Latest plan to stop the boats.

12gauge82

Well I don’t know if this will be enough to start to get them to stop coming over but at least Richie is giving it a go the sentiment is there it’s the legal eagles he has to fight next 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

I'm sorry but you, and a lot of the other older guys (60+) who are either; winding people up (for a laugh, or for political reasons), dumb*** stupid or can't use the search engines to find alternative views should just stop posting. 100 million and 80-90 M heading here, you're having a giraffe, dumb*** stupid or can't search the Internet. One thing to remember is that it isn't your country, its ours

What about the present generation? I fought for this country and I'm not alone on this forum. How dare you put words in others mouths!

I have to disagree with you on this one Henry this is my country it’s how I feel and i presume that’s how Dutchman feels  is it a crime to love your country or is it another woke piece of carp to say ours as you say you fought for it you should be proud people think of it as my country 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the only way this plan works is we leave the echr. 

Brexit was about taking back control as a county, how do we have that control if we can't remove illegal immigrants due to a foreign courts rulings. 

The UK has a chance to forge the way ahead on the world stage in creating new human rights laws fit for the next 50-100 years and hopefully continuing in the spirit of what human rights laws were created for in the first place, rather than the current literal rule which allows terrorists and criminals to hide behind. 

I also think Oowee has a point in that properly thought out legal routes for migrants need to be addressed for genuine refugees to escape genocide and war ect. 

17 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I also think Oowee has a point in that properly thought out legal routes for migrants need to be addressed for genuine refugees to escape genocide and war ect. 

Absolutely. Then anyone entering illegally is just that, an illegal immigrant and not welcome.

Edited by Newbie to this

The biggest problem is you can not tell the difference between someone who is a genuine refugee and someone who would end your life for the change in your pocket, and what the Hell is happening to the children that are just being picked up outside these Hotels in cars and disappearing, have they really just been brought here to be abused, our Politicians really need to Stand up in court for there crimes to us and them.

43 minutes ago, countryman said:

what the Hell is happening to the children that are just being picked up outside these Hotels in cars and disappearing, have they really just been brought here to be abused, our Politicians really need to Stand up in court for there crimes to us and them.

I would guess most if not virtually all are not children, but have simply registered themselves as children to assist with any asylum claim. None the less, very concerning stuff. 

11 hours ago, henry d said:

I'm sorry but you, and a lot of the other older guys (60+) who are either; winding people up (for a laugh, or for political reasons), dumb*** stupid or can't use the search engines to find alternative views should just stop posting. 100 million and 80-90 M heading here, you're having a giraffe, dumb*** stupid or can't search the Internet. One thing to remember is that it isn't your country, its ours

What about the present generation? I fought for this country and I'm not alone on this forum. How dare you put words in others mouths!

Argumentum ad hominem. 

17 hours ago, oowee said:

They should go away and put in place a legal process and route to travel first.

Woke (educated) Civil Servants will be telling them the same. 

There are proper and legal processes already in place. And lots of people use it.

The biggest reason for being granted asylum is now modern slavery. They owe money to people traffickers. Not war or political oppression 

There is a big hotel in Newquay right on the front called the Beresford. It's been taken over to house migrants. All young men.

The people most opposed to them are the local shops and restaurants. They are not eating out or spending money like a tourist would. Plus a lot of shoplifting and minor criminality

It's a valid complaint

Oh and by the way Civil Servants are not woke, just lazy

Edited by Vince Green

11 hours ago, henry d said:

Hello, well I am one of those 60 + but do not consider myself dumb, you do not need to look on any search engine to see that £42 million per week of tax payers money , yours to Henry to house them in hotels should be spent on looking after the UK nationals what ever nationality with genuine passports and paper work rather than 10s of 1000s with no identification and drown the people smugglers like many of the illegal immigrants have sadly gone , illegal is just that, ILLEGAL 

1 hour ago, countryman said:

The biggest problem is you can not tell the difference between someone who is a genuine refugee and someone who would end your life for the change in your pocket

I would hope any change to the human rights act would allow a decision to be made that puts the safety of those already in this country first, therefore any doubt of the safety of an asylum claim to UK citizens would hopefully end in the application being rejected. 

