The King has asked Harry to wear uniform. WHY.?

Rem260

Does this mean any ex forces person can now wear thier uniform to a funeral or rememberence service.. Or any other service police, fire ect.

I can not understand this change of etiquette.

I consider myself a royalist but given the Kings past debatable comments on matters of government policies I am now questioning if he demands the same respect I gave to the Queen.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The royals usually retain their rank in honorary capacity after leaving the armed forces. I believe Harry was stripped of that privilege, but as a father myself I'd guess that in this case Charles is trying to pour oil on troubled waters. No one wants to be at loggerheads with their own son.

4 minutes ago, Westward said:

The royals usually retain their rank in honorary capacity after leaving the armed forces. I believe Harry was stripped of that privilege, but as a father myself I'd guess that in this case Charles is trying to pour oil on troubled waters. No one wants to be at loggerheads with their own son.

The Queen stripped him of this privilege and as she oversaw the details of her funeral. I would have imagined that this would have come up. So is this going against her wishes.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

if he hadnt married that wretched woman in the first place we wouldnt be having this conversation...

Are you 100% sure that everything you think you know about her is correct?

Basically you are saying that you believe everything the media says about her is true, do you really think the press tell the truth?

I can't say that I know anything at all about her but I can see the media are painting as bad a picture as they possibly can at every single opportunity. 

13 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Are you 100% sure that everything you think you know about her is correct?

Basically you are saying that you believe everything the media says about her is true, do you really think the press tell the truth?

I can't say that I know anything at all about her but I can see the media are painting as bad a picture as they possibly can at every single opportunity. 

we will see..............time will tell

As we say in Cornwall "Matter do it"? I would rather see "that lady" holding hands with Harry, whether he is in uniform or not, than have the paedo promoted to almost deputy king!

Try using your imagination whether a Royalist or not, the family are grieving and doing it in public with the Daily Fail and Express slagging Harry and Megan at every opportunity. He had to follow his mother's coffin so the memories must be horrific!

1 hour ago, Sussexboy said:

See here……

https://www.forces.net/news/princess-anne-70-military-titles-and-patronages

It seems it must be struggle to decide which uniform to wear! Although of course she chooses the senior service.

In my opinion it's an insult to those who wore the uniform in defense of their country, I've been to Mc Donalds, maybe I should be an honorary Clown.

Matter do it indeed.

All those on here complaining: how, exactly, does it affect you in the least in your daily lives?

Royals have donned military uniform since time immemorial, and actually Harry & Andrew are the only ones in recent memory to have got anywhere near a front line.

In the nicest possible way: Turn off your TVs and go out shooting.

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m not disagreeing with you, I just wondered what you think we would gain, as opposed to what we’d lose, if it was all over? 

We wouldn't gain anything, but I think the heyday of the Royal Family is long gone. There is a lot of Anti Royal feeling bubblimg in the background, many people are facing financial ruin and some unable to feed their families while they sit and watch this pomp and ceremony, Charles has just inherited 650 million that he will not be paying tax on while people on minimum wages pay tax, added to that the estimated 40 million it's going to cost the tax payer to put a crown on his head. Enough is enough and Charlie boy most likely knows that he holds the future of the Royals in his hand, get this charade out of the way because it's doing nobody any good. 

Just now, Bobba said:

What charade?

Sort of sums it up. Nothing more needs to be said.

I knew some half wit would take the bait.