warcop. 

17 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Planted two rows of carrot seeds yesterday...went and put a "fleece" over the rows at 7pm yesterday. My garlic however, planted in February, is thriving. It loves cold and frost!

The woods are really aromatic at the moment with the wild garlic; our local butcher mixes it in with his sausages. Lish! 😋

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scully said:

The woods are really aromatic at the moment with the wild garlic; our local butcher mixes it in with his sausages. Lish! 😋

Sounds tasty! My seven year old used to come back from having been out in "the bush" near Benin City with his grandfather (my father in law) them both having found some and eaten it much to my wife's disgust!

Edited by enfieldspares
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Scully said:

Pleased you had a good day! 🙂

Were you on yesterday also? Loads of shooting going on locally yesterday, to the extent I thought I was hearing the range at Warcop. 

The woods are really aromatic at the moment with the wild garlic; our local butcher mixes it in with his sausages. Lish! 😋

Not yesterday Scully, that might have been the shoot next door doing the corvids, saw a lot on their  ground on Saturday and last Thursday. Might be up again on Thursday though work depending.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, henry d said:

We have had a lovely few days here in Tyneside, lots of sun on the skin, but we will have to make do with the sun room today!

Same here henry, lovely blue sky, no clouds but very cold/cutting wind. Snow all but disappeared now.

Edited by scobydog
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scobydog said:

Not yesterday Scully, that might have been the shoot next door doing the corvids, saw a lot on their  ground on Saturday and last Thursday. Might be up again on Thursday though work depending.

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scobydog said:

Not wrong Yates,  was good to get a few beers out there yesterday, started hailstoning while I was walking the dog at 6 30 this morning then snow straight after.

Still wouldn't live anywhere else in the world though. 

It seems like a lot of people who don't live here have the same mindset but not because of the weather (££££££) jmho

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're enjoying the 2nd of 3 bitterly cold nights in a row here with snow flurries on & off, temps -3 with wind chill making it feel much worse.

I've brought my Larsen traps in from the exposed areas and put them under shelters with windbreaks.  Wouldn't be very nice to see the call birds freeze to death and fall off their perches in the night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...