I believe the governments latest plan is probably to invoke a response from the European Court of human rights saying UK governments act of Parliament is illegal. UK government will then say they need to remove EU Court supremacy and install our own human rights laws.

Time will tell. 

34 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

... Oh and by the way Civil Servants are not woke, just lazy

I rather think they are signed up lefty union members - so therefore Labour supporters fighting the Tories efforts to stop the small boat traffic. Ironically their taxes are helping to fund the population increase and cost of living here, but the demographic change of this country is another reason they want to help Labour.

BTW, I wonder how many Civil Servants are immigrants themselves.

17 hours ago, ditchman said:

Just same old same old............get rid of the EU'version of the ECHR's.....much of the base of the ECHR's harp back and were conceived in 1951....we have moved on ..it hasnt

think on this there are (rough guess 100 million) displaced ...unhappy..skint...criminal.....terrorist.....people out there..............and you know what..?....i rekon 80-90% of them want to head to Britian....my country

if we...the people we elect, dont man up and do something.....my, our British society will be ripped apart.....all our loves and all our hopes and all our dreams and all our hobbies...will go down the sewer ...we will become (something that is already happening)  3rd class citizens in OUR own country

think on that

I agree with some of what you've said, some I think is hyperbole. I do want to know your thoughts on one issue though. If theoretically, 100 million immigrants were to end up here, what do you think that would do to the political landscape? I highly doubt that they hold left-wing political views given the countries that they would be coming from.

51 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

There are proper and legal processes already in place. And lots of people use it.

The biggest reason for being granted asylum is now modern slavery. They owe money to people traffickers. Not war or political oppression 

There is a big hotel in Newquay right on the front called the Beresford. It's been taken over to house migrants. All young men.

The people most opposed to them are the local shops and restaurants. They are not eating out or spending money like a tourist would. Plus a lot of shoplifting and minor criminality

It's a valid complaint

Oh and by the way Civil Servants are not woke, just lazy

Theres Nothing new under the sun, 

Every summer newquay is full of young men involved in low level criminality,

Generally

Scousers and mank drug dealers with their staffy and kids in tow,

All the sensible REAL locals have avoided newquay like the plague for years 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I believe the governments latest plan is probably to invoke a response from the European Court of human rights saying UK governments act of Parliament is illegal. UK government will then say they need to remove EU Court supremacy and install our own human rights laws.

My thoughts exactly, they could turn round and say 'Look we cant even protect our borders and make our own laws because of the ECHR !' 

But what troubles me most , is if the Gov needs public opinion to change something, why didnt we have a referendum on it years ago, why not now?

2 questions in a simple format .

1. Should the UK pull out of the ECHR ?
2. Do you support the PMs move to criminalise and refuse asylum seekers who arrive here illegally ?
3. Shall we just make Farage PM , avoid all these question and just get it done ?

44 minutes ago, Genghis said:

I agree with some of what you've said, some I think is hyperbole. I do want to know your thoughts on one issue though. If theoretically, 100 million immigrants were to end up here, what do you think that would do to the political landscape? I highly doubt that they hold left-wing political views given the countries that they would be coming from.

They dont really have left or right political views in this country, they support the party that makes them more prosperous, and guarantees their safety.

2nd and 3rd generation Asian migrants here tend to switch between the 2 depending on whats being offered , or more often , dont bother voting.
The countries they originate from,  have political parties that are corrupt, tribal or family favoured, and largely , untrustable, they dont see politics as being beneficial to them 'They just tax us'

Recent migrants are similar , but they will support the party that let them in, and thats both of them.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Time will tell. 

Also I suspect part of the wider need to reduce citizens rights to better position the UK to compete on price. The same with legislation to further restrictions on striking labour. 

Edited by oowee

20 minutes ago, oowee said:

Also I suspect part of the wider need to reduce citizens rights to better position the UK to compete on price. The same with legislation to further restrictions on striking labour. 

