Prostate

Neverforget

Afternoon guys not been on for a few years had issues, I’ve just read that two members have passed.

This isn’t a feel sorry for myself but a simple heads up, I recently have been diagnosed with prostate cancer over the last few months I’ve been very vocal about it with work colleagues and friends, this is a simple blood test even if people feel fine and it’s worth doing

Guys please take time to book a PSA test it’s simple doesn’t hurt and could just save a life, awareness is the key guys are very proud as I was my father died from this very thing 24 years ago, there is so much that can be done 

Get Checked 

Admin sorry just put this in the wrong section please move or delete 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Neverforget said:

Afternoon guys not been on for a few years had issues, I’ve just read that two members have passed.

This isn’t a feel sorry for myself but a simple heads up, I recently have been diagnosed with prostate cancer over the last few months I’ve been very vocal about it with work colleagues and friends, this is a simple blood test even if people feel fine and it’s worth doing

Guys please take time to book a PSA test it’s simple doesn’t hurt and could just save a life, awareness is the key guys are very proud as I was my father died from this very thing 24 years ago, there is so much that can be done 

Get Checked 

Thanks for the heads up Neverforget

4 hours ago, Neverforget said:

Get Checked 

Sorry to hear that and well said

I was diagnosed with it in 2018 (age 56) and was very lucky they found it early, only went because my wife nagged me. Had a prostatectomy but still have to have PSA (blood) test every year. My Dad was diagnosed years earlier when he was 72 (now 86) with stage 4 prostate cancer and we expected the worst. However he was given a trial drug (steroids) and 14 years later is still enjoying his life with my mum.

We saw him go through hell from first diagnosis for the best part of 4 years so totally agree with Neverforget, get checked 

@Neverforget Not wishing to pry but if you feel like you want to chat, just drop me an IM

Enlarged prostrate at 46, im 54 now and on annual bloods.  Not a big problem yet but we are watching for changes. 

If you need to pee in the night 

If you pee and need to go again in 10 mins 

If you feel discomfort after a small amount of fluid 

Just go for the exam

11 minutes ago, Rupert said:

Enlarged prostrate at 46, im 54 now and on annual bloods.  Not a big problem yet but we are watching for changes. 

If you need to pee in the night 

If you pee and need to go again in 10 mins 

If you feel discomfort after a small amount of fluid 

Just go for the exam

Just get checked regardless.

I had no symptoms at all and when I eventually went for the PSA test my reading was 19. Anything below 3 is considered ok. When I saw the Urologist, which was the next step, he told me with my reading and my Dad’s history there was 50% chance I had cancer and therefore without treatment, my life expectancy was considerably challenged. It frightened the life out of me and looking back was glad he was so direct. I then had the biopsy which was the worst part of the whole experience (not painful, just uncomfortable) and it took me a couple of months to decide on the course of action, which was the op.

Can’t stress enough, get the test done

@Neverforget thank you for posting this. We men don’t talk about these sorts of things anywhere near enough and the taboo needs to be broken to make it easier for the coming generations to be honest and open. Having lost both my Dad, Grandad  and Nanna front the other side of the family the c word hits close to home with me. Thanks again 

1 hour ago, Humblepie said:

Just get checked regardless.

I had no symptoms at all and when I eventually went for the PSA test my reading was 19. Anything below 3 is considered ok. When I saw the Urologist, which was the next step, he told me with my reading and my Dad’s history there was 50% chance I had cancer and therefore without treatment, my life expectancy was considerably challenged. It frightened the life out of me and looking back was glad he was so direct. I then had the biopsy which was the worst part of the whole experience (not painful, just uncomfortable) and it took me a couple of months to decide on the course of action, which was the op.

Can’t stress enough, get the test done

If there was a like button, just saying

I have been through all this. I tell everyone, get tested. Best to catch it early. I was diagnosed with cancer after a test. Everything happened very fast regarding treatment. I had 3 options and chose prostectomy (get the ****** out). When I went back for check up I was talking to a guy who I think had radiotherapy. His cancer had come back and the radiotherapy had done some damage to his uretha so he was informed a permanent catheter. So if you are unfortunate to get prostate cancer have it out. You may not be able to enjoy sex as much but it's better than being dead.

I had radiation treatment for prostate cancer three years ago following a very high PSA reading.

