Kes

Dougy

8 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Brian Glover no less. 

The character played by Brian Glover was based on a real person. When I was managing a care homein Barnsley a few years ago the older staff told me stories about his antics. Apparently he used to collect all the children in the village on Sundays morning from their houses and make them do football training.  Parents did not have a say in the matter. This included boys and girls and in types of weather. He would be locked up in this day and age

Edited by yates

12 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Imagine that being made today it would be a pensioner with a budgie to appease the snowflakes 

Ken Loach has made it today - 2016. I Daniel Blake. He then made it again in 2019, Sorry We Missed You. Same film, same motifs, same plot matrix, same misery, same dismal ending. He's been making the same film for decades. He's got another upcoming film too, The Old Oak. I can't imagine that will be any different.

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

Ken Loach has made it today - 2016. I Daniel Blake. He then made it again in 2019, Sorry We Missed You. Same film, same motifs, same plot matrix, same misery, same dismal ending. He's been making the same film for decades. He's got another upcoming film too, The Old Oak. I can't imagine that will be any different.

Funny but true.👍🤣

7 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

That's what you get when you only make films to suit your own train track ideology. I'm willing to go as far as putting good money (and I was christened a methodist) that he will never make a different film.

Edited by PeterHenry

On 24/02/2023 at 22:53, Dougy said:

Just out of interest how many of the younger generation on PW have seen the film "Kes" or read the book ? 

Getting a notification on face ache on another matter got me dredging through the site and saw "kes" brought up. 

There is no younger generation on here 😆