I dont agree with this, I believe if done correctly it will very much strengthen uk citizen rights and protect them in many ways including financially and security wise being the two obvious benefits. 

As always though, the proof is in the pudding! 

Edited by 12gauge82

Woke (educated) Civil Servants

Oowee - a classic. Only four words, but so wrong on many levels. 🙂

Woke in my book means stupid, not very bright and out of touch with reality. 

Civil Servants are there to advise and carry out Government policy. We seem to have been taken over by "educated" ( I use that term loosely) Civil Servants who seem to frustrate Government policy, which is a disciplinary matter. 

51 minutes ago, oowee said:

These illegal immigrants have better rights than me, they get put up in hotels , fed , clothed, and have freedom to walk about/abscond if they choose.
Their medical and dentistry needs are given precedence over people who have paid taxes all their life, and they have free legal and translator assistance .

When they are granted asylum, they will be given preferential treatment for housing and benefits, most will never enter gainful employment that pays tax back into the country.

Lets fix the rights of UK citizens first, and that involves removing the rights of those that have chosen to break the law as their first act in the UK.

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Civil Servants who seem to frustrate Government policy, which is a disciplinary matter. 

Not in the civil service, its a fast track promotion path.

1 hour ago, Genghis said:

a very good question...........i can only make my mind up with the information available....when i say a 100 million ...i rekon its alot more...but saying that , they are people that wish they were somewhere else...and that place is Britain...the majority it is a pipe dream...........until they come up with a "funder"...someone that will lend you the money to acheive your dream ..and then want in return a profit,,,so once you reach Britain you will start to remit FOREX into the relevant acc' at a inflated %....

if continued access is allowed to "incomers"....the whole social landscape of our country will change ...because due to the ECHR's they will have the upper hand and right on their side...........Britain is British because of the British...we have been there...seen it...done it....but because of greedy lawyers (who i view as traitors) and the ECHR's...we are fighting a losing battle.......

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

BTW, I wonder how many Civil Servants are immigrants themselves.

Lots

Same as the council employees at our local town hall. 

Civil Servant is a very respected job choice in places like India and they brought that view of the job with them when they came here

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Oowee - a classic. Only four words, but so wrong on many levels. 🙂

Woke in my book means stupid, not very bright and out of touch with reality. 

Civil Servants are there to advise and carry out Government policy. We seem to have been taken over by "educated" ( I use that term loosely) Civil Servants who seem to frustrate Government policy, which is a disciplinary matter. 

Also civil Servants have found that making complaints about cabinet ministers bullying them is a good way of getting rid of the minister

So now I would imagine most cabinet ministers spend their time walking on egg shells and the civil Servants do whatever they want. Which is mostly nothing it appears

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

a very good question...........i can only make my mind up with the information available....when i say a 100 million ...i rekon its alot more...but saying that , they are people that wish they were somewhere else...and that place is Britain...the majority it is a pipe dream...........until they come up with a "funder"...someone that will lend you the money to acheive your dream ..and then want in return a profit,,,so once you reach Britain you will start to remit FOREX into the relevant acc' at a inflated %....

if continued access is allowed to "incomers"....the whole social landscape of our country will change ...because due to the ECHR's they will have the upper hand and right on their side...........Britain is British because of the British...we have been there...seen it...done it....but because of greedy lawyers (who i view as traitors) and the ECHR's...we are fighting a losing battle.......

What is British though?
I am Welsh, my father was English, i was born in Germany, am i less British than someone born in England and lived there all their life?Does the colour of your skin decide if you are British? or is it the way you vote, or maybe what you eat?

Is there a definition of British that i should be adhering to?

34 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

What is British though?
I am Welsh, my father was English, i was born in Germany, am i less British than someone born in England and lived there all their life?Does the colour of your skin decide if you are British? or is it the way you vote, or maybe what you eat?

Is there a definition of British that i should be adhering to?

Rimfire has just posted the answer..........Being British is nothing to do with colour creed or birth...........its a personal state of mind