Leicester and Birmingham

fern01

2 hours ago, Wymondley said:

For anyone that doesn't understand the background to this, a good place to start would be to look up the partition of India.

Yep. Like the now notorious interview in the 1970s or 1980s when a reporter asked a black Rhodesian (or it may have been black South African) soldier as to if they felt it wrong that he should be killing other black Africans. To which the reply was along the lines of what did the reporter think black Africans had been doing to other black Africans for the past nine hundred years! That it was nothing new. Leicester and Birmingham? That's nothing new either.

Funnily enough I remember a programme about 20 years ago that went into the 2 communities and cricket was discussed as we were hosting the world cup. When asked to British born 2nd/3rd generations who they would support in the world cup they all stated Pakistan or India not England.

Edited by Rem260

Its got nothing to do with cricket. I'm local and this is a hatred between 2 groups that is as old as the hills... think catholic and protestant in Ireland but going much further back in time. what I've been hearing is this has been sparked off by a far right hindu group - an eqivalent of something like the EDL - influencing gangs of hindu lads to pick on/beat up lone muslims- including women. 

Reported in the news this morning. A lot of the tension has been caused by fake news of attacks and incidents on social media that can only reasonably be seen as intended to cause the trouble that it did.

Both sides are as guilty as each other. But it shouldn't be happening on the streets of Leicester 

I’m a big fan of Douglas Murray. What we are seeing now underlines the failure of integration in historic multicultural immigration policy as British born fight British born over a foreign cricket match.

Looking at the enclaves around Birmingham, Bradford, Walsall and Leicester etc we all see it and know it, but nothing is done because of the depressing reality that nothing can be done when race or a religion are at the centre. The northern rape gangs are another fine example of the mess we have got ourselves in.

5 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Reported in the news this morning. A lot of the tension has been caused by fake news of attacks and incidents on social media that can only reasonably be seen as intended to cause the trouble that it did.

Both sides are as guilty as each other. But it shouldn't be happening on the streets of Leicester 

I'm sure that's the latest spark that's ignited this particular conflict, although I'm suspicious of that claim as msm are trying to divert away from the clear problem of uncontrollable migration being the route cause of this and instead trying to blame social media, which could then be controlled by banning any talk of migration being a problem. 

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm sure that's the latest spark that's ignited this particular conflict, although I'm suspicious of that claim as msm are trying to divert away from the clear problem of uncontrollable migration being the route cause of this and instead trying to blame social media, which could then be controlled by banning any talk of migration being a problem. 

Its nothing to do with any uncontrolled migration. This is two communities that have been firmly rooted in Leicester since the 60s...the lads rioting on the street are the 3rd or 4th generation born in england. That makes them english whether you - or they - like it or not.

You won't find many gujurati Hindu's or Pakistani's on the ribs coming over the channel every day.

1 hour ago, MirokuMK70 said:

Its nothing to do with any uncontrolled migration. This is two communities that have been firmly rooted in Leicester since the 60s...the lads rioting on the street are the 3rd or 4th generation born in england. That makes them english whether you - or they - like it or not.

You won't find many gujurati Hindu's or Pakistani's on the ribs coming over the channel every day.

I think you've completly missed the point, it's a totally imported problem with groups of people with completely opposing views and incompatible ideologys coming in, it's now too late and I'm obviously not suggesting deporting British citizens, but it shows we as a country need to be careful how immigration is done. Controlled migration is very positive, how we're doing it, especially the last few decades is not. 

2 hours ago, MirokuMK70 said:

It started with Blair, multiculturalism and most importantly multiculturalism without integration and assimilation. We could have made entry to the UK conditional on swearing allegiance, speaking English and leaving all baggage at the door but we didn’t. 

Like I said, I’m a big fan of Douglas Murray and would recommend everyone start with The Strange Death of Europe and The War on the West.

26 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think you've completly missed the point, it's a totally imported problem with groups of people with completely opposing views and incompatible ideologys coming in, it's now too late and I'm obviously not suggesting deporting British citizens, but it shows we as a country need to be careful how immigration is done. Controlled migration is very positive, how we're doing it, especially the last few decades is not. 

Absolutely 

19 hours ago, Mungler said:

I’m a big fan of Douglas Murray. What we are seeing now underlines the failure of integration in historic multicultural immigration policy as British born fight British born over a foreign cricket match.

Looking at the enclaves around Birmingham, Bradford, Walsall and Leicester etc we all see it and know it, but nothing is done because of the depressing reality that nothing can be done when race or a religion are at the centre. The northern rape gangs are another fine example of the mess we have got ourselves in.

Last paragraph I’d argue especially the rape gangs(ie something can be done), the CPS/Home office hasn’t the minerals to enforce the law to the letter. Girls are having to see the perpetrators almost daily unless they themselves leave the area.

As for it being a Blair problem(I’d love to blame him as I think he should be tried for war crimes) it coincided with a huge sway of live let live/embrace everyone else in a societal nature. Currently to call anyone to account you have to fulfil a checklist to ensure they aren’t offended/rights aren’t violated. 🙄

Edited by Hicky