Suella Braverman sacked

JDog

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Pritti Patel all over again. I am not saying either is perfect, but the minute they instruct Civil Servants to do their jobs, the campaign to oust them starts. 

Both made mistakes, but mainly talked commonsense and were more in touch with the public than the woke luvvies.

11 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

It's Pritti Patel all over again.  I am not saying either is perfect, but the minute they instruct Civil Servants to do their jobs, the campaign to oust them starts. 

Both made mistakes, but mainly talked commonsense and were more in touch with the public than the woke luvvies.

Agreed.  I think the perceived problem is both made the 'right noises' but the related actual outcome didn't happen. 

I also suspect that the Ruanda migrants issue (one of Braverman's main tasks at the Home Office) which is due for a major court verdict later this week won't go well, so she will end up the 'scapegoat'.

Also, the accommodation barge where migrants sent there were removed again a few days later when (legionaires??) contamination was found in the water -  also done by the Home Office didn't go well and it was weeks before the occupants could return.

The Home Office has looked clumsy, incompetent and poorly thought out ........ and she was at the head.  As to whether it was her fault, justbad planning and incompetent execution, or internal dissent/sabotage by intermediary staff at some level ............ that is not clear.

In fact, the Home Office overall looks very poor indeed - and (in my view) it goes far deeper than anything caused by or due to the (succession of)  'figurehead' ministers at the top.

Soon it will be, if we’re not there already, that you dare speak the truth and upset certain people then your over.

35 minutes ago, mellors said:

Yes. 

And it looks like Cameron is coming back. 

Just been confirmed . Not sure is a good or bad thing but sure I don’t expect much from any of them swine except to line their own pockets 

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, Braverman out Camaroon in 🤔, we all remember him, as the quote , we are all in this together🤔

i can just imagine the Rushi phone call, Dave mate !!!, can you come back in the fold ? we are having a spot of bother with you know who !!!!! , reply, no problem Rushi i will be right there ASAP !!!!!

41 minutes ago, Ratlegs said:

Best home secretary for years had the guts to stand up

Yes, she did

42 minutes ago, Ratlegs said:

and do the job

and unfortunately, she didn't.  I think she tried hard, but didn't make much progress.

• Rwanda - not yet decided, but looking like the Home Office will lose in court
  • Accommodation barge - done (very late) then almost immediately emptied for several weeks as found unsafe (contaminated water).  VERY few actually in there.
  • Migration/asylum waiting list - HUGE and not really reducing

Yes, she stood up and made the right noises - but wasn't able to carry that through to action.  Maybe not her fault ....... but that's how it is seen.

10 minutes ago, old'un said:

what the **** is going on, think the whole lot need putting out to pasture, waste of space the lot of em, :big_boss: any ideas where to put my X in the election?

hello, that is the trouble old un , who is going to be a good party to vote for 🤔

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

28 minutes ago, old'un said:

what the **** is going on, think the whole lot need putting out to pasture, waste of space the lot of em, :big_boss: any ideas where to put my X in the election?

16 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Politics in this country STINKS !!!!!!! . it is a great shame !!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

The Conservatives are finished. God help us all!

i wont even pretend to know what is going on................perhaps someone has been listening to the Boomtown rats "i dont like mondays".....

is this what managing the country of Great Britain looks like...............stunningly weird....

i bet Starmer is reeling in shock

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, Braverman out Camaroon in 🤔, we all remember him, as the quote , we are all in this together🤔

Great news. Well done Sunak. You cant have political pressure put on the policing. Good ridance. 

Cameroon? I don't know how that reprobate dare show his face in public after wrecking this country. 

27 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

The Conservatives are finished. God help us all!

Thank goodness there is a glimmer of light. 

25 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Politics in this country STINKS !!!!!!! . it is a great shame !!!!!!

The Tories stink yes. 

32 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, that is the trouble old un , who is going to be a good party to vote for 🤔

Anything but blue.

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

It's Pritti Patel all over again. I am not saying either is perfect, but the minute they instruct Civil Servants to do their jobs, the campaign to oust them starts. 

? She gave the green light to the right wing unrest at the weekend. Nowt to do with the more enlightened public. 

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Yes, she did

and unfortunately, she didn't.  I think she tried hard, but didn't make much progress.

• Rwanda - not yet decided, but looking like the Home Office will lose in court
  • Accommodation barge - done (very late) then almost immediately emptied for several weeks as found unsafe (contaminated water).  VERY few actually in there.
  • Migration/asylum waiting list - HUGE and not really reducing

Yes, she stood up and made the right noises - but wasn't able to carry that through to action.  Maybe not her fault ....... but that's how it is seen.

This    I think she wanted to but got told no but wasted a 💩 load of our taxes on policies that was never going to work with today's society 

Edited by Rim Fire

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

The Home Office has looked clumsy, incompetent and poorly thought out ........ and she was at the head.  As to whether it was her fault,  it was bad planning , incompetent execution, and internal dissent/sabotage by senior staff .

Sorry J needed to correct this paragraph.

Edited by Yellow Bear

The difficulty both main parties have is that they are made up of members with a very broad base of views;

For the Tories, they range from the right side of those like Braverman, Francois, Rees-Mogg, Lord Frost, Bill Cash, John Redwood, ERG set etc.  to the centre(ish) 'one nation' lots such as Lord Clarke, Lord Heseltine, Cameron, Johnson (sometimes), Jeremy Hunt, Tom Tugendhat, etc.

For Labour, on the right side we have Starmer, Rachel Reeves, Tristram Hunt - and on the left, Corbyn, McDonnell, Burgeon, Rayner, Abbott, Russell-Moyle, Sultana and a whole lot more.

The Liberals don't really have enough to show splits.

One theoretical solution would be to split BOTH parties:

• Tory becomes Traditional (rightish) Conservative and One Nation (centre right) Conservative.
  • Labour becomes New Labour (basically Blairites) and Momentum Labour (Corbyn's cronies)

But that wouldn't work unless it was done by both parties in the same election ........ and that won't happen.

Edited by JohnfromUK

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

Great news. Well done Sunak. You cant have political pressure politicians highlighting the favouritism the met shows towards protesters put on the policing.

Fixed that for you.

She calls out what we all can see, that you can do what you like as long as your protest is for the correct cause (BLM, Just Stop Oil, eradication of Israel...), but dare to protest lockdowns, vax mandates or even women's rights and by crikey will they crack down on you.

Braverman called it out, albeit it was her mess to fix, and she had to go.

Sunak has proved himself a contemptible moron for firing her and walked right into Starmer's trap.  Well, I say trap.  All Starmer had to do was not interrupt his enemy whilst he was making a mistake. Something he's turned into a fine are (if doing SweetFA is an art).  Get ready for PM Starmer.

I suggest all the ex-BASC members on here, hold their nose and join an organisation, and do it today.  We as a community need to be organised if we're to survive the coming government.