Leather boot recommendation

20 minutes ago, shootingmike said:

Can anyone recommend any full leather boots that don’t cost more than a small car? Preferably tall(ish), looked at the Jack Pyke hunters and the Hoggs Aanoch so far….

Matterhorn. Irish Setter. Brandecosse. 

If they do a style which suits your needs, my Royal Scot Toul slip on boots are impressing me with their looks, quality and comfort. Certainly keeping me stable on the usual rough farmland. With an undercoat of Dubbin before giving them a polish they clean up nicely.

5 hours ago, shootgun said:

Hanwag ! Best out there...

I have used Meindl Dovre Extremes for many season and love them. But last season I bought a pair of Hanwags at a good price and they are every bit as good and not as heavy, my next pair will be Hanwag.

Danner Acadia, an American brand. Heavy by today's standards but mine are 25 years plus and still no sign of wearing out.

Whatever you decide, never, ever buy second hand, they're broken to someone else's foot and will only cause problems.

Haix Combat boots is what I use, 4 seasons so far and no sign of issues or leaks.

As above, not second hand used but , a new issued pair unworn will take about 20 miles to get comfortable but after that they wear well.

17 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

I have used Meindl Dovre Extremes for many season and love them. But last season I bought a pair of Hanwags at a good price and they are every bit as good and not as heavy, my next pair will be Hanwag.

Agree, and the only pair of boots i ever had which doesn't require breaking in when new... soft as a glove !

18 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

Another vote for Meindl, I have a pair of Meindl Island GTX. Comfortable out of the box, I went straight out for a 25 mile hike and my feet were fine. They have held up when beating and I must say I haven't really treated them well, just rinse the mud off before putting them away each week. 

Bought a pair of Altberg Kisdons this spring after decades of Meindls ,the Altbergs have turned out to be more comfy than any I`ve had previously and have very good soles grip wise. Never had a bad pair of Meindls as far as workmanship and longevity either.

On 02/08/2022 at 07:30, Loki said:

Hi

Alterberg will make them to fit your feet..........so 'bespoke'.

L

They will. But have you looked into the price? Most of their boots are made in Italy. They do do a good fit because they do five width fitting and half sizes. 

1 minute ago, Loki said:

Hi Tightchoke

Sure, and Altberg did for me (one peg is 8.5 other 9.0?), okay few years back now, with a second fitting 2/3 months later to check fit, before final collection!

L

Yes, worth the time and money!