ditchman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

figures released this morning for this year to date ..18,000.........(thats not including the ones who have disappeared off the beach..)

Is that just the dinghys?? does it include the ones in trucks, peoples boots etc... Plenty of routes into the country

A week of good weather ahead - that will be an increase - I bet they are slapping the factor 50 on as we speak!!!

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

figures released this morning for this year to date ..18,000.........(thats not including the ones who have disappeared off the beach..)

Makes you wonder why they would do a runner after making it to such a safe country? 🤔

On 10/10/2021 at 12:09, ditchman said:

not looking to start a political aguement here .......just stating the following in disbelief....

Reported by "Media" just now

Friday and saturday saw 1100 boat / dingy migrants land on our coast..............................(now get this)

Government verbal response............"we are dealing very effectively with this situation".......

(well **** my old boots thank god for that , we can all breathe a sigh of relief now)

Whatever the failings of the government, the migrants, whether they be fleeing persecution or otherwise, are welcome here as far as I’m concerned. The UK is a nation of different nationalities and cultures and goodness me, we need hard working individuals to contribute the economy.

Edited by Listy

7 minutes ago, Listy said:

Whatever the failings of the government, the migrants, whether they be fleeing persecution or otherwise, are welcome here as far as I’m concerned. The UK is a nation of different nationalities and cultures and goodness me, we need hard working individuals to contribute the economy.

some truth in what you say..........but you really need to wake up and smell the coffee:good:

21 minutes ago, ditchman said:

some truth in what you say..........but you really need to wake up and smell the coffee:good:

29 minutes ago, Listy said:

What planet are you on.

1 hour ago, Listy said:

Surely your fishing for sport? 

3 hours ago, fern01 said:

A leaked report reveals that 40% of all channel crossing migrants are from Albania

There is no war there so they are NOT refugees fleeing from conflict and they have no right to be here

Yes and they are being minibussed direct from Albania to the channel ports in two days by the people trafficking gangs.

You can't tell me the countries they travel through don't know what's going on.  But  they just wave them through 

6 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Yes and they are being minibussed direct from Albania to the channel ports in two days by the people trafficking gangs.

You can't tell me the countries they travel through don't know what's going on.  But  they just wave them through 

Of course they do, move the problem on, let the good old UK take them ALL!

12 hours ago, Listy said:

Go on - I'm waiting for the punchline........Shouldn't you have posted this into the Jokes section?? :D

While what you say would be right in an ideal world unfortunately we are not in one and indeed, are moving further away each day (news broadcast?)

17 hours ago, Listy said:

We need hard working people to contribute to the economy it's true. They are generally the ones who come through the official channels 

The ones who resort to criminality to get in here are much more likely to resort to criminality once they are here because legitimate work opportunities are closed to them. 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

We need hard working people to contribute to the economy it's true. They are generally the ones who come through the official channels 

The ones who resort to criminality to get in here are much more likely to resort to criminality once they are here because legitimate work opportunities are closed to them. 

I couldn't have worded that anywhere near as well. 

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Spot on.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Where are the official channels? If they exist they are too hard to access, poorly resourced, unintelligible to interested parties. Perhaps if we set out who we would allow and had a process in place to enable them to come the less desirable could be weeded.

To my mind this is the crux of the problem. A govt that sees itself as having a mandate to deter all and any migration legitimate or otherwise. Spurred on by the headlines in the daily mail, and a xenophobic public they are creating the very problem they are trying to resolve.

49 minutes ago, oowee said:

Where are the official channels? If they exist they are too hard to access, poorly resourced, unintelligible to interested parties.

The official channels are writing or emailing the nearest UK  embassy or consulate , and applying for a visa.
If you have a needed skill or qualification, these are the official channels.

If you think this is too difficult or hard to access, or unintelligible ... But travelling overland for thousands of miles , to cross into Europe, then waiting in a jungle style camp for months , before your night time ride in a leaky dinghy across the busiest shipping lane in the world, is easier, then we need to have a reality check.

55 minutes ago, oowee said:

To my mind this is the crux of the problem. A govt that sees itself as having a mandate to deter all and any migration legitimate or otherwise.

A legitimate migrant is just that, one that uses 'proper channels' and doesnt need to arrive in a dinghy.

55 minutes ago, oowee said:

a xenophobic public

Why do you think they are like that ?

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Where are the official channels? If they exist they are too hard to access, poorly resourced, unintelligible to interested parties. Perhaps if we set out who we would allow and had a process in place to enable them to come the less desirable could be weeded.

To my mind this is the crux of the problem. A govt that sees itself as having a mandate to deter all and any migration legitimate or otherwise. Spurred on by the headlines in the daily mail, and a xenophobic public they are creating the very problem they are trying to resolve.

You could equally say, where are the services to help the UK's old, poor, homeless, mentally ill, even the working class who are now struggling to feed their families and unable to get dentists, hospital appointments, surgery ect. My list could go on and on. If we can't fix our own major issues first, why should the British public pay for people who aren't citizens, when they can't even pay for their own needs? 

Once that's sorted, I'm all for helping others. 

50 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The official channels are writing or emailing the nearest UK  embassy or consulate , and applying for a visa.
If you have a needed skill or qualification, these are the official channels. Not for refugees. 

If you think this is too difficult or hard to access, or unintelligible ... But travelling overland for thousands of miles , to cross into Europe, then waiting in a jungle style camp for months , before your night time ride in a leaky dinghy across the busiest shipping lane in the world, is easier, then we need to have a reality check. There is virtually no other way for a refugee. 

A legitimate migrant is just that, one that uses 'proper channels' and doesnt need to arrive in a dinghy. Migrant yes. refugee no.

Why do you think they are like that ? Because they are scared of anything they don't know or thats a little different. Typical little england i don't leave the valley syndrome. 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

You could equally say, where are the services to help the UK's old, poor, homeless, mentally ill, even the working class who are now struggling to feed their families and unable to get dentists, hospital appointments, surgery ect. My list could go on and on. If we can't fix our own major issues first, why should the British public pay for people who aren't citizens, when they can't even pay for their own needs? 

Once that's sorted, I'm all for helping others. 

Yes your right and i heard on saturday that school kids in Brixham (or close to) cant get in schools as they are full of Ukrainian kids. This is not right. We must address these issues too. They don't have to be mutually exclusive. We need a government that works not one that spends the last year fending off complaints and arguing about its navel. 

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not for refugees. 

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

There is virtually no other way for a refugee. 

These  'refugees' fleeing war and persecution, seem rather selective about where they seek refuge ?

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Typical little england i don't leave the valley syndrome. 

Sounds like someone being xenophobic to me 😆

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

These  'refugees' fleeing war and persecution, seem rather selective about where they seek refuge ?

Sounds like someone being xenophobic to me 😆

Your right most by far choose Europe over the UK.