Happy birthday to Marsh man (Three score years & fifteen today)

Old Boggy

Good morning John,

Hopefully I’ve got the date and years right, so would like to take the opportunity to wish you a very happy birthday for today.

No doubt that Ann will tend to your every need today, so make the best of it.

Whatever you do today and I’m sure it will involve either Bobbie or a gun, or both, have a good day.

Best regards,

Chris

Good morning all and many THANKS for Chris for telling half the world how young I am , tell yer what , for those who haven't reached the milestone of three quarters of a century it don't feel any different from being 74 but I am sure it will in the coming days:lol:

Hopefully the rain we should be getting soon will pass before it get dark , I can then have my first trip down the marsh to see if getting one or two more duck is still in me , I look back and it was exactly 15 years I packed up work today , it was on a Friday and I was back out there the next day as we had a shoot on the Saturday , this time I have got a couple of days rest before another shoot this Saturday , I can honestly vouch when the ole saying was , as you get older the time will go quicker is as true as night will follow day , so to all of you lovely people , make the most of the time you are here as it ain't going to last for ever :drinks: 

11 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Good morning all and many THANKS for Chris for telling half the world how young I am , tell yer what , for those who haven't reached the milestone of three quarters of a century it don't feel any different from being 74 but I am sure it will in the coming days:lol:

Hopefully the rain we should be getting soon will pass before it get dark , I can then have my first trip down the marsh to see if getting one or two more duck is still in me , I look back and it was exactly 15 years I packed up work today , it was on a Friday and I was back out there the next day as we had a shoot on the Saturday , this time I have got a couple of days rest before another shoot this Saturday , I can honestly vouch when the ole saying was , as you get older the time will go quicker is as true as night will follow day , so to all of you lovely people , make the most of the time you are here as it ain't going to last for ever :drinks: 

Morning John,

I knew that your birthday would involve a trip down the marsh. We`ve already got the rain which is due to go over by about twelve, so your belt of rain should be done by about 3pm to enable you to do an evening flight.

You`re so right about the time passing quickly and to make the most of it. The mind is still very active at our time of life, but that`s sometimes let down by creaking bones and aching muscles, but we must carry on regardless.

Enjoy your day.

Kind regards,

Chris

Happy 75th birthday marshman. It's a credit to you that you are still fit and able to go down to the mash, and shoot your few duck, as they say your made of good stuff👍 In a age where people are getting diagnosed with all sorts at very young age, no one knows what's around the corner. I always enjoy reading posts, from past and present.. I hope you had a bit of luck this evening if you did venture out,  and a pair or two came back peddling into your chosen spot.

9 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Morning John,

I knew that your birthday would involve a trip down the marsh. We`ve already got the rain which is due to go over by about twelve, so your belt of rain should be done by about 3pm to enable you to do an evening flight.

You`re so right about the time passing quickly and to make the most of it. The mind is still very active at our time of life, but that`s sometimes let down by creaking bones and aching muscles, but we must carry on regardless.

Enjoy your day.

Kind regards,

Chris

Evening Chris  . Yes another milestone reached and touch wood the mind is still active , more than I can say about the rest of the body , still no complaints :good:

9 hours ago, old'un said:

Happy birthday mate :drinks:…..yep, time does seem to go quicker the older you get, make the most of your day and hope you have many more.:good:

Many THANKS :good:

7 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

happy birthday marshman  i always look forward to your posts we really do have some good guys on this forum any you are one of them 

i hope you have a fantastic day.

rob

Many THANKS Rob :good:

7 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Happy Birthday John and may you enjoy many more to come 🍻🤝. Hopefully you will get out and bag yourself a Birthday Goose which I've achieved for several years and hope to do this coming Saturday 🙏

Evening Boyd ... No goose on the menu tonight , the rain stopped mid afternoon and with the cloud cover I thought I would go for a Wigeon flight , a nice blow when I went a little after four and I had all the marshes to myself , we have now got splashes on most of the marshes so it make it a bit more difficult to get it right , we had one big dark cloud that looked like I was going to get wet but that passed and left the sky as clear as a bell ,once the stars came out I more or less knew that if a duck don't present itself soon then I ain't going to get a shot as the ole eyes are not as sharp as they once were , and it ended up a blank that will join the list of 100s of the same , still I saw a few duck get off another splash on the way home so we will see what that one produce the next time I venture on these marshes , tomorrow I will have go on mine now at long last the cattle have finally been taken off .

GOOD LUCK Saturday and Many Happy Returns .  MM 

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Have a great day/ eve MM, You look to have a good few years in you yet

Cheers islandgun ... Hope your foot is on the mend .:drinks:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

keep a sampling that norfolk air boi..:good::ernyha:

Yea , I certainly get plenty of that , good job we don't have to pay for it :lol:

1 hour ago, pigeon controller said:

Have a great day, and many more.

THANKS P C ..... You can't be that far behind me , although I doubt you will ever catch me up , mind you , lifting those sack full of pigeons I always considered you as super human so who knows:lol:

28 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

have a good day,MM

THANKS mossey , Keep you on getting a few :good:

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Happy Birthday John.   :good:

THANKS Dave , Hope you are keeping well .

3 minutes ago, Krico woodcock said:

Happy 75th birthday marshman. It's a credit to you that you are still fit and able to go down to the mash, and shoot your few duck, as they say your made of good stuff👍 In a age where people are getting diagnosed with all sorts at very young age, no one knows what's around the corner. I always enjoy reading posts, from past and present.. I hope you had a bit of luck this evening if you did venture out,  and a pair or two came back peddling into your chosen spot.

Evening Krico . Yes I laugh and joke about ole age but a lot of my mates who I roamed around the marshes with are no longer with us and I seem to be one of the last men standing , or sitting down when I am shooting , yes I did go down the marsh tonight and as reported it was a blank , not to worry as it is another day tomorrow and hopefully I will be back down there and the bag will weigh a bit more on the way back than when we started off .

GOOD LUCK with your Woodcock shooting ( We haven't seen one yet although there should be a few about )  :good: MM

4 minutes ago, Westley said:

Congratulations and I hope you had a great day.

My Wife shares her birthday with you and she is the same age, although she will not admit to that  !

Good morning Westley , I hope your good lady enjoyed her day as much as I did , although I haven't drunk for a number of years I still get my enjoyment in having the freedom to do what I want and if able to go where I want , I get aches and pains the same as everyone else but I still do plenty of exercise by taking my dog out two or three times a day and often take my gun with me as we have plenty of marshland to walk around , mind you I am now noticing my dog is looking stiffer than I am when we get back home:lol:

My wife is about six weeks younger than me and we were both in the same class at school , I only found out the other day she also left school at Christmas like I did as her birthday was in the school holidays , as it turned out it was the start of one of the worst Winters in living memory ( 1962 / 63 ) and would you believe I have been cold ever since :drinks:

Morning, I was already working in the 62/63 winter. We were working 14 to 15 hours a day. It was the old towns gas back then, it had a high water content and that would freeze, blocking off the gas supply. All we could do was pour boiling water over the service pipe to defrost it.  Happy days.  I would like to tell you that the aches and pains lessen as you get older............they don't, but they are sure as hell better than the alternative  !  🤣  my days on the marsh are long over, i still enjoy three or four days game shooting, but shoot clays once a week. Keep hanging in there, you owe it to your dog to keep going  ! W.