The radiation damaged my bladder, urethra and bowels. I would still recommend PSA tests annually for those reaching the age of forty years.

Had I not had the treatment I would be dead or dying.

Thanks for posting this. I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer and have to decide which treatment to go for. This has not been easy but after contacting my local support group, reading this post and talking to someone that that has recently been through the same process I have decided on surgery. 
I have no symptoms to speak of  other than age related reduced urine flow. I was persuaded by my wife and son to take a PSA test run by a local prostate cancer support group. My results were in single figures but high enough for concern. MRI scan and biopsy found cancer and so to the treatment stage. 
If you are over 45, have a family history of cancer or have problems peeing get a PSA test done, it’s a blood test but is a good indicator that there may be something wrong. 👍👍👍

9 years ago I was treat  for prostrate  cancer , I thank my young lady  for spotting it .  I had  the radioactive  seed  implanted at Edinburgh  hospital . Psa tests twice a year  results  show no signs at all . The big danger  with this slow  growing  cancer   the chance  of a  cell breaking away  and trading  through  the body and forming a cancer in another part of t he   body .

A PSA blood test is a small ***** in the arm ( pun intended)

51 and have enlarged prostate! Diagnosed a couple of years ago ! 

manage mine by keeping topped  up with water especially first thing in the morning!

Get it checked as catching it early means you could save you can save yourself from this horrible disease travelling from the prostate to other area of the body !

Agriv8

I,am 65 this year and had my prostate cancer removed 8 yrs ago after promising my father unlike himself who died from this if caught in time cancer that on his death bed I would keep getting tested.the Doctors kept telling me I had no symptoms so not to worry but I kept insisting when I reached57 after getting tested yearly suddenly get called in to be informed I had prostate cancer which after surgery was removed ,like my younger brother after my experience also requesting test also fobbed of not showing any conditions your to young bull**** also couple yrs after has it also please please please you guys keep getting tested regardless 2nd biggest killer of men and if caught well early is treatable

Hello, my consultant told I'm in my 10th year of PSA tests,  2 scans and biopsy , so far Ive been lucky 👍, I've had 2 or 3 high PSA readings from the beginning  one recent but sometimes this happens, a further test was low, so it's back to 2 PSA tests again this year, it's what the Churchill call active surveillance , I know if there was any major change my consultant would recommend another biopsy or op but untill then I shall carry on my life 👍

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Coincidence, im peeing like a camel and cannot hold my bladder. Had the finger up my bum hole few weeks ago which showed i had an enlarged prostrate and tomorrow im in hospital having a renal scan. All of this is on top of recovering from multiple strokes in 2019 at 49 years old.

Get yourself checked boys cos you're a long time dead. 

Dougy, if it is the same as the screening in Wales, first you need to get a Chinese takeaway. 

Eat the food, discard lid, wash container, then poop in it. Select best looking stool and stick collection pot into it.

Why somebody would want a career sampling poop is beyond me. But I'm glad they do.

13 minutes ago, 30-6 said:

I was told a couple of months ago, I'm 65, that every male over 25 had enlarging of the prostrate. This was by a " prostrate expert ".

Mine is enlarged and rough, but after PSA blood test, they don't seem too concerned about it.

He is right our prostate will all enlarge over time - my prostate is huge but non cancerous to the point I have peed blood in the past - but having regular psa test means if it does turn cancerous and caught early enough the chance of this spreading to something a Dan sight more important than your prostate is minimal.

a psa test is more comfortable than a finger up the bum or a camera up your John Thomas !

Agriv8

Edited by Agriv8

8 hours ago, Down South said:

Thanks for posting this. I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer and have to decide which treatment to go for. This has not been easy but after contacting my local support group, reading this post and talking to someone that that has recently been through the same process I have decided on surgery. 
I have no symptoms to speak of  other than age related reduced urine flow. I was persuaded by my wife and son to take a PSA test run by a local prostate cancer support group. My results were in single figures but high enough for concern. MRI scan and biopsy found cancer and so to the treatment stage. 
If you are over 45, have a family history of cancer or have problems peeing get a PSA test done, it’s a blood test but is a good indicator that there may be something wrong. 👍👍👍

It’s a tough decision but think you have made the right choice. Success rates from the op are very high, so good luck mate. Talking about it with people who have been through the whole process, regardless of the choice of treatment is definitely the right thing to do.

Best wishes