Labour policies

Weihrauch17

So this week we have had Raynor wanting to enpower the Unions, Starmer wanting to take numbers of Migrants to be determined by the EU and now this from the horror Lammy :

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/sep/16/labour-wants-new-eu-links-in-a-reset-of-british-foreign-policy

They must have lost millions and millions of votes in a single week. 

21 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

So this week we have had Raynor wanting to enpower the Unions, Starmer wanting to take numbers of Migrants to be determined by the EU and now this from the horror Lammy :

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/sep/16/labour-wants-new-eu-links-in-a-reset-of-british-foreign-policy

I bloody hope so, the Tories are bad enough !!!

Hello, has there ever been a decent Labour party 🤔 and come to think of it any Tory party, 🤔 since the end of WW2 the old slogan, we want to make this country good again 🤔, we've heard it all before like a stuck record that Is why people are fed up with politics most the younger generation who do not bother to vote as they cannot see there is any future, looking at the state of this country now who can blame them,

47 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, has there ever been a decent Labour party 🤔 and come to think of it any Tory party, 🤔 since the end of WW2 the old slogan, we want to make this country good again 🤔, we've heard it all before like a stuck record that Is why people are fed up with politics most the younger generation who do not bother to vote as they cannot see there is any future, looking at the state of this country now who can blame them,

Totally agree with you............

as ive said before ...we all know what the solution is...............a total reset...read into that what you want

30 minutes ago, Marty J said:

I think I've been misunderstood, I meant that I hope Liebor have lost millions of votes this week and that as bad as the Tories are Starmers gang are worse.  I can remember the disasterous Wilson government, the power cuts and three day weeks.

and Starmer doesn't even have people alongside him with the calibre of Healey, Jenkins, Castle or Crosland.

How can anyone think that the Starmer gang would do anything other than muck it all up.

19 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Unfortunately, they won’t have lost many at all. Bookies have Labour as almost certain to win the next election. It would take some form of huge scandal to change that at this stage.

21 minutes ago, Genghis said:

Unfortunately, they won’t have lost many at all. Bookies have Labour as almost certain to win the next election. It would take some form of huge scandal to change that at this stage.

At some point people decide that things can't be worse with the other party, because there are only really two to vote for in England,  everyone's bills and cost of living has gone up and up so Starmer saying things will be better sounds good.

The SNP have done nothing in Scotland,  Labour have done nothing in Wales and if Labour get in in England they'll do nothing, nothing good at least, but folk will fancy a change and then reap what they sow.

1 hour ago, amateur said:

Starmer doesn't even have people alongside him with the calibre of Healey, Jenkins, Castle or Crosland.

Thank God! It was Healey who cancelled the TSR-2 airplane and so effectively destroyed the British fighter aircraft industry as an independent industry and Jenkins who, to divert attention from that Labour had abolished the death penalty (so Harry Roberts didn't hang for the murder of PCs Wombwell, Head and Fox) who introduced licensing of shotguns. So me I'm damn glad Starmer has neither Healey (who taxed my late father at 19s 6d in the £1 so 97.50% tax) nor Jenkins.

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Of course and it's still going strong. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/sep/17/tony-blair-institute-rise

19 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Thank God! It was Healey who cancelled the TSR-2 airplane and so effectively destroyed the British fighter aircraft industry as an independent industry and Jenkins who, to divert attention from that Labour had abolished the death penalty (so Harry Roberts didn't hang for the murder of PCs Wombwell, Head and Fox) who introduced licensing of shotguns. So me I'm damn glad Starmer has neither Healey (who taxed my late father at 19s 6d in the £1 so 97.50% tax) nor Jenkins.

My point exactly.

Those who were regarded, at the time, as being first class, mucked up.

How can we realistically believe that second-rate Starmer's motley crew will perform better?

20 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The three day week was Ted Heath - Tories, not labour.

Brought about by the Marxist-led miners union shutting down of power stations.

On 16/09/2023 at 20:29, Weihrauch17 said:

I sincerely doubt that, thinking people have given in knowing whatever happens we are sunk??

On 17/09/2023 at 16:33, Gordon R said:

The three day week was Ted Heath - Tories, not labour.

I remember it very well, you could think heath used this to go against the miners when millions of people got laid of work and sat at home in the dark 🤔🙄

Edited by oldypigeonpopper